• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban says Power 5 teams should only play other Power 5 teams

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit, now you done went and hurt my feelings. :pout:

Now watch as I magically change Nick Saban's name into Nick SATAN!

Har! See what I did there? It's funny cause he wears a shade of red and he's the embodiment of evil en sech.

Like shooting eels with a tazer, or however that saying goes...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch as I magically change Nick Saban's name into Nick SATAN!

Har! See what I did there? It's funny cause he wears a shade of red and he's the embodiment of evil en sech.

Like shooting eels with a tazer, or however that saying goes...

:lol:

I like your creativity, good sir.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I like, is the Alabama posters don't attack the post but the poster.

WizardHawk posted a good rebuttal post, but when you get butt hurt you attack the poster.

So you'd rather I made you look petty and small like WH did instead of giving you room to make a bigger ass out of yourself like you currently are doing. Ok noted next time I will point out how you missed the point completely like WH did.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has AJ McCarron been mentioned in here yet? No?

04a42759-4930-40db-93e7-44ab99eaa710.gif

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALabama requests to get out of playing Michigan State in 2016 and 2017, but add the University of Louisiana Monroe to its 2015 schedule.

Also, there is a game with Colorado State scheduled to be played in 2015 or 2017.

Last I looked neither CSU or ULM is in a power conference, but Michigan State is.

Last time we played ULM they beat us:doh: so we gots to get our revenge on.

CSU is coached by Jim McElwain currently and he is the old Bama OC, not hard to see why they got a game from us.

Frankly I would like to see the MSU games be played, they are the class of the B1G currently and in my opinion not one school is even close to them defensively.

What you fail to see if that Saban's comments are not indicative of what Bama will do until its necessary, its what he would like to see all power 5 schools do.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has AJ McCarron been mentioned in here yet? No?

04a42759-4930-40db-93e7-44ab99eaa710.gif

He's working his way to that, probably on some anti-bama website right now getting more ammunition.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess another thread is going to be hi-jacked with Alabama hat
e.

Welcome to the hoop.

But we're the butthurt ones:laugh3:

Funny how you say one thing to any husker and they go all mental girlfriend on you.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the difference between FCS teams and Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, NC State, or Kentucky??
I mean really.

Millions a year in revenue. Much better facilities. Higher quality athletes. Just for starters.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you beat those teams by 50pts instead of an FCS team by 60pts.
So much for all that.

You are still playing schools and kids who signed up to play that level of talent. Period. Those schools might be down, but they aren't whoring themselves out for a quick buck out of desperation for their tiny schools.

Power schools should play their own kind. It's sad and pathetic to beat up on schools that are at serious disadvantages. It's as bad as beating up on high school teams.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still playing schools and kids who signed up to play that level of talent. Period. Those schools might be down, but they aren't whoring themselves out for a quick buck out of desperation for their tiny schools.

Power schools should play their own kind. It's sad and pathetic to beat up on schools that are at serious disadvantages. It's as bad as beating up on high school teams.

Why do you think that players at FCS schools don't want the chance to play an Alabama or Oklahoma or a Washington.

I would think they would, but maybe not.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that players at FCS schools don't want the chance to play an Alabama or Oklahoma or a Washington.

I would think they would, but maybe not.

I know a few years back when Alabama played Georgia Southern, the coach stated he felt it was a measuring stick for their team. When the game was over they measured up pretty well in my opinion. That team had an offense that could execute that offensive plan very well and they gave Alabama's defense all they could handle for three quarters. Very solid program in my opinion.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still attacking the poster. Further deflection by making fun of Nebraska in a thread about how Alabama is so uber.

Thread Title started by Alabama Bandwagon Cheerleader to show how TOUGH Alabama is. Yet, the evidence pretty much points to the fact that Alabama isn't really that tough.

What we know so far.

Saban says everyone should play tough schedules. Yet, Saban doesn't even play the 11th toughest schedule in the SEC.

Only one year in the last four has Alabama had a SOS in the top twenty. That is even with the mighty SEC bias thrown in.

Saban says only play FBS teams. Yet, Western Carolina Catamounts(FCS) are on the schedule for 2014.

Saban says only play Power 5 Conference Opponents. Yet, Saban has dropped Power 5 teams(Michigan State, Penn State) and ADDED ULM after they dropped the Michigan State home and home. Remember, the Penn State series was actually supposed to have been played in 2004-2005 but Alabama asked to have it postponed since Alabama was under sanctions. So it was moved to 2013 and 2014.

As soon as I posted evidence to the contrary, Alabama fans jimmies were immediately rustled.

All this is is a smoke screen from Saban. He says one thing, but it ain't what he is doing. Leaders lead, in Saban's case, it is more like Chicken Little. Someone else needs to lead, he will talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Bama fans are proving to be gullible.

Not one Alabama fan has proven the opposite that Alabama is doing ANYTHING to lead the play tougher schedules parade. USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame are the last three teams to not have played an FCS team. Do you see their head coaches talking how tough they are? No, they lead by example.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot more fun to t-bag a poster than it is a post. :noidea:

Now this one is funny. An Alabama fan using a reference to what an Alabama fan did to be put in jail as a slam. I like it.

Still no evidence to prove the OP's point, but a funny support the OP post.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had a home and away series against Penn State a few years ago.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick gets what Nick wants.
No HUNH offense? wait... 9 game conference schedule? ummm

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just had a home and away series against Penn State a few years ago.

You are right, 2010 and 2011. That is what I get for reading old links that said 2013 and 2014. I will need to memorize those Alabama schedules from the past ten years so I can reference them.

Nick Saban did just tell a reporter that Penn State backed out of a 2016 game.

"All of this may have flown under the radar had it not been for Alabama head coach Nick Saban saying earlier this week that Penn State had backed out of the game."

State College, PA - Penn State Football: Nittany Lions And Alabama Talked Opening 2016 Season At Neutral Site

While it may never be known publicly why the game fell through it stands to reason that either the location had yet to be settled on or a Penn State program coming out of sanctions in 2016 decided against taking on what will likely still be one of the best teams in the nation.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still attacking the poster. Further deflection by making fun of Nebraska in a thread about how Alabama is so uber.

Thread Title started by Alabama Bandwagon Cheerleader to show how TOUGH Alabama is. Yet, the evidence pretty much points to the fact that Alabama isn't really that tough.

What we know so far.

Saban says everyone should play tough schedules. Yet, Saban doesn't even play the 11th toughest schedule in the SEC.

Only one year in the last four has Alabama had a SOS in the top twenty. That is even with the mighty SEC bias thrown in.

Saban says only play FBS teams. Yet, Western Carolina Catamounts(FCS) are on the schedule for 2014.

Saban says only play Power 5 Conference Opponents. Yet, Saban has dropped Power 5 teams(Michigan State, Penn State) and ADDED ULM after they dropped the Michigan State home and home. Remember, the Penn State series was actually supposed to have been played in 2004-2005 but Alabama asked to have it postponed since Alabama was under sanctions. So it was moved to 2013 and 2014.

As soon as I posted evidence to the contrary, Alabama fans jimmies were immediately rustled.

All this is is a smoke screen from Saban. He says one thing, but it ain't what he is doing. Leaders lead, in Saban's case, it is more like Chicken Little. Someone else needs to lead, he will talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Bama fans are proving to be gullible.

Not one Alabama fan has proven the opposite that Alabama is doing ANYTHING to lead the play tougher schedules parade. USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame are the last three teams to not have played an FCS team. Do you see their head coaches talking how tough they are? No, they lead by example.

Not seeing how you cant UNDERSTAND the article and truthfully its hard not to attack you when thats all you seem to be doing from the first post yourself...attacking what you didnt understand.

Heres a sample of what was in the article and notice the tense and tone in the words used.

If it was totally up to me, I'd say you've got to play all 12 games in the Big 5'' conferences, Saban said Wednesday at the Regions Tradition Pro-Am. ''If we did that, I think we would be less averse to playing more conference games because I think we have such a great conference. But I don't think anybody's going to be in favor of that until we change how you select bowl teams. I think you ought to do it based on the RPI and strength of schedule and all that for all bowls.''[/QUOTE

The fact he is not doing it already lends itself to his argument, its what ALL power 5 conferences should do, but one team is not going to do it if they all are not along for the ride, that would be pure suicide on most years and only occasionally would they emerge unscathed even once. His idea is to have them all play and not place as much emphasis on in-conference numbers so much and place more emphasis on overall SoS among the power 5 teams. This can only be done if all teams are on board and i certainly dont see any other teams doing it...including the mighty:whistle: cornshuckers. When all the others are on board, Saban will be all for it...he is already on record as saying so. What has your wimpy coach gone on record for lately? Oh thats right "If they want to fire me, go ahead," Pelini told reporters.:L

Unhappy marriage in huskerville? Sounds like someones got one foot out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance: