• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves Made

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the conditions on the 2nd Rd. pick the Pens would owe to San Jose

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
More on Murray deal: the 2nd pick in 2014 based on Pitt winning 2 playoff rounds OR resigning him and if neither occurs, it's a 3rd in 2014

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey that was the d-man I recommended they get when Justasking asked us.

Anyway I am glad they got Murray also will help out the d-core, the lesser chance of seeing Engelland play on a nightly basis the better.

Unfortunately Despres will probably get sent down until another roster move trading away someone will occur.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey that was the d-man I recommended they get when Justasking asked us.

Anyway I am glad they got Murray also will help out the d-core, the lesser chance of seeing Engelland play on a nightly basis the better.

Unfortunately Despres will probably get sent down until another roster move trading away someone will occur.

:yo:

Well done!

I think you are right about Despres. He would step right in to Wilkes-Barre's lineup to fill Morrow's spot. It's too bad Bortuzzo can't be that guy, but he would not make it through waivers.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Murray and Morrow where both suggested by folks.. . nice crystal balling!

Well, from what I gather after listening to Shero is that no more movement, at least amongst roster defenseman will occur, and probably no more moves period. He was talking about carrying all 9 defenseman after April 3rd, when there is no roster limit... and depending on when Letang comes back, if its before April 3rd, and PROCEDURAL move well have to occur to get the team under the 23 man roster limit, until April 3rd, he then concluded with, the 9 guys we have now will be here after April 3rd.... so if Letang comes back, Despres gets sent down until April 3rd.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins have removed defenseman Kris Letang from the injured-reserve list and assigned rookie defenseman Simon Despres to their farm team in Wilkes-Barre. Despres does not have to clear waivers to join the Baby Penguins, and seems certain to be recalled after the 23-man roster limit ceases to be in effect April 3.

Exactly as what was predicted, here. Despres is the easiest asset to move being exempt from waiver claims. I'd imagine that if Geno gets healthy by Thursday and Shero hasn't made any other moves, it might be Beau Bennett who gets sent down to make room for Malkin coming back from IR.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Well, this isn't good. Pens are reporting that Letang broke a toe blocking a shot, last night. Also, he re-injured his nagging injury from before.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, add that to Fleury, and last night wasn't so great.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lsxqtogfSZ1r1wewoo1_1280.jpg

:yahoo:

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Iginla?? I mean he's going to be i the HOF but......

I honestly dont like it. Pens were in first place rolling like an 18-wheeler. They had added some grit already.

Look at the egos that now have to mesh into that dressing room. In a short amount of time.

Anything short of a Cup is a total failure now. I used to laugh at the Rangers when they would load like this every year, and fall short.

I'm glad Iggy is a Pen rather than a Bruin, but realllly.. was he needed?

So, now it's like this... a parade in June, or a laughing stock. And EITHER way, next year's roster looks kind of like downtown McKeesport

Oh well... BUCKLE UP.:omg:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mornin Emu! :yo:

Don't get too down on the ego thing. Iggy and Morrow are/were captains for their respective former teams'. I doubt there is going to be much of a problem with all that. Dupuis probably will lose his position on the top line with Sid and Kunitz, now... I don't see him having a problem skating with Sutter and Cooke, though, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly dont like it. Pens were in first place rolling like an 18-wheeler. They had added some grit already.

Look at the egos that now have to mesh into that dressing room. In a short amount of time.

Anything short of a Cup is a total failure now. I used to laugh at the Rangers when they would load like this every year, and fall short.

So, now it's like this... a parade in June, or a laughing stock. And EITHER way, next year's roster looks kind of like downtown McKeesport

As evolver said, ego's not going to be an issue with the Iggy trade. He's already said he would take any role the Penguins have for him. And he's having another pretty solid year offensively in Calgary, and that's on a team weak at center.

Iggy's a great player and a great leader, but perhaps most importantly, he approved this trade for the sole purpose of winning a Stanley Cup. He, Morrow, and Murray are all going to be very hungry for a Cup, and I think that's the biggest thing they've added. With Iggy in particular, as a future Hall of Famer, there's that little extra motivation.

I think these moves help the room, really. And they obviously help the talent level on the roster.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think ego will be an issue with Iginla and with Morrow. They brought in two guys that were team leaders and know how to lead teams not themselves.

Anyway moving Dupuis off the Crosby line honestly don't think it is as big a deal as some think. Yeah he is scoring but he really can be used on either line.

Finally I bet Bennett will be the roster casualty this time since he doesn't have to clear waivers.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Emu good to see you chatting here again!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?! I can see your point about don't fix it if it ain't broke, but you guys shouldn't be upset about this. I don't think you'll have to worry about Iginla's ego. He wants to win. Pens fans have zero reasons to be complaining right now. lol Enjoy it. Like you said it's Cup or bust for you guys this year. (Luckily you won't have to worry about facing Philly in the first round this year :lol:.)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obligatory line combo post.

14-87-12
10-71-18
24-16-9
27-46-48

Bennett to WBS recalled if someone in the top six gets injured, Jeffrey and Glass extra forwards.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think ego will be an issue with Iginla and with Morrow. They brought in two guys that were team leaders and know how to lead teams not themselves.

Anyway moving Dupuis off the Crosby line honestly don't think it is as big a deal as some think. Yeah he is scoring but he really can be used on either line.

Finally I bet Bennett will be the roster casualty this time since he doesn't have to clear waivers.

I think you're right, but would anyone really care if we lost Glass to waivers? :noidea:

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not upset, I LOVE Iginla. I just have a feeling it was to much.

When was the last time the big fish deadline trade led to a Cup?

Early 2000's?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right, but would anyone really care if we lost Glass to waivers? :noidea:

No, but they won't do it. They trust him enough to play him on the pk regularly; a spot Joe Vitale would be perfect for.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset, I LOVE Iginla. I just have a feeling it was to much.

When was the last time the big fish deadline trade led to a Cup?

Early 2000's?

Hmmmm....are you classifying Chris Kunitz (2009) and Jeff Carter (2012) as trade deadline deals?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmmmm....are you classifying Chris Kunitz (2009) and Jeff Carter (2012) as trade deadline deals?

They were deadline deals, but not the 'giant splash' ones. Hossa deal was... remember? How great that was, and so-on and so-forth. Kovalchuk to the Devils was huge.

I guess my point was...these super-star trades rarely equal the hype that they create in the long run. Hell, Dupuis went from the throw-in roster player to the best part of that Hossa trade.

And again, I have always loved Iginla. I'm glad he's here and I hope it works. I just hope they haven't added to many high performance parts to the engine of the race car.