• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors -- the great exodus from Michigan State

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MSU 3 players and 1 staff ousted from campus and the team while under sexual assault investigations.

DE suspended for spitting on a parking officer.

Rumors from forums say multiple players looking to transfer, to possibly include Donnie Corley.

Other rumors seems to indicate multiple players are being investigated for a fight and robbery.

Their starting rt guard leaves the team, tired of football.

How quick things have turned in East Lansing. D Antonio losing control of that squad? He has done an incredible job but the Spartan boards are getting restless.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the hell is happening to MSU? Wow! I wonder if Dantonio will leave elsewhere with this happening?

He probably should because according to @TrustMeIamRight he is a better coach than Saban, so it must be a Michigan St thing rather than a Dantonio problem.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably should because according to @TrustMeIamRight he is a better coach than Saban, so it must be a Michigan St thing rather than a Dantonio problem.

Coach? Yes. Recruiter? No. It is why Saban will never leave Alabama or college football.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach? Yes. Recruiter? No. It is why Saban will never leave Alabama or college football.

Are you talking about Harbaugh being a better CFB coach than Saban again? If so...:pound:

Saban: 210-61-1 / 10-8 bowl record / 5 Natty's.
Harbaugh: 49-27 / 2-2 bowl record / not even a conference crown, no Natty

Coaching wise JH doesn't even belong in the sentence as Saban.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carnac.jpg

That's life. That's football."

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about Harbaugh being a better CFB coach than Saban again? If so...:pound:

Saban: 210-61-1 / 10-8 bowl record / 5 Natty's.
Harbaugh: 49-27 / 2-2 bowl record / not even a conference crown, no Natty

Coaching wise JH doesn't even belong in the sentence as Saban.

Let's compare apples to apples now: (first 9 seasons as a college head coach)

Saban:
69-38-1
2-4 bowl records
2 Conference Championships
0 National Titles

Harbaugh:
78-33
2-2 bowl records
0 Natty's

Now Harbaugh is NOWHERE near Saban right now, and likely will not come close to his overall success (5 Natty's), but he is pretty much in the same spot that Saban was in his 9th year of being a college head coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban:
69-38-1
2-4 bowl records
0 National Titles

Harbaugh:
78-33
2-2 bowl records
0 Natty's

Now Harbaugh is NOWHERE near Saban right now, and likely will not come close to his overall success (5 Natty's), but he is pretty much in the same spot that Saban was in his 9th year of being a college head coach.

So exactly when did JH win 2 conference crowns on the FBS level? He's yet to win 1 in the BigTen & never won 1 in the 12 Pac. And trying to compare your HC to the best HC in CFB in the country is just reaching yet again to make JH's CFB coaching career look better than it really is @ this moment. And like I have said countless times before there's no question he's a damn good HC but the bottom line is he currently has a very incomplete CFB coaching resume. Why is every other CFB coach judged on their resume yet JH seemingly gets a free pass? I don't know about you but I judge CFB coaches on what they've actually accomplished. Not looking into the future trying to project what might get done.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So exactly when did JH win 2 conference crowns on the FBS level? He's yet to win 1 in the BigTen & never won 1 in the 12 Pac. And trying to compare your HC to the best HC in CFB in the country is just reaching yet again to make JH's CFB coaching career look better than it really is @ this moment. And like I have said countless times before there's no question he's a damn good HC but the bottom line is he currently has a very incomplete CFB coaching resume. Why is every other CFB coach judged on their resume yet JH seemingly gets a free pass? I don't know about you but I judge CFB coaches on what they've actually accomplished. Not looking into the future trying to project what might get done.

Ok let's not count his first 2 years of coaching. I think that is fair. So let's compare both coaches first 7 years of coaching. The problem with comparing the two is definitely the difference in age, but is it really that big a deal to compare them by when they had similar experience? You posted all of Sabans stats for 20 years of coaching, and posted Harbaughs 9 seasons. Also, a head coach can also be judged by what he does at higher levels of coaching. He did a pretty darn good job as a NFL head coach, where Saban did not as well.

Again Harbaugh is not Nick Saban yet, but at this point in his career he looks a lot like Saban did a decade or so ago.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban:
69-38-1
2-4 bowl records
0 National Titles

Harbaugh:
78-33
2-2 bowl records
0 Natty's

:L :burt: :facepalm3: :facepalm5:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why it isn't fair to compare the same amount of seasons when comparing two coaches with a big difference in years of experience?

B/C you are trying to legitimize that Harbaugh and Saban are comparable coaches by cherry picking, when they aren't and it's not even close nor will Harbaugh come close to achieving the success Saban has.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B/C you are trying to legitimize that Harbaugh and Saban are comparable coaches by cherry picking, when they aren't and it's not even close nor will Harbaugh come close to achieving the success Saban has.

Exactly how am I cherry picking? I too don't think Harbaugh will have greater success than Saban, but the fact of the matter is that Saban didn't win his first major conference championship till his 9th season as a head coach. Harbaugh just finished his 6th season as an FBS head coach. I threw up stats for 9 seasons so that Saban could at least have a major conference championship on his resume.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree -- unless Harbaugh were to leave to coach a SEC school -- he will never match what Saban's has done. College football is all about who can collect the most talent -- no one can match Saban and Bama in that department.

That being said -- Saban will never come close to achieving the success Harbaugh had in the NFL and Sabah will never even try again. He dipped his toe in the water and realized all the massive advantages top coaches have in college are gone in the NFL and he jumped ship after two years to go back to those advantages.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of quickly scrolled through this thread and didn't see anything about Jon Reschke. According to internet rumors he's been kicked off the team? Heard he was throwing around N bombs and such. Any one confirm this? His twitter feed @J_Rescke33 is no longer on twitter.

What a mess.

Added the thread incase anyone would like to follow. Team sounds very dysfunctional...

Rumor: Michigan State Linebacker Jon Reschke No Longer With Team • r/CFB

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's not count his first 2 years of coaching. I think that is fair. So let's compare both coaches first 7 years of coaching. The problem with comparing the two is definitely the difference in age, but is it really that big a deal to compare them by when they had similar experience? You posted all of Sabans stats for 20 years of coaching, and posted Harbaughs 9 seasons. Also, a head coach can also be judged by what he does at higher levels of coaching. He did a pretty darn good job as a NFL head coach, where Saban did not as well.

Again Harbaugh is not Nick Saban yet, but at this point in his career he looks a lot like Saban did a decade or so ago.

It's beyond laughable you insist on comparing JH to Saban. And the NFL has nothing to do w/ CFB. Why do so many of you UofM fans always bring up what JH did in the NFL to validate his incomplete CFB coaching resume? It's really absurd. It's like you refuse to acknowledge JH hasn't won anything on the CFB level. Yet you insist on comparing to a CFB coach that has won everything.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beyond laughable you insist on comparing JH to Saban. And the NFL has nothing to do w/ CFB. Why do so many of you UofM fans always bring up what JH did in the NFL to validate his incomplete CFB coaching resume? It's really absurd. It's like you refuse to acknowledge JH hasn't won anything on the CFB level. Yet you insist on comparing to a CFB coach that has won everything.
You know why they insist on putting in Harbaugh's NFL experience. Don't forget how much they tried to convince everyone how Hoke was a great hire for them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know why they insist on putting in Harbaugh's NFL experience. Don't forget how much they tried to convince everyone how Hoke was a great hire for them.

I might be biased but I thought Hoke was a great HC for meeeechegan.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be biased but I thought Hoke was a great HC for meeeechegan.
I think them stealing Rich Rod from Alabama was a better hire.