• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rudolph's agent hasn't ruled out legal action against Garrett

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, I made a terrible mistake," Garrett's statement reads. "I lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward. I want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL. I know I have to be accountable for what happened, learn from my mistake and I fully intend to do so."

for daily NFL goodness.

Both teams were fined $250,000 following Thursday night's incident. Additionally, Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was suspended one game without pay for knocking Rudolph to the ground following Rudolph's incident with Garrett. Both teams issued statements regarding the incident on Friday, while Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens addressed the situation during his postgame press conference.

"We don't condone that," said Kitchens, who added that the Browns must rally together in the midst of outside criticism that has come as a result of Garrett's actions. "Myles understands that what he did was wrong. He has to maintain his composure … We had five (seconds left) in the game. He understands."

pick-six.png

Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.

I agree that CBS Sports can send me the "Pick Six Newsletter" newsletter.
Our Latest Stories

SportsLine.com
© 2004-2019 CBS INTERACTIVE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc.

Images by Getty Images and US Presswire

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You are the one who think filing criminal charges would be a good thing.
Smart people disagree.
I said Rudolph's agent is considering criminal charges and I agree.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be ridiculous. What Garrett did was deplorable, but it was in the heat of the moment. It was inexcusable, and he apologized. Legal action would be a sissy move.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You are the one who think filing criminal charges would be a good thing.
Smart people disagree.
I don't consider you to be a smart person.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Rudolph's agent is considering criminal charges and I agree.
That would be shitty for the NFL.
Do you feel the same about a "defenseless" WR who takes a helmet to the head on a late hit? That is much more dangerous than getting hit with an empty helmet.
How many times in an NFL season does a player punch another player. Many. Those could all be criminal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be shitty for the NFL.
Do you feel the same about a "defenseless" WR who takes a helmet to the head on a late hit? That is much more dangerous than getting hit with an empty helmet.
How many times in an NFL season does a player punch another player. Many. Those could all be criminal.
Nonsense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somebody hit me over the head with a helmet I would.

I didn't watch the game and I watched a video of the fight on my phone and couldn't see very clearly. Did Garrett actually hit Rudolph with the helmet or did he miss?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game and I watched a video of the fight on my phone and couldn't see very clearly. Did Garrett actually hit Rudolph with the helmet or did he miss?
I think he just nicked him, but Garrett swung for a home run. Had he connected, could have caused some serious damage, I would think.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that the punishment given is sufficient. Heck he’s gonna miss a lot games, and paychecks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just nicked him, but Garrett swung for a home run. Had he connected, could have caused some serious damage, I would think.

Okay, so that means that Rudolph wouldn't recover any damages for actual physical injuries, but he possibly could recover damages for emotional trauma. He would have to testify that he gets nightmares about being hit in the head by Garrett.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know much about Garrett. Is this first time or is he a repeat offender?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope but your saying that Rudolph did nothing wrong.

I'm calling BS.
I said he may have instigated it. I never said he did nothing wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't make full contact. But there was some contact. His actions were inexcusable. And it wouldn't have bothered me if he got more than a 6 game suspension. Garrett's violent actions ruined a long awaited win over the Steelers. My opinion of him has been changed forever.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so that means that Rudolph wouldn't recover any damages for actual physical injuries, but he possibly could recover damages for emotional trauma. He would have to testify that he gets nightmares about being hit in the head by Garrett.
Agree. Fact is that he did not connect the blow. Had he, we could be looking at something else. Sure, the intent was there, but the guy obviously was out of his mind at the moment.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats pretty fucking weak, but i hope he does it.