• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't even get a Belk card, and I just wanted it to build credit. Didn't give a shit about Belk :mad:

My Belk card has ended up helping my credit quite a bit over the last couple of years. My wife and I buy a fair amount of clothes from there anyway so it's a win win.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which to me makes Texas sound a little spoiled and completely wrong in this situation when taken into context of what this thread is talking about. If a coach is getting a team to 9 wins or more in todays world, thats a pretty good season, if he has the ability this late in the season to still have a chance at a BCS game and conference title, then that is even better.

You don't understand the large egos of Longhorn boosters. They display erratic behavior. Sometimes they want to eliminate another boosters' favorite, just to taint the booster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Belk card has ended up helping my credit quite a bit over the last couple of years. My wife and I buy a fair amount of clothes from there anyway so it's a win win.

Shit, if I could of got the card I would go there mkre often. Just buy clothes for work, ties and shit, but I have no credit so not happening anytime soon.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, if I could of got the card I would go there mkre often. Just buy clothes for work, ties and shit, but I have no credit so not happening anytime soon.

I've managed to take my credit from the low 500's to the high 700's in the last 5 years or so. Still not quite where I'd like it but I'm working on it. Alot of it was a car loan I was never late on and my Belk card which we use and pay off consistently. The bank mentioned both specifically when I did the financing on my truck. It can be tough as hell to get your credit started seeing has how nobody wants to lend you money when you have no credit. I had to just bite the bullet and get a small high interest loan just to get mine started. Then went with the Belk card and so on.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, when I was in my early twenties, i got turned down for a Sears card. They said it was due to insufficient credit history at that point(meaning i was too young to them). To this day I will drive 50 miles out of my way to shop somewhere else. I havent bought a thing at Sears in years.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I was in my early twenties, i got turned down for a Sears card. They said it was due to insufficient credit history at that point(meaning i was too young to them). To this day I will drive 50 miles out of my way to shop somewhere else. I havent bought a thing at Sears in years.

Sometimes it seems it's better to have bad credit than no credit at all. Atleast then they have something to go by. They'll throw a high interest rate on ya but you can atleast get something going to start helping the situation.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a little off the subject but get a secured credit card or two or three and maintain a 3% balance. Secured Credit Cards are the way to go. It's your own money and most of them don't charge interest and only charge a small annual fee. Better than unsecured credit cards where you'll spend your whole life trying to pay the balance off.

Found that out a few years ago when the wife and I went to buy a house. I thought that I was being financially responsible by not having credit cards and not taking out too many loans. I used cash for everything. Credit doesn't measure how much money you have but how you borrow money form others. Sounds crazy but after a couple of credit cards my credit shot up 100 points in just one month. I might have a ton of debt but I have great credit.:doh:

Back to the original topic....
fuck texas

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not saying saying I am buying into the rumor, but really....that statement is worth about as much as a bowl full o' diarrhea

Don't be RUNNING your mouth talking SHIT about my sources!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be RUNNING your mouth talking SHIT about my sources!

alls im sayin is a Saban saying they're not going somewhere...that's about as credible as chris brown saying he doesn't believe in violence

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alls im sayin is a Saban saying they're not going somewhere...that's about as credible as chris brown saying he doesn't believe in violence

yup. terri backtracking sounded a lot more like nick told her "go make it right" more than genuine "we love tuscaloosa and want to finish here"

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. terri backtracking sounded a lot more like nick told her "go make it right" more than genuine "we love tuscaloosa and want to finish here"

We're all just sitting and waiting buddy! :lm:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why if it were to happen, it would be like when the Browns left for Baltimore. A middle of the night move, if you didn't remember.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why if it were to happen, it would be like when the Browns left for Baltimore. A middle of the night move, if you didn't remember.

Or it would be like Saban, "I will not be the Alabama coach...Got to go, have to catch my flight to Tuscaloosa."

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Mack is to announce his retirement/firing after the Baylor game.

It would be kinda odd if he beats Baylor, wins a share of the Big12 Title, is named Big 12 COTY and does not come back for 2014.

No, it would not be odd. His team shouldn't have been thoroughly raped and embarrassed by two average teams like Ole Piss (a team we dropped 66 on the previous year with ease, mind you) and BYU.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas President Bill Powers said this is all rumors and Nick Saban has not been hired and he has never even met Saban or spoken to him. He did not give Mack much of a vote of confidence though like he has done in the past when asked about his future.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas President Bill Powers said this is all rumors and Nick Saban has not been hired and he has never even met Saban or spoken to him. He did not give Mack much of a vote of confidence though like he has done in the past when asked about his future.

His sources suck!

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda surprising Powers made a statement to the media on the subject today. Bama leaders must have called him and asked him to set the record straight before a Bama fan goes all Toomers trees crazy up in Austin.