• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royals Sign Jason Vargas To Four-Year Contract

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hughes sucks and Johnson cant stay healthy

none of these three are anything more than a 3 or 4 on the rotation anyway. Ideally, we'd have a better 2 than Guthrie, but until we decide to spend more money, we'll have to wait until Duffy, Ventura or Zimmer prove they can handle it.

We arent making the playoffs anyway. Still too many holes in the lineup, and the bullpen cant be expected to repeat what they did last year.

wanted Johnson 1st, Hudson 2nd this off season.......wanted to avoid Santana and Hughes...think their contracts will be the largest pitching flops.

Vargas is going to be solid, if anything Guthrie over the 2nd and 3rd yrs of his contract would scare me worse...but they are so freakin close to the same pitchers..

If Vargas puts up 200 innings, that will keep those bullpen arms pretty fresh, and do believe that the extra innings the starters put up, really helped a bullpen that was good for 2 years prior. Problem will be Duffy on a short pitch count and Ventura would be on a inning count...so it might mean more inning for the bullpen down the season.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think we are in a position to cast stones, but I would not be happy at all if I was a Philly fan. How in gods name is that GM not fired!?

just catching and throwing them back..this isn't the board for trash talking...the last guy who did in the Royals form got banned from the entire site...and I got banned from the Tigers Board for doing it...

Just sayin.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanted Johnson 1st, Hudson 2nd this off season.......wanted to avoid Santana and Hughes...think their contracts will be the largest pitching flops.

Vargas is going to be solid, if anything Guthrie over the 2nd and 3rd yrs of his contract would scare me worse...but they are so freakin close to the same pitchers..

If Vargas puts up 200 innings, that will keep those bullpen arms pretty fresh, and do believe that the extra innings the starters put up, really helped a bullpen that was good for 2 years prior. Problem will be Duffy on a short pitch count and Ventura would be on a inning count...so it might mean more inning for the bullpen down the season.

Vargas is a much better version of Guthrie imo. The simple solution to this problem would be to call up Zimmer at some point in the season. Or alternatively, you could draw from the pen and insert a Hocheaver or Smith in the meantime for a start or two.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just catching and throwing them back..this isn't the board for trash talking...the last guy who did in the Royals form got banned from the entire site...and I got banned from the Tigers Board for doing it...

Just sayin.

We all know Vice is a tool. Cobbie is harmless compared to Vice. And if we wanted to talk smack, then we could just make fun of their GM.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, Black Fran....don't forget about Miquel Almonte, you will see him on the top 100 MLB prospect board this year after getting out of A and Rk ball...look him up...

Royals have Duffy, Ventura, should fill in at the beginning or midseason 2014...Zimmerman and Almonte both maybe 2015..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, Black Fran....don't forget about Miquel Almonte, you will see him on the top 100 MLB prospect board this year after getting out of A and Rk ball...look him up...

Royals have Duffy, Ventura, should fill in at the beginning or midseason 2014...Zimmerman and Almonte both maybe 2015..

Zimmer could possibly be called up in 2014 if he performs well in AA and a brief stint in AAA. Almonte needs to produce at AA in some capacity before we start saying he is a legit SP prospect.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know Vice is a tool. Cobbie is harmless compared to Vice. And if we wanted to talk smack, then we could just make fun of their GM.

fair enough...I am dropping it for Cobbie...I have enough battles, don't need someone from outside, not only the division but the league...lo.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow the Royals because I have family from out there, and also because your team's plight has been similar to mine.

I think the Royals will be in the conversation for the AL central or a wild card within the next 2 seasons, personally. I'm pulling for you.