• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson or Cam Newton

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is RW in the 7th.

RW is a 3rd or 4th round pick in most formats. 1 of the first 3 QBs off the board. He was #1 last year and he is the entire Seattle offense.

Cam is a 7th round pick. While it is true that Cam is good value, he is also firmly in the QB2 group where there are like 8-10 QBs that are all about the same, IMO.

Garropolo, Cousins, Goff, Brees, Stafford, Maholmes, Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Luck

Cam may be among the highest ranked among these names, but they are all the same within about a point a week projected. RW is easily better and taking him in round 7 will help your team more than taking Cam in round 12.

RW in round 7 is awesome value too.
round 7 is too high for me for a qb

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
round 7 is too high for me for a qb

It isn't just any QB though.

I would not want to take just anybody there, but saying you would not draft a QB in that spot no matter what is a mistake. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was #1 in most "standard" scoring systems, but again, that was without Rodgers and Luck..and had Wentz not missed 3+ games, he'd likely have finished #1. And I think some of the young guns like Goff, Watson, maybe even JimmyG and Mahomes stake a claim as well, they are in systems that produce big numbers, and have at least as good of surrounding talent, better in most cases. And there's Wentz..maybe
I have no doubts he'll be right there, just feel there's ample dudes who could, some of which seem better equipped. Which leads to why I said, unless I'm being forced to, I wouldn't be keeping a QB
Well, nobody is sure that Wentz will start the season. Goff looked good last year, but can he keep it up? The other 3 guys you mentioned have a total of what, 10 starts between them? I think Rodgers and Wilson would be the only QBs that I would take "early" and in most of my leagues I know they will go way before I would consider them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, nobody is sure that Wentz will start the season. Goff looked good last year, but can he keep it up? The other 3 guys you mentioned have a total of what, 10 starts between them? I think Rodgers and Wilson would be the only QBs that I would take "early" and in most of my leagues I know they will go way before I would consider them.

I agree Fem.

I am probably not drafting RW, but I am defintely keeping him in the 7th.

I would be willing to bet that there are at least 1 or 2 QBs widely available in round 12 who score equal to or better than Can.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slingin' Sammy Lockett, baby!!!

Breakout time! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Y'all realize Sammy is Tyler's nickname, right?

TLdaChY.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers and Wilson would be the only QBs that I would take "early" and in most of my leagues I know they will go way before I would consider them.
Rodgers is elite. No arguments here.
Wilson has my respect too.
But Rogers has broken EACH collarbone and missed significant time.
I know Rodgers will be drafted before round 7. His injuries make me a little least.
And Wilson.... lefty and others have already commented that he already runs for his life and the Hawks o-line isn't making me feel warm and fuzzy either.
I'd rather just take my chances with a QB late.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Rodgers will be drafted before round 7. His injuries make me a little least.
And Wilson.... lefty and others have already commented that he already runs for his life and the Hawks o-line isn't making me feel warm and fuzzy either.
lets not also forget..if Penny is what they hope he is, he won't be throwing like he was last year either

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not also forget..if Penny is what they hope he is, he won't be throwing like he was last year either

Unless they beef up that Oline, he'll be throwing. Dunno how Penny will turn out, but it's a tough spot for a seasoned RB, much less a rookie.

Will he be

lucky-penny.jpg

Or...

291996-p.jpg
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too.

But here, you are getting Russel Wilson late. 7th round is great value.

It comes to whether or not you want a difference maker at the position. Cam Newton is not a difference maker.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Wilson...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 rounds?

I'm thinking in keeper/dynasty terms, sometimes I forget to make that clear. As for a one year league, I'm with the lot that waits for a QB.

Even so, I'll take RW over Cam any day.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking in keeper/dynasty terms, sometimes I forget to make that clear. As for a one year league, I'm with the lot that waits for a QB.

Even so, I'll take RW over Cam any day.
i was thinkin reddraft or keepers of 3 or less