• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban says Power 5 teams should only play other Power 5 teams

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for it if it's across the board. Otherwise, if teams have a choice in the matter and there's no "penalty" in terms of scheduling weak OOC, then no one should be criticized for choosing to keep playing in-state or regional FCS teams.

As to the notion that this is part of the scheme to create a new "super league": I'm all for that, as well. Eventually, the breakaway conferences will be welcomed back, like the Premier League was by the Football Association 20 years ago.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the difference between FCS teams and Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, NC State, or Kentucky??
I mean really.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if The NCAA scheduled all power 5 OOC games? That way the bottom of the league teams could play each other and the top of the league teams would played each other. And make it even for everyone.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Kansas and Colorado are so much more challenging than Boise State LOL

what they should do is only play a regional FCS school AS AN OPENER ONLY, FCS schools are at least reasonable as a tune up game, playing them in November is just absurd.

FBS should just be whoever wants to play who, but non-conference SOS needs to have a big impact, and be based on the team you play not the conference. A non-conference schedule of Colorado, Kansas, Purdue and Wake Forest should not be worth more than one against Boise State, Fresno State, BYU and recently Northern Illinois.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Kansas and Colorado are so much more challenging than Boise State LOL

what they should do is only play a regional FCS school AS AN OPENER ONLY, FCS schools are at least reasonable as a tune up game, playing them in November is just absurd.

FBS should just be whoever wants to play who, but non-conference SOS needs to have a big impact, and be based on the team you play not the conference. A non-conference schedule of Colorado, Kansas, Purdue and Wake Forest should not be worth more than one against Boise State, Fresno State, BYU and recently Northern Illinois.

SIR! HELLO!!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This :10:

Really, did you expect a Husker fan to comprehend all that though. He didnt get what Saban was saying so its a sure bet he wont get what you're saying either.:noidea:

Didn't Nick Saban also want to slow down college football because he fears for player's safety? Please reference LaMichael Fanning and his personal foul tackle in 2012 against Missouri. I did not see Saban go all ape shit on Fanning, he left Fanning in the game. Fanning left Alabama at the end of 2013.

Or was it because Saban's defenses couldn't stop the fast pace offenses?

Luckily, Alabama is doing Psychological Endurance and building team chemistry this year for that tough schedule Alabama has.

Lane Kiffin at Alabama. I wonder what you Alabama fans wrote about Kiffin?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Nick Saban also want to slow down college football because he fears for player's safety? Please reference LaMichael Fanning and his personal foul tackle in 2012 against Missouri. I did not see Saban go all ape shit on Fanning, he left Fanning in the game. Fanning left Alabama at the end of 2013.

Luckily, Alabama is doing Psychological Endurance and building team chemistry this year for that tough schedule Alabama has.

So tell me this, what does one have to do with the other? clearly you got all butthurt over my comments and wanted to find something to throw out and this was the best you could do.

To answer you, the following week Fanning got suspended from the next game, had to personally apologize to his teammates as well as the player he body slammed and the coaching staff of Mizzou. Now, I dont know many coaches that would make a player go that far especially when he was flagged for it also. His time with the team never yielded a player who could conform to the rules of the University and team, or things he was asked to do to make himself a better player. I am sure this all played into why his scholarship was not renewed. Sometimes you have to cut dead weight.

As for Bama's schedule, i dont think you will see too many defending it as tough, but you keep digging Mr. Butthurt.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

Fanning was suspended for part of the next game, had to write/send a letter to Missouri apologizing and who knows what else during practice. I could have swore he was pulled from that game as well. But if you are trying to saying Saban left him in because we needed him, that is also more bullshit because he was only playing in that game due to it being garbage time to begin with, as the starters had been pulled.

He left the team because he was suspended indefinitely during the 2013 season. Basically, he was all but kicked off the team.

Do you plan on knowing what the fuck you are talking about at some point in this thread?

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Bandwagon. I am just beginning to dig into Alabama.

Ah!! Bama fans are butthurt. No, Fanning was left in the game because Alabama was dominating Missouri and it was the time to play freshman.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy from Saban. He says slow down the game because of player safety, but his player is left in the game. Saban would have done nothing if the media did not take up the banner.

Quite a list of Alabama players arrested. Quite a list of Alabama players having charges reduced. For some reason, players are transferring from Alabama. Alabama oversigning. The Pat White thing is bunk though.

Saban gets to be controversial because he is the big dog.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hey guys...guys...Isn't Nick Saban short!?!?"

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I like, is the Alabama posters don't attack the post but the poster.

WizardHawk posted a good rebuttal post, but when you get butt hurt you attack the poster.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALabama requests to get out of playing Michigan State in 2016 and 2017, but add the University of Louisiana Monroe to its 2015 schedule.

Also, there is a game with Colorado State scheduled to be played in 2015 or 2017.

Last I looked neither CSU or ULM is in a power conference, but Michigan State is.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I like, is the Alabama posters don't attack the post but the poster.

WizardHawk posted a good rebuttal post, but when you get butt hurt you attack the poster.

It's a lot more fun to t-bag a poster than it is a post. :noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALabama requests to get out of playing Michigan State in 2016 and 2017, but add the University of Louisiana Monroe to its 2015 schedule.

Also, there is a game with Colorado State scheduled to be played in 2015 or 2017.

Last I looked neither CSU or ULM is in a power conference, but Michigan State is.

It's flattering how much time the haters spend obsessing over what Bama's got going on. I can't say that there's another team out there that I care enough about to get so pissy over lol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Bandwagon. I am just beginning to dig into Alabama.

Ah!! Bama fans are butthurt. No, Fanning was left in the game because Alabama was dominating Missouri and it was the time to play freshman.

I am just pointing out the hypocrisy from Saban. He says slow down the game because of player safety, but his player is left in the game. Saban would have done nothing if the media did not take up the banner.

Quite a list of Alabama players arrested. Quite a list of Alabama players having charges reduced. For some reason, players are transferring from Alabama. Alabama oversigning. The Pat White thing is bunk though.

Saban gets to be controversial because he is the big dog.

Dig on cornshucker, you do realize that none of what you say makes one bit of difference and only serves to show how desperate you are to find one thing.

Dont worry, maybe one day in the near future Nebraska will get another Big Dog coach and you can be relevant during football season again.:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess another thread is going to be hi-jacked with Alabama hate.

Welcome to the hoop.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's flattering how much time the haters spend obsessing over what Bama's got going on. I can't say that there's another team out there that I care enough about to get so pissy over lol.

Me either, if you asked me who one player was on Nebraska's team i couldnt pick them out of a lineup or recognize their name. This doesnt apply to many schools we play and many in conferences that are in the running for a title(which the B1G rarely is). Gotta love their enthusiasm and hate for us that they take time to learn about us.