• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Running Back Situation 2017

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have Ty that has successfully converted from WR to RB. He's averaging 6.5 YPC. He has everything you could want from a RB in terms of acceleration, balance, power, vision, hands, agility, and IQ. However he appears to have a durability issue and gets injured when he has to be the lead back. Also he doesn't have that elite top end speed which only maybe 7-9 NFL RB's have. I think we should make him our 3rd down back next season since he can already catch out of the backfield better than majority of the RB's in the NFL.

Michael is averaging about 4.1 YPC since arriving and has a little more power but gets tripped up too easily and doesn't have great balance. I think he would be a great #3 RB for a change of pace.

Lacy has had injury and weight issues. He was productive this season when healthy andhen his weight was ok. However he seemed to gain back all the weight he lost. I think he's a waste of money right now since he can't keep his weight managed. They might give him a one year prove it deal or something. I'd rather draft a young stud in the second round.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have Ty that has successfully converted from WR to RB. He's averaging 6.5 YPC. He has everything you could want from a RB in terms of acceleration, balance, power, vision, hands, agility, and IQ. However he appears to have a durability issue and gets injured when he has to be the lead back. Also he doesn't have that elite top end speed which only maybe 7-9 NFL RB's have. I think we should make him our 3rd down back next season since he can already catch out of the backfield better than majority of the RB's in the NFL.

Michael is averaging about 4.1 YPC since arriving and has a little more power but gets tripped up too easily and doesn't have great balance. I think he would be a great #3 RB for a change of pace.

Lacy has had injury and weight issues. He was productive this season when healthy andhen his weight was ok. However he seemed to gain back all the weight he lost. I think he's a waste of money right now since he can't keep his weight managed. They might give him a one year prove it deal or something. I'd rather draft a young stud in the second round.

Agree.

Regarding Ty, his skillset and capabilities could open up a lot more dimensions to the offense than just 3rd downs. So many formation and position group possibilities... Does McCarthy have the imagination?

The jury is still out on Michael. He's shown some explosiveness, but hasn't fully grasped the offense yet. I'd like Thompson to bring him back on a 1 year deal, too.

I'd also like to see Thompson draft a RB; maybe not as high as 2nd round though, unless a very highly-rated player (like Fournette) inexplicably falls to them. Honestly, what I think would make more of an impact offensively would be hooking a stud TE (Jake Butt). If nothing else, having Packers' Tight End Jake Butt would make for some entertaining play-by-play.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Regarding Ty, his skillset and capabilities could open up a lot more dimensions to the offense than just 3rd downs. So many formation and position group possibilities... Does McCarthy have the imagination?

The jury is still out on Michael. He's shown some explosiveness, but hasn't fully grasped the offense yet. I'd like Thompson to bring him back on a 1 year deal, too.

I'd also like to see Thompson draft a RB; maybe not as high as 2nd round though, unless a very highly-rated player (like Fournette) inexplicably falls to them. Honestly, what I think would make more of an impact offensively would be hooking a stud TE (Jake Butt). If nothing else, having Packers' Tight End Jake Butt would make for some entertaining play-by-play.

If MM is still here I assume he will try everything with Ty as he can do almost anything you ask of him except maybe kick FG's.

It's odd because MM stated how impressed he was with Michael on picking up the entire playbook in just one week. I know he made a mistake but it was just once and not sure if it was an audible or that he's never heard or something but I trust he knows the playbook by now. RIP made the same mistake in that game and he's been here for a while now.

MM has stated he likes big backs but I pray we don't draft Fournette. I think he's extremely overrated and will be a bust. There's plenty of RB's in this draft so no need to waste a first round pick on one. I think we have a stud TE in cook. His only problem is health.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM has stated he likes big backs but I pray we don't draft Fournette. I think he's extremely overrated and will be a bust. There's plenty of RB's in this draft so no need to waste a first round pick on one. I think we have a stud TE in cook. His only problem is health.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Packers drafting Fournette if they get him at great value. Trading up for him would be a mistake. Thompson isn't all that great at drafting round 1 anyway; he's much better in subsequent rounds.

I haven't seen anything out of Cook to make me think he's a stud TE. I wouldn't mind bringing him on for another year, but I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to draft Butt because we have Cook.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have a problem with the Packers drafting Fournette if they get him at great value. Trading up for him would be a mistake. Thompson isn't all that great at drafting round 1 anyway; he's much better in subsequent rounds.

I haven't seen anything out of Cook to make me think he's a stud TE. I wouldn't mind bringing him on for another year, but I wouldn't pass on the opportunity to draft Butt because we have Cook.

He's a big dude with injury concerns and has recently elected to take himself out of the bowl game just to stay healthy. He has no offensive moves and shown no receiving ability with LSU. I wouldn't want him even if he fell to us.

I think Butt will be a first rounder and that's not our biggest need. Cook is a match up nightmare and has been open more often than any other player on this team when healthy. Our biggest need is still CB, OLB(since Matthews and Peppers are washed up), and DE.

Clark was a bust, Gunion is average, Jones has been a bust, and pennel is always getting caught violating the substance abuse policy. For some reason TT has issues with drafting D-linemen in the early rounds.

For the Draft I would go with

CB
OLB
TE
RB
DE
OL
WR

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Butt will be a first rounder and that's not our biggest need. Cook is a match up nightmare and has been open more often than any other player on this team when healthy. Our biggest need is still CB, OLB(since Matthews and Peppers are washed up), and DE.

Clark was a bust, Gunion is average, Jones has been a bust, and pennel is always getting caught violating the substance abuse policy. For some reason TT has issues with drafting D-linemen in the early rounds.

For the Draft I would go with

CB
OLB
TE
RB
DE
OL
WR

I haven't seen many mock drafts that have Butt as a first round choice. Most have O.J. Howard as the top rated TE. My thought all along was that he (or one of several other highly-rated TEs) would probably be solid value in the back half of round 2 or 3. I agree that Thompson should go defense in round 1.

Note: The Packers should get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for Casey Hayward.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell can you label a player a bust when he hasn't even finished one freaking year in the league and he's on a team that mostly plays nickle and dime packages? My God

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell can you label a player a bust when he hasn't even finished one freaking year in the league and he's on a team that mostly plays nickle and dime packages? My God

When you draft a guy with a first round pick it's normally your weakest spot and supposed either start or see a ton of playing time. Well Clark has barely gotten on the field due to ineptitude. Even when he's playing he does next to nothing. He has 0 pressures or sacks and only 19 combine tackles.

All the early round D-line player busts in TT's history

Justin Harrel: Epic bust always injured and ineffective when he did play. But TT kept him for like 4 years despite always being injured because TT doesn't want to be wrong about his draft choices so he holds onto them for way longer than he should.

BJ Raji: Had the 2 years of great play then was trash after 2010. When he was a FA not one team offered him a contract. Everyone knew he was trash but TT. So in the end he was a bust with exception of one great year.

Perry: Was a bust due to injuries at DE until he lost weight and switched to OLB this year and did very well until he was injured again. So it was four years of injuries and ineptitude at D-line.

Worthy: second round DT selection and he's not even on the team anymore. BUST

Jones: First round and has averaged about 2 sacks a year and 18 tackles a year. BUST

Mike Neal: Second Rounder from 2010. Similar to Clark was known as an extremely strong player but he wasn't very productive when he played. He converted to OLB later and then was let go. BUST

In conclusion all of the TT picks for defensive line have ended up being busts or changed to OLB or been frequently injured. Clark had some injuries early that stunted his gowth but was given opportunities this year but did nothing with those opportunities. Hell the 4th rounder DE has looked much better than Clark ever has. So, with knowing the history of the high draft pick D-linemen and how they turn out and how Clark as performed to this point I would call him a bust as of right now. He would need to drastically improve to get rid of that label and I wouldn't bet on it happening.

TT should stick to selecting D-linemen and O-linemen in the 4th and 5th round which has been his money round for those players. Skill players like DB/WR have been great in the second/third rounds or really late/UDFA's. LB's drafted in the second to 4th round. He's had no ability to daft RB's, or TE's.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen many mock drafts that have Butt as a first round choice. Most have O.J. Howard as the top rated TE. My thought all along was that he (or one of several other highly-rated TEs) would probably be solid value in the back half of round 2 or 3. I agree that Thompson should go defense in round 1.

Note: The Packers should get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for Casey Hayward.

I guess if we could get him in the 3rd round but I wouldn't use a really high pick when Cook is a legit TE.

Too bad about Hayward as we used a second round pick on him, got rid of him and now he leads the league in int's. Now Randall and Rollins are getting burnt like toast almost every week when they are healthy.

CB is still the biggest need then OLB followed by DE. You could get an insurance policy for Cook at TE due to injury concerns and perhaps another WR since Geranimo is just another guy, Davis hasn't shown much, Cobb is always injured, and Janis is Forrest gump very athletic but dumb as a rock and can't run a damn route to save his life. Plus Jordy will be 32 and you never know about Adams and his drop issues.