• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round of 16

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we were in without his goal. His goal just locked it up a little earlier. Remember a draw in that game would have put us in even if we lost 10-0

Really? I thought the only draw for the US to get in would be if they drew against Germany

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I thought the only draw for the US to get in would be if they drew against Germany

No. We already had 4 points. If they drew, they both would have had only 2 points.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazil vs Chile
Columbia vs Uruguay

France vs Nigeria
Germany vs (Group H 2nd: most likely Algeria)

Netherlands vs Mexico
Costa Rica vs Greece

Argentina vs Switzerland
USA vs (Group H 1st: most likely Belgium)

Brazil
Columbia
France
Germany
Holland
Costa Rica
Switzerland
USA

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA has a lot of heart, but it seems like the talent is lacking. I think USA has been overachieving in the WC and have competed very well against more talented teams. I just hope that heart will get them past Belgium.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazil vs Chile
Columbia vs Uruguay

France vs Nigeria
Germany vs (Group H 2nd: most likely Algeria)

Netherlands vs Mexico
Croatia vs Greece

Argentina vs Switzerland
USA vs (Group H 1st: most likely Belgium)

Brazil
Columbia
France
Germany
Holland
Costa Rica
Argentina
Belgium

Still I like USA's chance against Belgium much better than against Germany and Portugal to get through pool play. So let's hope I'm wrong again.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA has a lot of heart, but it seems like the talent is lacking. I think USA has been overachieving in the WC and have competed very well against more talented teams. I just hope that heart will get them past Belgium.

How so? We outplayed Portugal, without a doubt. Our best player has played poorly in all 3 games, and we've still shown well in all of them. Maybe one would be a fluke, but it's hard to argue that we've not been playing like a top 10 team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? We outplayed Portugal, without a doubt. Our best player has played poorly in all 3 games, and we've still shown well in all of them. Maybe one would be a fluke, but it's hard to argue that we've not been playing like a top 10 team.

In some ways, not so much in others. Passing specifically and possession in general has been abysmal in the last two games in particular. Not being able to play keep away cost them 2 points against Portugal and the disparity between Germany and the USMNT in that department was glaring.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways, not so much in others. Passing specifically and possession in general has been abysmal in the last two games in particular. Not being able to play keep away cost them 2 points against Portugal and the disparity between Germany and the USMNT in that department was glaring.

..and I don't think anyone will argue that. Germany may be the best team in the world. We're obviously not there yet. I don't think it's fair to say we've overachieved. Going 1-1-1 in Group play is at least what I expected. Jurgen has this team playing much better than we're accustomed to seeing US sides. It's time to start expecting a certain level play and expecting that we're going to compete against all teams.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The passing and possession against Portugal was outstanding. Poor decision making cost them two points against Portugal. Not bad passing. :L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..and I don't think anyone will argue that. Germany may be the best team in the world. We're obviously not there yet. I don't think it's fair to say we've overachieved. Going 1-1-1 in Group play is at least what I expected. Jurgen has this team playing much better than we're accustomed to seeing US sides. It's time to start expecting a certain level play and expecting that we're going to compete against all teams.

Exactly. We're not just happy to be here.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stay classy brazil. hope chile wins now

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing and possession against Portugal was outstanding. Poor decision making cost them two points against Portugal. Not bad passing. :L

Right, the US did an outstanding job of possessing the ball at the end of the game to run it out for a win. :rollseyes:

Some of you are way too fucking sensitive about any sort of critical analysis with this team. No one said we suck, nor that we didn't earn our way here, nor that we shouldn't expect them to compete in the next game. All I said is as a team our passing isn't anywhere near the level of the upper teams. It isn't, hasn't, and likely won't be this year. There is no denying the Howard is a fucking stud and while the US defense can have lapses, it recovers well and has performed against 3 very potent scoring sides so far.

Just accept that there are areas they can improve yet. It's ok to be realistic.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, the US did an outstanding job of possessing the ball at the end of the game to run it out for a win. :rollseyes:

Some of you are way too fucking sensitive about any sort of critical analysis with this team. No one said we suck, nor that we didn't earn our way here, nor that we shouldn't expect them to compete in the next game. All I said is as a team our passing isn't anywhere near the level of the upper teams. It isn't, hasn't, and likely won't be this year. There is no denying the Howard is a fucking stud and while the US defense can have lapses, it recovers well and has performed against 3 very potent scoring sides so far.

Just accept that there are areas they can improve yet. It's ok to be realistic.

Yes. Some poor decision making in the last minute the game discounts our possession and play the previous 94 minutes. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so look at the total game then. You say the US dominated, but the stats don't agree. Portugal had more possession and more total shots. Just one less shot on goal. The key is total possession. You assert it was pure dominance and yet the US had the ball less.

Just once stop being such a pompous fuck and admit the US side still has room for improvement in passing and possession. No one said they suck because of that weakness, just a place they really need to work on that would seriously up their game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so look at the total game then. You say the US dominated, but the stats don't agree. Portugal had more possession and more total shots. Just one less shot on goal. The key is total possession. You assert it was pure dominance and yet the US had the ball less.

Just once stop being such a pompous fuck and admit the US side still has room for improvement in passing and possession. No one said they suck because of that weakness, just a place they really need to work on that would seriously up their game.

Fuck off. I never refused to admit they could improve on their play. Just disagreeing with your stance that their possession was awful against Portugal. I'm sorry if you can't handle that, buddy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off. I never refused to admit they could improve on their play. Just disagreeing with your stance that their possession was awful against Portugal. I'm sorry if you can't handle that, buddy.

:L And I'm sorry if your arrogant cocky ass can't handle someone even questioning the mighty US soccer machine. Get over yourself.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L And I'm sorry if your arrogant cocky ass can't handle someone even questioning the mighty US soccer machine. Get over yourself.

Go suck a dick. I have criticized this team multiple times. You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Get over it.