• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S. Carolina making the SEC proud...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more shocked to see a defensive end weighing less than 200lbs. We have WR's committed that weigh more than that.

Is this common, and I just don't pay enough attention?

Extremely uncommon and I wouldn't garner any DE to likely be successful weighing less than 200lbs out of highschool. VT typically is not big on defense (usually by scheme) and they sign CBs that are almost 200lbs.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
project* not garner....i need some zzz's. :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is saying that his words were twisted....but I'm not really seeing a big difference.

Y! SPORTS

His actual words...

I just don't see how "they make it easy" and "in order to do bad a South Carolina"..really change what he said that much.

The old quote made it sound like the courses were easy etc.

But what he meant was they will help him with tutors and stuff, and that as long as you put the time in, you won't do bad.

I guess anyway. With the way people in the media are always trying to create shit for views, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old quote made it sound like the courses were easy etc.

But what he meant was they will help him with tutors and stuff, and that as long as you put the time in, you won't do bad.

I guess anyway. With the way people in the media are always trying to create shit for views, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Imagine that. :lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that. :lol:

Exactly. If this player is a Duck or a Hoakie 4d20 is not in his corner. Most likely crucifying him....

It is astonishing the level of SEC cheerleader this dewd is.

I am absolutely positive he is Cassie... AKA allknowing from SeeBS... Its him...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If this player is a Duck or a Hoakie 4d20 is not in his corner. Most likely crucifying him....

It is astonishing the level of SEC cheerleader this dewd is.

I am absolutely positive he is Cassie... AKA allknowing from SeeBS... Its him...

You are the one who see's in terms of teams, not me. I don't give a crap what team this guy plays for.

And here you go with the accusations again. Typical.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest... this is a black eye for S. Carolina. Not because other schools aren't the same, they likely are...

But what happened here was somebody during recruiting sold this kid on how easy the classes were for football players and probably made the comment "you have to try to fail..." and this kid was stupid enough to repeat it to the media. The fact is that probably was a great selling point during his recruiting visit... and for good reason obviously because he has already proven he is not too bright.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ people acting like this isn't true for their favorite team.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ people acting like this isn't true for their favorite team.

It is true for all teams in a relative sense... even schools like Harvard and MIT make exceptions for athletes relative to their own admission standards (e.g. most players from Harvard will still be much more intelligent than regular athletes but won't always be the same caliber as regular students).

The issue in this news story is you just hope a recruit isn't even dumb enough to admit something like this to the media...