• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Projections

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to predict who will or will not be on the final roster. A knee here, a achilles there......Injuries can break or bend a player. Performance is another factor, especially at practice. BB knows when someone isn't practicing or when someone can't practice. It all has to do with attitude and desire. Finally, discipline. Self discipline is critical. How bad do you want to play and what will you do to play for this team.

Always a surprise. Always a rookie or two that no one thought could do it. Always a veteran or two that just can't do it anymore................

This will be a great thread come July and August.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to predict who will or will not be on the final roster. A knee here, a achilles there......Injuries can break or bend a player. Performance is another factor, especially at practice. BB knows when someone isn't practicing or when someone can't practice. It all has to do with attitude and desire. Finally, discipline. Self discipline is critical. How bad do you want to play and what will you do to play for this team.

Always a surprise. Always a rookie or two that no one thought could do it. Always a veteran or two that just can't do it anymore................

This will be a great thread come July and August.

Well said.
I know I said this before but....
Our cuts to 53 man roster are particularly painful when you have so much talent to choose from.
You could build a mid-tier team with the guys who get cut this year......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember there are 94 players in the NFL who have played for or been on the Patriots roster previously.

Picking the final 53 and 10 PS members is going to be extremely tough this year.

Hell, we can't even agree on 5 or 6 RBs or WRs, let alone the OL and DL.........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already saw a screw up........I left out Malcolm Mitchell so DeAndrew White goes.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already saw a screw up........I left out Malcolm Mitchell so DeAndrew White goes.

Notable that last years undrafted CB Jones makes the team where second round CB Jones does not...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you also have a lot more than 22 on offense. You have 10 OL players listed, 5 WR's if you count Malcom Mitchell in place of White, 5 RB's, 3 QB's, and 4 TE's. That adds up to 27 players.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you also have a lot more than 22 on offense. You have 10 OL players listed, 5 WR's if you count Malcom Mitchell in place of White, 5 RB's, 3 QB's, and 4 TE's. That adds up to 27 players.
He counted the summary numbers for each group and failed to notice the RB group didn't have a summary number...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He counted the summary numbers for each group and failed to notice the RB group didn't have a summary number...
I dont see the Pats carrying 5 RBs three seems more a doable number to me. I think Lewis and Foster are odd men out. Although Burkhead better show me something I did not like that signing and if he is relegated to ST play I would be okay with that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right just wanted to make sure he knew he needed to eliminate 5 more names to actually get to 53

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll need more time. I'll probably print the list of names on the roster and take it into the bathroom rather than read National Geographic.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll need more time. I'll probably print the list of names on the roster and take it into the bathroom rather than read National Geographic.
A great place for breaking things down.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is James Develin?
I think we'll carry 5 linebackers?????
Coleman is on the bubble.

Chung is in jeopardy - wait! hear me out:
Chung was being helped on coverage by linebackers. We may not have the luxury of helping Chung on coverage. He is also losing a step. A great pre-season by the likes of Killings, could cost Chung his job?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the secondary may be one of those "competition" areas where a vet or two might get the axe.

Right now the roster has a pretty large number of both CBs and Safeties.

Cornerbacks:

Malcolm Butler
Stephon Gilmore
Justin Coleman
David Jones (6'3" 210 Rookie Richmond)
Cyrus Jones
Johnathan Jones
Eric Rowe
Kenny Moore (5'9" 180 Rookie Valparaso)
Dwayne Thomas (6'0" 201 Rookie LSU)

Butler, Gilmore and Rowe appear to be locks. J. Jones was the slot CB during the OTAs with the first team. If BB keeps 5, I'd like to see if David Jones can play. With his size he could be the guy who BB would put on the big WR that we historically have had problems with.
Safeties:

Duron Harmon
Nate Ebner
Jordan Richards
Devin McCourty
Patrick Chung
D.J. Killings (6'0" 205)
Jason Thompson (6'2" 208 Utah)
Damarius Travis (6'2" 218 Minn.)

McCourty, Harmon and Chung appear to be the best of this group. Killings, Thompson and Travis are all good sized and fast. Killings is making a good impression. If he gets the nod, then Ebner and Richards are the two on the bubble. Thompson and Travis could be Practice Squad players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the secondary may be one of those "competition" areas where a vet or two might get the axe.

Right now the roster has a pretty large number of both CBs and Safeties.

Cornerbacks:

Malcolm Butler
Stephon Gilmore
Justin Coleman
David Jones (6'3" 210 Rookie Richmond)
Cyrus Jones
Johnathan Jones
Eric Rowe
Kenny Moore (5'9" 180 Rookie Valparaso)
Dwayne Thomas (6'0" 201 Rookie LSU)

Butler, Gilmore and Rowe appear to be locks. J. Jones was the slot CB during the OTAs with the first team. If BB keeps 5, I'd like to see if David Jones can play. With his size he could be the guy who BB would put on the big WR that we historically have had problems with.
Safeties:

Duron Harmon
Nate Ebner
Jordan Richards
Devin McCourty
Patrick Chung
D.J. Killings (6'0" 205)
Jason Thompson (6'2" 208 Utah)
Damarius Travis (6'2" 218 Minn.)

McCourty, Harmon and Chung appear to be the best of this group. Killings, Thompson and Travis are all good sized and fast. Killings is making a good impression. If he gets the nod, then Ebner and Richards are the two on the bubble. Thompson and Travis could be Practice Squad players.
Agree on the CBs.
I'm not sold on Harmon I think he could be in trouble. Also I think Ebner is gone. I love his attitude and everything he brings but he mostly contributes on STs. With the potential roster this season guys like him and Bolden may get replaced with guys who can contribute more on the offense or defense. Slater is the only guy NE should keep who's primary role is STs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the CBs.
I'm not sold on Harmon I think he could be in trouble. Also I think Ebner is gone. I love his attitude and everything he brings but he mostly contributes on STs. With the potential roster this season guys like him and Bolden may get replaced with guys who can contribute more on the offense or defense. Slater is the only guy NE should keep who's primary role is STs.

Harmon is proven and in his prime. Other than McCourty, who else is going to bump Harmon?
Chung is in jeopardy next year - if not this year. Nobody else has shown anything at safety yet......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back over the biggest games in the past three or four years, Harmon's had an INT or pass defense that turned the game around in almost every one.

Just watched the Baltimore game of the 2014 season and he skied to close out Flacco's attempted comeback.

Harmon's a keeper.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back over the biggest games in the past three or four years, Harmon's had an INT or pass defense that turned the game around in almost every one.

Just watched the Baltimore game of the 2014 season and he skied to close out Flacco's attempted comeback.

Harmon's a keeper.

You are right. He has big moments. Logan Ryan has also. Another reason AD will be on this team. He has come up clutch so many times.

I watched that Raven game last week. :thumb:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harmon is proven and in his prime. Other than McCourty, who else is going to bump Harmon?
Chung is in jeopardy next year - if not this year. Nobody else has shown anything at safety yet......
I think Chung is here this year for sure. I think Richards could replace Harmon.
I'm not against Harmon but with all the potential talent on both offense and defense some of these guys will not be on the 53 man roster.
Harmon, Ebner, King, Richards?
It really comes down to what BB, Josh and Matt come up with?