• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson or Cam Newton

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be overthinking this as I would normally say keep Russell and move on however I lose my 7th round pick if I keep Russell. I only lose a 12th round pick if I keep Cam. Does that add enough value to keep Cam over Russell?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be overthinking this as I would normally say keep Russell and move on however I lose my 7th round pick if I keep Russell. I only lose a 12th round pick if I keep Cam. Does that add enough value to keep Cam over Russell?

I have always been a Russell Wilson hater. Unfortunately he has proven me wrong every year. At this point I am ready to call him SAFE. And he is much safer than cam.

So I would take Wilson before cam. But in your situation I would easily go cam. I don’t think they are a 5 round difference qb and worst case scenario you can draft a qb and have a pretty good tandem between whoever and cam.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell in a heartbeat, bro.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson much more accurate. And the Seattle defence lost a few good players and could be trailing in more games forcing Wilson to throw more. Cams not bad but his accuracy is no where near Wilson's.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam in the 12th would be my choice. Like Milk said, Wilson is safer, but a five round difference is something to take advantage of.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell Wilson will be the #1 QB in fantasy this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, cam in 12th has more value.

If you really want Wilson, go for it. No fault in that, and 7th is good value for him

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell Wilson will be the #1 QB in fantasy this year.
Any particular reason why he's able to beat out Rodgers, Brady, a healthy Luck (allegedly), and the other usual suspects? I ain't sayin' he can't, I just don't see it being a strong probability. Even given the degradation of the Hawks D, he's still lacking weapons outside of Baldwin

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any particular reason why he's able to beat out Rodgers, Brady, a healthy Luck (allegedly), and the other usual suspects? I ain't sayin' he can't, I just don't see it being a strong probability. Even given the degradation of the Hawks D, he's still lacking weapons outside of Baldwin

Slingin' Sammy Lockett, baby!!!

Breakout time! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I still prefer RW over Can, even given the difference in rounds, but unless I'm being forced to, I wouldn't keep a QB anyways

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was #2 last year in my main league behind Alex Smith. He's still improving as a QB and then you add in the potential for garbage points (which I think due to his rushing ability, he would take full advantage of). Brady is 41 and could hit the wall at any time. Brees is right behind him. Luck hasn't thrown an NFL football in something like 5 years. Smith is on a new team. Rodgers probably has the best shot of those you mentioned, but he is also getting older and is coming 9ff an injury.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RW is in the top tier for fantasy QBs. He is a difference maker at the postion.

Cam has flashed elite ability, but he is terribly inconsistent. It is possible you end playing matchups if you draft Cam.

RW in the 7th is a definite value, and he is safer with a higher ceiling. Yes, you miss out on the opportunity to draft an RB4 or WR4 in the 7th by keeping Russ, but the odds are Russ will provide a lot more value to your team than whatever player you would have taken there.

Also, drafting Russ means you won't need to burn a roster spot on a second QB. With Cam, I think you will probably want to.

Keep RW.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RW is in the top tier for fantasy QBs. He is a difference maker at the postion.

Cam has flashed elite ability, but he is terribly inconsistent. It is possible you end playing matchups if you draft Cam.

RW in the 7th is a definite value, and he is safer with a higher ceiling. Yes, you miss out on the opportunity to draft an RB4 or WR4 in the 7th by keeping Russ, but the odds are Russ will provide a lot more value to your team than whatever player you would have taken there.

Also, drafting Russ means you won't need to burn a roster spot on a second QB. With Cam, I think you will probably want to.

Keep RW.

I'm skeptical. RW has been known to disappear for the first half of the season. At least twice in the last three years. (do not have stats to back that up, but my gut and memory are telling me so)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I still prefer RW over Can, even given the difference in rounds, but unless I'm being forced to, I wouldn't keep a QB anyways

Yes. No chance I'm keeping a QB unless it is mandatory or my other players are terrible.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm skeptical. RW has been known to disappear for the first half of the season. At least twice in the last three years. (do not have stats to back that up, but my gut and memory are telling me so)

On the other hand, Cam has been known not to show up, period. And I'm the same way, no stats back up, just guts and memory.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id keep cam in the 12th, thats good value

So is RW in the 7th.

RW is a 3rd or 4th round pick in most formats. 1 of the first 3 QBs off the board. He was #1 last year and he is the entire Seattle offense.

Cam is a 7th round pick. While it is true that Cam is good value, he is also firmly in the QB2 group where there are like 8-10 QBs that are all about the same, IMO.

Garropolo, Cousins, Goff, Brees, Stafford, Maholmes, Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Luck

Cam may be among the highest ranked among these names, but they are all the same within about a point a week projected. RW is easily better and taking him in round 7 will help your team more than taking Cam in round 12.

RW in round 7 is awesome value too.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was #2 last year in my main league behind Alex Smith. He's still improving as a QB and then you add in the potential for garbage points (which I think due to his rushing ability, he would take full advantage of). Brady is 41 and could hit the wall at any time. Brees is right behind him. Luck hasn't thrown an NFL football in something like 5 years. Smith is on a new team. Rodgers probably has the best shot of those you mentioned, but he is also getting older and is coming 9ff an injury.
Well he was #1 in most "standard" scoring systems, but again, that was without Rodgers and Luck..and had Wentz not missed 3+ games, he'd likely have finished #1. And I think some of the young guns like Goff, Watson, maybe even JimmyG and Mahomes stake a claim as well, they are in systems that produce big numbers, and have at least as good of surrounding talent, better in most cases. And there's Wentz..maybe
I have no doubts he'll be right there, just feel there's ample dudes who could, some of which seem better equipped. Which leads to why I said, unless I'm being forced to, I wouldn't be keeping a QB