• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban to Texas --- $10 million/year

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources (former Alabama player and family friend of the Sabans, as well as another man close to the program) tell me it's a done deal. Expect to hear something official in the next few weeks.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Mack is to announce his retirement/firing after the Baylor game.

It would be kinda odd if he beats Baylor, wins a share of the Big12 Title, is named Big 12 COTY and does not come back for 2014.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bon Jour

images

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority from a sisters friends uncle whose barber said he heard it from his mailman that it will be Gus Malzahn to Texas for 9.5 million per year.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority from a sisters friends uncle whose barber said he heard it from his mailman that it will be Gus Malzahn to Texas for 9.5 million per year.

whereas you are being sarcastic, i'm feeding you the truth.

i'm better connected than you think.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Mack is to announce his retirement/firing after the Baylor game.

It would be kinda odd if he beats Baylor, wins a share of the Big12 Title, is named Big 12 COTY and does not come back for 2014.

auburn let chizik go less than 2 years after hoisting a crystal ball. crazier things have happened. bama dumped shula less than a year removed from a 10 win season.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw the report where Malzahn said 'Texas would be his dream job'.

All a bunch of conjecture, all of it. Now, if the Horns get smoked, or even just beaten by a point, on Saturday, who knows?

I mentioned awhile back that I thought all this Saban to Texas talk (revelation of the UT booster asking him last Jan, the espn reports, the local reports of a real estate agent showing Mrs Saban some properties, etc.) just left me with a tiny, little-bitty feeling of Saban laying groundwork to leave.

Just read on a Texas board that Saban is requesting every team member to attend a short meeting this week.

Who the hell knows what in the hell is going to happen.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and WE overpaid for a coach?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whereas you are being sarcastic, i'm feeding you the truth.

i'm better connected than you think.

And you are the only one who is connected?

Plenty of alums on here, of which i am one and fairly well connected and I have heard nothing. Not saying its not true, but I also know i was told that they would match up to 10 mil per year for him to stay.

If he wants to leave, nothing will stop him and all we can say is congrats on the big raise, thanks for the memories and the titles, too bad you couldnt go out a winner....NEXT

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plenty of alums on here, of which i am one and fairly well connected and I have heard nothing. Not saying its not true, but I also know i was told that they would match up to 10 mil per year for him to stay.

If he wants to leave, nothing will stop him and all we can say is congrats on the big raise, thanks for the memories and the titles, too bad you couldnt go out a winner....NEXT
:laugh3:

I have no idea what's going to happen.

I have never seen a season with as much coaching turmoil as this one. It's been interesting watching coaches get large new contracts and all because of Kiffen's firing and the uncertainly of the Texas HC job.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't blame him for that kind of money!

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i know how this thread comes off. i actually like saban. dude's a winner and a football nerd. i've got nothing but respect for him as well. but i won't mind seeing him head down I-20/59.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this I don't think Saban goes anywhere.

I think the Malzahn to Texas stuff is either Urban Meyer planting stories (his favorite little game) to spook Auburn or Jimmy Sexton is trying to get him a big raise (which will probably work regardless).

However if Texas gets serious I know Auburn can't outbid the Longhorns and if he wants to go so be it not the end of the world.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know how this thread comes off. i actually like saban. dude's a winner and a football nerd. i've got nothing but respect for him as well. but i won't mind seeing him head down I-20/59.

Thats fear talking, and yes i know you guys just beat us.

Face it, with all we have read, no one knows for sure, but I am pretty well connected and i usually know before hand if something is happening and i have no sources telling me anything of the sort. With that said, i did hear that big money could be and would be offered to keep him, that they would be willing to match an offer depending on what it was.