• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rudolph's agent hasn't ruled out legal action against Garrett

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. What Garrett did was very wrong, but Rudolph really comes across as a punk who started the whole thing and keep it going IMO. A suspension was merited for him for sure.
problem with that is. He didnt do anything worthy of suspension rule wise. So only time I could see them ignoring that & suspending him anyways is if he had a history of doing stuff like that. Which is kinda hard to do since he has been in the NFL for what? 6 days LOL
I never saw the possibility of him getting suspended honestly.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Fact is that he did not connect the blow. Had he, we could be looking at something else. Sure, the intent was there, but the guy obviously was out of his mind at the moment.

It would be pretty hilarious if Rudolph filed a complaint with the police or asked for a civil restraining order. Maybe a restraining order is the way to go. That way, Garrett has to stay away from Rudolph by 100 yards or more at all times and he practically wouldn't be able to play in any games against Rudolph's team. LOL.

An action for tort damages would be hilarious, too. Rudolph would be giving testimony while crying and saying that he still has sleepless nights and can't get the image of Garrett out of his mind.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph is keeping this an NFL concern only. I wonder what changed his mind?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just taking a position...you know the QB should not be suspended for the balance of the year.

Apologies... not clear in my response:

If Garrett needs to get anger management counseling, then so should Pouncey and Rudolph.... Pouncey admitted to losing it (which is as bad or worse than what Garrett openly admitted to, depending on how you interpret Garrett's words. IMHO both Garrett and Pouncey simply lost it - both being as bad).

And Rudolph is actually still in complete denial about his own role - including losing it and stoking the flames TWICE - which is even worse than whatever Pouncey and Garrett experienced as far as losing it is concerned.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Garrett needs to get anger management counseling, then so should Pouncey and Rudolph.... Pouncey admitted to losing it (which is as bad or worse than what Garrett openly admitted to, depending on how you interpret Garrett's words. IMHO both Garrett and Pouncey simply lost it - both being as bad).

And Rudolph is actually still in complete denial about his own role - including losing it and stoking the flames TWICE - which is even worse than whatever Pouncey and Garrett experienced as far as losing it is concerned.
Pouncy protecting his QB I will always be for. Did he do it wrongly? Sure. Should he be in trouble for it. yep!
but Comparing player A who is protecting his QB to Player B hitting a player in the head with his own helmet.
Sorry. There is no as bad or worse in that scenario.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph is keeping this an NFL concern only. I wonder what changed his mind?

Him filing charges would probably have lead to the defense minutely analysing the tape in court; which would clearly prove what kind of punk Rudolph was being, that HE was the one instigating the mess, and again fanning the flame when things seemed to cool down (leading to the swing with the helmet). It might - in retaliation - even have lead to Garrett going after Pouncey for the head-stomp/kicking the head; it was sheer dumb luck that Garrett's helmet was still on at that point.

I would not even be surprised if some players on the Steelers gave Rudolph a talking to in the locker room about his punk behaviour.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the emotional one. I don't care if Rudolph instigated it, you don't hit someone over the head with a helmet.
You're right, you don't. That's why he is suspended without pay indefinitely.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncy protecting his QB I will always be for. Did he do it wrongly? Sure. Should he be in trouble for it. yep!
but Comparing player A who is protecting his QB to Player B hitting a player in the head with his own helmet.
Sorry. There is no as bad or worse in that scenario.

Funny, said player being hit over the head with his own helmet was (A) the one who actually assaulted first (trying to rip off the helmet) and then (B) as the coward he is went after that same individual when that individual was being restrained by someone else.

That said punk was the QB is irrelevant to the situation.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, said player being hit over the head with his own helmet was (A) the one who actually assaulted first (trying to rip off the helmet) and then (B) as the coward he is went after that same individual when that individual was being restrained by someone else.

I havent once disagreed with Rudolph & his bitch status for the record.
My comment for about Pouncy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are in favor of assaulting someone with a deadly weapon.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are an asshole and a dolt.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's lame... He would've been called worse had he not done anything at all after having his helmet ripped off his head... Anyone would've had the same reaction Rudolph did...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Garrett has shown restraint in similar situations in the past...imo anger management wouldn’t hurt but not something I would be pressing for.

When you watch the tape again in real time watch #53, mvp of the game..recognizing the state of the game...he pulls up, this guy gets it

If anything...the nflpa should be trying show him there is a some etiquette in the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to rip off a helmet and helping/encouraging the melee is ban worthy IMO.

They usually give a 1 gamer for ripping off a players’ helmet. Well you think if he tried they would treat it the same way. He was too weak...but the intention was there...idk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's lame... He would've been called worse had he not done anything at all after having his helmet ripped off his head... Anyone would've had the same reaction Rudolph did...

shouldnt he kind of expect that considering he tried to rip Garrett’s helmet off and failed. Obviously Rudolph went into an anger rage just like Myles and Pouncey. The fact he cant admit that is a bitch move imo. If he doesnt attempt to rip Myles helmet off...we arent having this conversation right now possibly

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you go to slo-mo, it looks like he's actually trying to put the helmet back on his head. Why didn't Kitchins ask for a challenge?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be stupid and make a bad thing worse.

I would like to see it go to trial so Garretts lawyers could ask what was rudolph going to do if HE was the one to pull off the helmet since he was trying to do it first.