• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell: "Lakers Most Definitely a Playoff Team"

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those disagreeing with Kareem are saying such things lakersrule using other evidence that they claim is medically based. Nash's loyalty appears to be not with the Lakers as he often claimed but to the first suitor willing to pay him money.

Metta has officially signed a non-guaranteed 1-year deal. Apparently he is serious about playing but we shall see if there is any thing of value for the Lakers. The pundits are reporting that Metta wants to be a mentor to the youngsters. Not sure that is worth a roster spot.

That's usually how professionals work. He owed LA nothing. Hell, he gave them more than he had to. He was already helping out the younger guards for free. Stop blaming Nash for the Lakers not locking him down

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the first game and what I have seen Scott do as a coach, yes this team can make the playoffs if they win the games that they have that potential. Like the one they fucked away on Wed night:mad2:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as bad as Harden saying he should have won MVP or Cousins saying that the MVP is 'his to take'. :noidea:
Honestly based on the one game I saw which is a long way to go, I think Curry or Westbrook are better contenders

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the first game and what I have seen Scott do as a coach, yes this team can make the playoffs if they win the games that they have that potential. Like the one they fucked away on Wed night:mad2:

They were playing a team that one 16 games last season. The only team in the West that was actually worse than the Lakers.

The West is too deep. If this team makes the playoffs, it'll be an absolute shock. There are teams in the West that will be in the neighborhood of 50 wins that will miss the playoffs. If the Lakers win 35 games, it will be a better than expected season.

I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not betting any money that I am.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were playing a team that one 16 games last season. The only team in the West that was actually worse than the Lakers.

The West is too deep. If this team makes the playoffs, it'll be an absolute shock. There are teams in the West that will be in the neighborhood of 50 wins that will miss the playoffs. If the Lakers win 35 games, it will be a better than expected season.

I mean, I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not betting any money that I am.
The only thing I will bet on is Westbrook in my fantasy ap

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now after game 2 I think it's time to trade Nick Young for a pick and start tanking. Maybe we can luck into another top 3 pick. Maybe we can draft someone not a bust.

Also, time to get rid of Scott unless we are trying to tank. His normal coaching will get us the most ping pong balls.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now after game 2 I think it's time to trade Nick Young for a pick and start tanking. Maybe we can luck into another top 3 pick. Maybe we can draft someone not a bust.

Also, time to get rid of Scott unless we are trying to tank. His normal coaching will get us the most ping pong balls.

One observation i've made over the last couple of games is that the Lakers can score(which most of us figured they could BEFORE the season started), but can't play a lick of defense...at least so far...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation i've made over the last couple of games is that the Lakers can score(which most of us figured they could BEFORE the season started), but can't play a lick of defense...at least so far...

It's harder to play defense than offense. The Lakers have a lot of guys who can score, so even if they had no offensive system, they'd put points up. With this many new faces, it's going to take some time to learn to communicate and trust each other defensively. If we're not seeing some improvement after about 20 or so games, then it will be a problem.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell had a decent game, hit a couple of 3's, 13 points 2 rebounds 2 assists in 23 minutes. As DJ said the other day though, he should be moved to the bench so he has more freedom to make his own decisions, Kobe calling for the ball on every play is not helping Russell develop his decision making skills.

Clarkson
Kobe
Kelly
Randle
Hibbert

This would be a better starting 5 at this point. I thought Kelly looked horrible in game 1 but in game 2 he was one of the few Lakers who showed great effort.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof he is going to be a bust. Reports are he is dating Kendall Jenner. The Kardashian's ruined Odom and they are on their way to ruin Russell.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that hangs around those Kardashian lunatics is bound for destruction. Somebody should take Russell aside and ask him which is more important: his career or toxic poontang?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers make it to the playoffs I will eat my hat, even if they do make it we're talking a sweep in the first round so it could be argued that missing the playoffs would be better than making it.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe calling for the ball on every play is not helping Russell develop his decision making skills.
Kobe ball hogging is not helping anyone. He's been doing it his entire career when he was younger he could get away with it but how frustrating is it to see him hog the ball...take every shot and miss. :gaah: Pass the darn ball to the open man!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are most definitely NOT a playoff team.

And the young man who made that statement is looking like Sam Bowie/Darko Milicic 2.0

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are not playoff team, period. Sorry to say this, but Kobe needs to retire. He is hurting team more than helping.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note: Looks like Kobe is mentoring him. Kobe told Russell to show up an hour before the teams Sunday shootaround and spent that hour breaking down tape with him and giving him insight on how to run the team.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I haven't been around in awhile....but how in the world is it possible, that a 19 year old kid, can be labeled as(or on the way to) being a bust after 4 or 5 games? The only knock I have on Russell so far is that he tries too hard to be unselfish. He should be looking to get his shot more off the pick and roll, to which he did really well in the last game. I think the best is yet to come, however I do think that Byron has to show a bit more trust in him. He has to quick of a hook on him. As for Kobe, I think he's starting to let Russell do his thing a bit more as opposed to that first game when he was calling for the ball on nearly every play