• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Projections

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on Waivers, nothing NE could do. Only way to keep him was to put him on the 53.

Actually, there are things you can do.
1) Offer him rookie money to stay.
2) promise him a chance to start when _______ gets injured or retires
We have done it before.
Only thing I can surmise is Belichick wasn't as high on him as I was.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there are things you can do.
1) Offer him rookie money to stay.
2) promise him a chance to start when _______ gets injured or retires
We have done it before.
Only thing I can surmise is Belichick wasn't as high on him as I was.....

Who did we do it to before? You offer them money once the draft is over to come to your camp to compete. Which is why Langi got the most money of all the UDFA to go to NE. My understanding, you have to make the team to be on the roster.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who did we do it to before? You offer them money once the draft is over to come to your camp to compete. Which is why Langi got the most money of all the UDFA to go to NE. My understanding, you have to make the team to be on the roster.

You don't have to offer them PS money. If you know you have a desire to stash someone important to you on the PS Throw rookie money at them and they can say no to offers from other teams. They are free agents. They do not have to accept other offers.....

{We did it for RB Gray, for a bad example)

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to offer them PS money. If you know you have a desire to stash someone important to you on the PS Throw rookie money at them and they can say no to offers from other teams. They are free agents. They do not have to accept other offers.....

{We did it for RB Gray, for a bad example)

I'm all confused. So NO claimed him, but NE could have paid him more to come back to NE? Since Carr was claimed of waivers, doesn't he have to be on the 53 man roster? Only those not claimed can be added to the PS.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all confused. So NO claimed him, but NE could have paid him more to come back to NE? Since Carr was claimed of waivers, doesn't he have to be on the 53 man roster? Only those not claimed can be added to the PS.

He would clear waivers by telling the other teams he would not accept the offer. He accepted N.O. offer. If he had said no, we'd be able to offer him the PS.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr would have no standing or opportunity to tell anyone before he was placed on waivers not to claim him. And he'd be a moron to do so if he could. A non-vested player that gets claimed is contractually bound to the team that claims him. There was no offer for him to accept. The only thing he could do if he wanted to force his way back to the Pats would be to refuse to report to NO. And why in hell would he do that?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr would have no standing or opportunity to tell anyone before he was placed on waivers not to claim him. And he'd be a moron to do so if he could. A non-vested player that gets claimed is contractually bound to the team that claims him. There was no offer for him to accept. The only thing he could do if he wanted to force his way back to the Pats would be to refuse to report to NO. And why in hell would he do that?

N.O. lost a starting WR to injury during their final preseason game. Carr is going to be on the 53 man roster and I heard he may start this week. No way in hell would he want to be on anyone's practice squad.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had this argument with @Scooby-Doo 2 years ago. Do I have to prove it every year?

Practice squad players given reasons to stay

"What sometimes happens in those situations is that if the player is pursued to sign with another team's active roster, he declines."

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were presumably having a different argument then. Carr wasn't on a practice squad. He would've had to clear waivers before he could sign onto a practice squad. He did not clear waivers. The contract he signed with the Patriots belongs to the Saints now. He is contractually bound to the Saints.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would clear waivers by telling the other teams he would not accept the offer. He accepted N.O. offer. If he had said no, we'd be able to offer him the PS.

Correct.

You were presumably having a different argument then. Carr wasn't on a practice squad. He would've had to clear waivers before he could sign onto a practice squad. He did not clear waivers. The contract he signed with the Patriots belongs to the Saints now. He is contractually bound to the Saints.

Furthermore, once the Saints claimed Carr...he goes on their 53-man roster. Where he is now making the rookie minimum, $465,000. The Pats weren't going to pay that to a practice squad guy. You would have to be a moron to pass up a spot on a 53 man roster for a place on the practice squad.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If numerous teams claim him, he can choose what one he wants. NE never put a claim in for him cause they released him. If numerous team claim him, like James O, he can choose the higher salary because he is now on the 53 man roster, and can make more.

In the end, he is not here and if NE wanted him here they would have found a way. Look at Bolden as an example. Was cut and added once Shea went on IR....pretty sure NE knew no one would claim him....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. If numerous teams claim him he automatically goes to the lowest team in the waiver priority. That's why O'Shaughnessy ended up in Jacksonville, not because he chose to go there. He had no choice in the matter. It's the same contract he signed with the Pats, it just belongs to the Jags now.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Bolden is not comparable...he is a vested veteran and was not subject to waivers. He was free to sign anywhere he wished as soon as the Pats let him go.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back over the biggest games in the past three or four years, Harmon's had an INT or pass defense that turned the game around in almost every one.

Just watched the Baltimore game of the 2014 season and he skied to close out Flacco's attempted comeback.

Harmon's a keeper.[/QUOTE]

Add another one!

For those of you who did not love Harmon - you do now!!!!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, that was Rowes play on the ball and Harmon was in the right spot to slurp down a juicey scrap. I'm not knocking Harmon, just assigning that play as evidence of Harmon's value.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, that was Rowes play on the ball and Harmon was in the right spot to slurp down a juicey scrap. I'm not knocking Harmon, just assigning that play as evidence of Harmon's value.

Almost all of Harmon's interceptions he's been an opportunist. Nose for the ball. Ball hawk. Whatever. For a #3 safety he has made a lot of big plays.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all of Harmon's interceptions he's been an opportunist. Nose for the ball. Ball hawk. Whatever. For a #3 safety he has made a lot of big plays.....
I cannot deny. It was Harmon in the right place for the three and out before the game winning TD drive. In the right place and making the sure tackle.