• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round 1-> Denver Broncos select: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garotte - kill (someone) by strangulation, typically with an iron collar or a length of wire or cord.
"he had been garroted with piano wire"

I don't know what made me think of that. Thanks DC - duly noted. Garett - got it.

I just want to make you aware before Crash gets on you about your spelling.

;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway sucks at 2nd round picks. After Xanders draft of 2011,

Brock (actually saw a 2nd contract) , Ball, Latimer, Ty, Gotis. Disgusting actually

I hope Walker breaks the mold.

This was a need draft to make up for all the missies of the previous drafts.

Jury is still out on Ty and Gotsis.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to make you aware before Crash gets on you about your spelling.

;)
And I thought I was the only smartass
Jury is still out on Ty and Gotsis.
Well if you want to really do the judicial route, jury is out on a shitload of Bronco roster and coaches not just Ty and Got. Think about it heading into 2017, aside from Miller and secondary on D side, McManus kicking Fgs, and on the O side beside Sanders, Paradis and maybe CJ, who are you going to stake your mortgage on that without injury, he will certainly deliver in 2017 ? The front 7 from last year certainly didn't wow with inside pressure, run game and LB coverage skills but the O line was instrumental in garnishing one of the worst running game and pass pro in league. If one of these Qbs can manage to score points for the offense, the opposing D's won't be able to sit on lead and run ball down Denver's throat in 2nd half. If anyone bothers to ck stats, Denver's D pretty much shut down running game in first half but after a ton of 3 and outs and fgs by offense, in the 2nd half and with lead, opposing teams wore the D down needed its offense to at least use clock up to preserve their strength. Denver's lack of a good run D came mostly in 2nd half due to an anemic offense. Jury's out on this offense. if they do their job, this D is more than capable of being a top D in run game as well with the guys they currently have. It's not rocket science. A decent offense can make major contribution to a solid D or, cause that same D to falter late in games and make them look like guilty party. I just hope all the unanimous negative comments regarding Denver's O line plus the additions, give this O line a chip on shoulder and pride inspires them going forward.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that. My main point was that Gotsis and Ty were still very young players, and need time. At least 1 or 2 more seasons. I'd go so far as to say that even if they have a great year, I'd be more comfortable seeing them do it twice before saying "okay, they weren't a wasted pick".

Sure, there are plenty of question marks. But the question posed was about 2nd round picks under Elway.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget Derek Wolfe was a 2nd round pick, so it hasn't been 100% terrible.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the name spelling category - Orlando Franklin was a gold medal winner - and I will always love him for that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles was way better this week on bronco TV talking . He seems to be a down to earth guy . Says this is all about his family and he is all in . He is not worried about anything for himself .. if So good for him ...

I feel that way about my son . I love him so much .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles was way better this week on bronco TV talking . He seems to be a down to earth guy . Says this is all about his family and he is all in . He is not worried about anything for himself .. if So good for him ...

I feel that way about my son . I love him so much .

I really think him having a family is a huge bonus. So many of these guys that just made millions are tempted to go out and party and get themselves surrounded by the wrong people. For Bolles after practice he has a family to take care of and keep him focused on what is most important.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree I would run though a wall for my boy And I love it that Bolles feels the same way .. He want's his boy to not go though what he did . You can tell when he talks his son it is 100% real .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you .. I like most of your wright up .

much appreciated.

* not to knock your stuff .. Bolles core is fine . his feet move effortless and there is not one drop trembling .

I see nothing but power . II am only worried about his mind and can he handle stunts . his legs look every bit as good as Clady .

If you want to see Core problems Ty is a night mare not sure what the staff see in him .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is Why I let DC tell me TY is a bust ...I was trying to think what we could do with him when I said Maybe C ? but unless you can get a guy that old core strength ???? I agree probably bust for TY .

I do hope they cut Ty if he the same come training camp ... If I was TY I would train in Iowa and let that staff do it's magic on his legs because he must Do Squats like a f'n Girl

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you .. I like most of your wright up .

much appreciated.

* not to knock your stuff .. Bolles core is fine . his feet move effortless and there is not one drop trembling .

I see nothing but power . II am only worried about his mind and can he handle stunts . his legs look every bit as good as Clady .

If you want to see Core problems Ty is a night mare not sure what the staff see in him .

he does have core problems in sustaining some blocks and movement after initial drive, these 6 plays don't really show tho. I would like to do more but due to GIFs i can't do more than 6

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he does have core problems in sustaining some blocks and movement after initial drive, these 6 plays don't really show tho. I would like to do more but due to GIFs i can't do more than 6

Look I do believe You . I get it all rookies are behind some with Core strength in the NFL that is the last step .

Bolles IMO will not be to hampered by it . He looks the type to grind out in the weight room .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on Bolles - he does appear to be the LT in this draft the closest to the starting line for an NFL career. The thing that impressed me most about Bolles was his blocking while on the move - he gets to the block quickly and he violently occupies space. Bolles has better numbers that Matt Lepsis or Nate Solder - two Buffs who moved from TE to LT. Add the attitude toward life Bolles shows -and he is a very good bet to succeed.

The Broncos will have to baby him along and take some lumps, but he only needs to be rounding into form - near the playoffs.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he might have an issue with edge rushers. Not really ideal in our division. Looks great as a run blocker though