• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban's Right

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama coach Nick Saban said he still isn't quite sure how the committee determines the top four teams.

"I don't honestly know all the things the Selection Committee does to make the decision," he said. "I just assumed that they -- from several different resources, look at the total body of work that a particular team does relative to strength of schedule and those types of things.

"But we're not on a level playing field now, all right. I mean, if you play a championship game -- I mean, we played a top-4 team in the championship game, so we actually played an eight-team playoff this year for our team. Some teams didn't have to do that."

Saban said he's talked "to no avail" about how all Power 5 schools should only play Power 5 opponents, but that "nobody is supportive of what I believe."

"Then I think you would be able to evaluate who has the best teams a little bit better because we all wouldn't have three or four games a year that were sort of not significant in terms of how you would evaluate," he said. "It's hard to qualify is this league better than that league, how many good teams do they have in that league. Those things are difficult. But if we all played each other more, I think it would help that."

CFP's Hancock doesn't see field expanding

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama coach Nick Saban said he still isn't quite sure how the committee determines the top four teams.

"I don't honestly know all the things the Selection Committee does to make the decision," he said. "I just assumed that they -- from several different resources, look at the total body of work that a particular team does relative to strength of schedule and those types of things.

"But we're not on a level playing field now, all right. I mean, if you play a championship game -- I mean, we played a top-4 team in the championship game, so we actually played an eight-team playoff this year for our team. Some teams didn't have to do that."

Saban said he's talked "to no avail" about how all Power 5 schools should only play Power 5 opponents, but that "nobody is supportive of what I believe."

"Then I think you would be able to evaluate who has the best teams a little bit better because we all wouldn't have three or four games a year that were sort of not significant in terms of how you would evaluate," he said. "It's hard to qualify is this league better than that league, how many good teams do they have in that league. Those things are difficult. But if we all played each other more, I think it would help that."

CFP's Hancock doesn't see field expanding

Yet they schedule Arkansas State, Louisiana, and the Citadel as three of their four non conference games.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they schedule Arkansas State, Louisiana, and the Citadel as three of their four non conference games.
Agreed. Alabama should have to play the conference champion of each P5 conference the next year.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing short of all conferences playing the same number of out of conference games against similar competition will solve this. It might hapoen at some point.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing short of all conferences playing the same number of out of conference games against similar competition will solve this. It might hapoen at some point.
Everyone is talking about expanding the playoffs. I'd like to see 'em fix the OOC situation first.

And I'd never thought about the inequity in CCGs. Clem playing Pitt and tOSU playing Northwestern wasn't quite as difficult as Bama playing Georgia.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking about expanding the playoffs. I'd like to see 'em fix the OOC situation first.

And I'd never thought about the inequity in CCGs. Clem playing Pitt and tOSU playing Northwestern wasn't quite as difficult as Bama playing Georgia.

Or even Oklahoma playing Texas. Or more to the point, Norte Dame sitting on their ass eating popcorn.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it all factors in I guess. That part could be cyclical though. I thought the big 12 messed up adding the championship game but always playing the 2nd highest team in the conference does help.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it all factors in I guess. That part could be cyclical though. I thought the big 12 messed up adding the championship game but always playing the 2nd highest team in the conference does help.
I did too. Makes no sense when you've played a true round robin.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did too. Makes no sense when you've played a true round robin.

I hate it. Oklahoma and Texas are going to meet up in that game a lot. Beating your most hated rival is hard. Doing it twice in the same season is really hard. That game should be played once per season.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

Who lost to the 2nd best team in the Big 12.....soooooooooo

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Made up for last year when Bama didn't have to play anyone in the CCG.
Plus not too long ago the winner of the SECW got to play Missouri a couple of times in the CCG. Until the last two years the SECE has not been all that impressive for a number of years.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made up for last year when Bama didn't have to play anyone in the CCG.
Plus not too long ago the winner of the SECW got to play Missouri a couple of times in the CCG. Until the last two years the SECE has not been all that impressive for a number of years.

Which reinforces his first point.

CU#1Fan

BITE ME
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER HAPPEN buttttt……….

To many teams in FBS and FCS. Make it 3 divisions. Division 1 - 80 teams (leave 86 each for the other two) in 8 - 10 team conferences. Play a round robin in conference. Everyone has to schedule 2 other Division 1 teams for regular season. Every one has to schedule 1 Division 2 or 3 in state school to help their athletic departments with the pay day. Everyone is on the same page with scheduling.

Same rules for every conf for determining Champ. 8 conf champs go to 8 team playoff. Only subjective part will be ranking the 8 conf champs. Make some rules on how to determine that and stick with them. Round 1 at the higher seeded teams home stadium. Round 2 utilizes existing bowl games, then the Championship game. Same length season as now.

Only potential argument is who gets seeded where. No subjectivity in who gets in and who doesn't. Want to be in the playoff, win your conf. Want to be the NC, win the playoff.

Remaining teams can go to the bowl games.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no conference bitch, sit down!

No one has a conference we're all fans unless you play for Colorado football. The point is Saban saying everyone should only play Power Five non conference with that as his mom conference slate is laughable. Through Notre Dame's season they played as many power give opponents as Saban's Alabama. Also you're team went 5-7 sit down bitch.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER HAPPEN buttttt……….

To many teams in FBS and FCS. Make it 3 divisions. Division 1 - 80 teams (leave 86 each for the other two) in 8 - 10 team conferences. Play a round robin in conference. Everyone has to schedule 2 other Division 1 teams for regular season. Every one has to schedule 1 Division 2 or 3 in state school to help their athletic departments with the pay day. Everyone is on the same page with scheduling.

Same rules for every conf for determining Champ. 8 conf champs go to 8 team playoff. Only subjective part will be ranking the 8 conf champs. Make some rules on how to determine that and stick with them. Round 1 at the higher seeded teams home stadium. Round 2 utilizes existing bowl games, then the Championship game. Same length season as now.

Only potential argument is who gets seeded where. No subjectivity in who gets in and who doesn't. Want to be in the playoff, win your conf. Want to be the NC, win the playoff.

Remaining teams can go to the bowl games.

:hmm:hmm...