• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban's Right

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still play a tougher schedule than 80% of college football.

I didn't say they didn't but if you are going to open your mouth about non conference opponents that shouldn't be your mom conference schedule.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Alabama should have to play the conference champion of each P5 conference the next year.

No but Saban should keep his mouth closed playing the likes of the Citadel.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has a conference we're all fans unless you play for Colorado football. The point is Saban saying everyone should only play Power Five non conference with that as his mom conference slate is laughable. Through Notre Dame's season they played as many power give opponents as Saban's Alabama. Also you're team went 5-7 sit down bitch.
Well you do understand Nick Saban doesn't make the SEC scheduling rules, right? He's also bitched about non-conference scheduling beyond the current season. You're acting like it's just some kind of front. You're also acting like Bama's schedule is some kind of a joke. They play few cupcakes but that conference schedule in brutal. I'd also challenge you to find me another team that has a run comparable to Bama's LSU thru Chokelahoma streak.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they didn't but if you are going to open your mouth about non conference opponents that shouldn't be your mom conference schedule.

Damn dude. You seem to have some kind of an axe to grind with the SEC and Nick Saban. It's not their fault Brian Kelly is a red-faced asshole that can't figure out how to prepare his teams for games that have actual championship implications.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then nothing ever gets fixed/changed. You expect Saban/Alabama to just up and make their schedule much much harder, just so he can have an opinion on something?

Will-Ferrell-Thats-dumb.gif

I hope you make no real decisions in life.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama coach Nick Saban said he still isn't quite sure how the committee determines the top four teams.

"I don't honestly know all the things the Selection Committee does to make the decision," he said. "I just assumed that they -- from several different resources, look at the total body of work that a particular team does relative to strength of schedule and those types of things.

"But we're not on a level playing field now, all right. I mean, if you play a championship game -- I mean, we played a top-4 team in the championship game, so we actually played an eight-team playoff this year for our team. Some teams didn't have to do that."

Saban said he's talked "to no avail" about how all Power 5 schools should only play Power 5 opponents, but that "nobody is supportive of what I believe."

"Then I think you would be able to evaluate who has the best teams a little bit better because we all wouldn't have three or four games a year that were sort of not significant in terms of how you would evaluate," he said. "It's hard to qualify is this league better than that league, how many good teams do they have in that league. Those things are difficult. But if we all played each other more, I think it would help that."

CFP's Hancock doesn't see field expanding

He's correct, but everybody knows that it's an opinion final four. It's whatever the committee at the time, believes were the four best teams. It would be more efficient, if on their website, they provide a detail explanation on why the top 4 were picked and why 5-8 were left out.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is arguing what you want and he has a powerful voice that people will actually listen to. What part of this is bad for you?

Seriousily use your brain you WANT him to talk on this.

He isn't going to put his team at a disadvantage just to prove a point. He is for changing the rule but he isn't going to enforce it on himself until everyone does.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is. He is always right.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it all factors in I guess. That part could be cyclical though. I thought the big 12 messed up adding the championship game but always playing the 2nd highest team in the conference does help.
I thought it was stupid when the Big Xii implemented it, but I have changed my mind. It makes the Big Xii race more interesting down the stretch, I love the way the Big Xii definitely ends up with the top 2 teams playing, and I think OU got in the Playoffs this year because of the game. Otherwise, I think Georgia (11-2) OR Ohio State (12-1) would have been chosen over 11-1 OU (without a Conference Championship Game). So, the Big Xii made a good decision, and I am fan enough to admit I was wrong in my initial opposition.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it. Oklahoma and Texas are going to meet up in that game a lot. Beating your most hated rival is hard. Doing it twice in the same season is really hard. That game should be played once per season.
Don't worry! Iowa State plans on crashing that party from time to time to help alleviate your angst. :D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was stupid when the Big Xii implemented it, but I have changed my mind. It makes the Big Xii race more interesting down the stretch, I love the way the Big Xii definitely ends up with the top 2 teams playing, and I think OU got in the Playoffs this year because of the game. Otherwise, I think Georgia (11-2) OR Ohio State (12-1) would have been chosen over 11-1 OU (without a Conference Championship Game). So, the Big Xii made a good decision, and I am fan enough to admit I was wrong in my initial opposition.
I would agree it can make the race more interesting down the stretch. It dang sure did this year.

I would also agree that if a conference is going to have a playoff, the Big 12 is the only one doing it correctly.

I would also agree it is probably the reason OU got into the CFP this year...but it shouldn't have IMO. (Not playing in their CCG is also the reason tOSU and Bama did get in the previous two years but that's another discussion.) OU should or should not have gotten in on their 11-1 record alone. They shouldn't get/need a mulligan to get in. I despised Bama getting a mulligan with LSU back in '12.

I'm a golfer. I don't believe in mulligans. And if they've already played once and settled it on the field, why should the loser be rewarded with another shot at 'em. Did Texas get a do over with West Virginia? Did West Virginia get a do over with Okie Lite? Did your clones get a do over with TCU?

Again, just my opinion.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rather troubling, that having been born, raised & educated in Alabama, that of all people I can point out the reading comprehension / logic processing issues with posters in this thread. Let that sink in for a minute...

sabanrockout.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was interviewed, and people care what he has to say. He won’t be keeping his mouth closed, nor should he as long as idiots like those posting in here keep opening theirs.

:lol:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree it can make the race more interesting down the stretch. It dang sure did this year.

I would also agree that if a conference is going to have a playoff, the Big 12 is the only one doing it correctly.

I would also agree it is probably the reason OU got into the CFP this year...but it shouldn't have IMO. (Not playing in their CCG is also the reason tOSU and Bama did get in the previous two years but that's another discussion.) OU should or should not have gotten in on their 11-1 record alone. They shouldn't get/need a mulligan to get in. I despised Bama getting a mulligan with LSU back in '12.

I'm a golfer. I don't believe in mulligans. And if they've already played once and settled it on the field, why should the loser be rewarded with another shot at 'em. Did Texas get a do over with West Virginia? Did West Virginia get a do over with Okie Lite? Did your clones get a do over with TCU?

Again, just my opinion.

You like many misuse the term “mulligan” in this context. A mulligan is taken after a poor shot on a given hole and is completely unearned. However, if said player is able to play well enough on the rest of the course, he may well get another crack at said hole.

We can debate the merits of the 2011 BSC selection all day. Hell I can debate it with myself and see merits to both “sides”. But the selection did NOT constitute a “mulligan” any more than the selection of OSU would’ve done so (i.e., a “do over” for the ISU loss).

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or even Oklahoma playing Texas. Or more to the point, Norte Dame sitting on their ass eating popcorn.

THIS ^^^^^ Time for the Domers to join a conference. They don't sniff the playoffs if they had to face Clemson in the ACC CCG and that is a fact. Pick up your skirt, grab your balls and join a fucking conference Domers......

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is arguing what you want and he has a powerful voice that people will actually listen to. What part of this is bad for you?

Seriousily use your brain you WANT him to talk on this.

He isn't going to put his team at a disadvantage just to prove a point. He is for changing the rule but he isn't going to enforce it on himself until everyone does.

Exactly. Unfortunately too many just don’t get this.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm in agreement with Saban. What the fuck is the playoff committee's criteria? TCU was left out of the '14 playoff b/c the Big 12 was told they needed a CCG. Bama, tOSU and ND have proven how worthless CCG's are after receiving a playoff spot when neither team won their division and played for the CCG. So yeah, I agree with what Saban is saying here.....

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm in agreement with Saban. What the fuck is the playoff committee's criteria? TCU was left out of the '14 playoff b/c the Big 12 was told they needed a CCG. Bama, tOSU and ND have proven how worthless CCG's are after receiving a playoff spot when neither team won their division and played for the CCG. So yeah, I agree with what Saban is saying here.....

TCU was left out because while Bowlsby was explaining that “one true champion” actually can be two true champions, tOSU was beating Wisconsin 59-0.