• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams and Darren Evans

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Darren is gone. He has a wife and child to think about and knows that he likely won't get an increase in touches next year. So there is no reason to risk yet another torn ACL.

Williams may come back due to his draft stock sliding because of injury this year. However, he may leave if he is rated a high 2nd round pick. If he is told that he may fall to a 3rd round, he'll come back for another season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take:
We keep both 10%
We keep RW and not DE 20%
We keep DE and not RW 50%
We lose both 20%

Although DE may have had a better year, RW is a better prospect. He would likely be a first day pick. He has better speed and most importantly lateral movement skills and vision. Scouts will look at the film on him and drool. And he is big enough. He is an every down back (like LT and Portis in their younger years). If he stays healthy and gets with the right team he could be a stud NFL player.
DE is more of a power running back with exceptionally speed and great size/power (like Toby Gearhart). He will be a second day pick. I don't think he would be a primary first teamer that could play all four downs. Hope we keep them both but I see RW leaving.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Darren is gone. He has a wife and child to think about and knows that he likely won't get an increase in touches next year. So there is no reason to risk yet another torn ACL.

Williams may come back due to his draft stock sliding because of injury this year. However, he may leave if he is rated a high 2nd round pick. If he is told that he may fall to a 3rd round, he'll come back for another season.

I actually think that Evans' draft stock could go up if and only if Ru decides to leave. he would become the power back in a one two punch and I have a feeling that if Williams jumps (and the more I read Evans' comments) he may actually stay. If Williams comes back, there is no real reason for Evans to come back....

...except of course to make me suer duper happy :D

(Check hunzworth's link to DE's twitter on the other thread)

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans has officially announced he's entering the draft. Still awaiting Williams' decision.