• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running game thread jokes for 2013-2014

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Sexual Favors: Nickname for Derrick Favors when he makes a good defensive play.

* Enes Pump: Used after Kanter makes a good offensive play.

* Gordan Breadstick: Nickname for Hayward because he likes to eat at Olive Garden. Clintonite33 also photoshopped a pic of a giant breadstick where Hayward's head should be, during Hayward's rookie year.

* The Jazz Are The Best Team In Sports: Used after a good win.

* Cherynobl Disaster: Used after a really bad game.

* Radiator Springs: Used for an empty arena

So, I think we got good jokes/phrases from a variety of sources. We have one from scrantonicity33; one from sakataters; a joint one from nuraman00 and Clintonite33; one from MHSL82, and two more from sakataters.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Bastards: jayswag calls the Jazz that name when he's mad at their play. He also stops watching them for an indeterminate period of days or weeks, and complains about their lack of effort.

* Playoffs beard: Blue_Moon76 grew a beard, I think during the 2008 playoffs, and said he wasn't going to shave until the Jazz won the championship. It lasted a few months, and I think he said he looked like a tweaker. He posted pics of his beard-in-progress, too.

* Playoffs mustache: I once created a thread called "grimm010 to grow a playoffs mustache". grimm010 then changed his avatar to put a yellow mustache on his skull avatar! That was a cool moment where he played upon my improvisation.

Now we have a few more jokes by more contributors, jayswag and Blue_Moon76, and grimm010.

MHSL82 will probably now do this thing where he combines all of our nicknames/jokes into one paragraph. Or even one sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about doing a Halloween thread where I would post (on the Niners' board, not here) like others on the Niners board, as I know the posting styles of nearly everyone and with some effort I could do it... but that sounded too lame and I think that people would either ignore it or call it out as such. Plus, it's a waste of time.

For example, one poster always bolds the names of whatever player he's talking about and refuses to call Perrish Cox by his last name in a sentence. Another poster will from time to time add a racial reference to something that really has nothing to do with race. Etc.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about doing a Halloween thread where I would post (on the Niners' board, not here) like others on the Niners board, as I know the posting styles of nearly everyone and with some effort I could do it... but that sounded too lame and I think that people would either ignore it or call it out as such. Plus, it's a waste of time.

For example, one poster always bolds the names of whatever player he's talking about and refuses to call Perrish Cox by his last name in a sentence. Another poster will from time to time add a racial reference to something that really has nothing to do with race. Etc.

Make your fun threads here. They're always welcome, and sometimes serve as comic relief.