• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabres captaincy

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a cool thing. I actually like how in football you have several Captains on each team. Makes it a group of leadership instead of a sole thing, though hockey does have the "A" as well.

Football seems a little different though because the team has separate units that are never on the field playing together.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not as bad as nearly 1/3 of the team receiving an "A" in Edmonton. It's like Oprah giving away merchandise to the crowd.

"YOU GET AN 'A' AND YOU GET AN 'A' AND YOU GET AN 'A' - EVERYONE GETS AN 'A'"

45095-Oprah-You-Get-a-Car-Meme-gif-veB0.gif

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what the "A"s are for?

Actually I was unclear on that detail anyway so now is a good time to ask, will the guy who's not wearing the "C" for Buffalo that night be wearing an "A" or will he not have anything?

They will wear an "A" when not sporting the "C"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone notice the Oiler fan in the front row corner stands of the oiler / jets game who started air punching the glass when a scrum started in the 3rd ... I think it was when Smyth "turnstiled" bigbuff

it was oddly hypnotic ... he wouldnt stop air punching

anyway, he had a C on his jersey too :noidea:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mintyp69;3723660]The years where Drury & Briere shared were the BEST years. And we had alot of up & comers such as Roy, Pommer & Vanek come into the fold. We went to the Eastern Cup finals only to lose to the Canes because we were decimated by injuries & the next year we were President Trophy Winner

But no cup....PICK A CAPTAIN!

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mintyp69;3723660]The years where Drury & Briere shared were the BEST years. And we had alot of up & comers such as Roy, Pommer & Vanek come into the fold. We went to the Eastern Cup finals only to lose to the Canes because we were decimated by injuries & the next year we were President Trophy Winner

Baby steps.....

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pray that the day comes when we win a Cup and Super Bowl. I will never throw it in anyone's face just sit back and enjoy the victory. As a fan I don't win or lose games just cheer my team on the best I and all Buffalo fans can. Just to win one would be great ! Doesn't matter if it's a Cup or a SB. If not, I along with many other Buffalo fans will die unhappy because we failed as a fans to win one? When Carolina beat the Sabres we were taunted by fans that had nothing to do with the out come they just happened to live in the right place.

Why would I never throw it into another fans face? Because I know the frustrations and pain it gives to die hard fans to hear it and it sucks. Statistic's show that Bills and Sabres fans are as passionate as any and I take pride in that. It shows we don't jump on and off of the bandwagon and I wear that like a badge of honor. I could sit here and name many cities where the arena was empty when their teams didn't win but I won't do that, it's not my style.

But I am a Buffalo fan and damn proud of it that no one can take away from me, win or lose.

Lets Go Buffalo !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, the loss last night is mostly on Ott, he was the captain. Vanek is laughing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....BTW can anyone think of a team that won the cup without a captain or rather with rotating the C?

Hmm, they didn't rotate captains but the 1969-70 Boston Bruins had no official captain.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Johnny Bucyk but you could be right

I guess they had Johnny Bucyk, Phil Esposito, & Ed Westfall all wear the "A" and left the "C" vacant that season.