• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ross now CB full time

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew he was being used there and it's not a surprise after Peters dismissal, but it's official that he is now no longer on offense and will be a full time corner.

From star receiver to starting cornerback, UW's John Ross III makes full-time switch to defense | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

“I’ve been working on this free-agent acquisition since January. My agent talked to his agent and we got everything squared away,” Lake, UW’s defensive backs coach, joked Tuesday. “To me, the sky’s the limit with this guy. He could be an exceptional corner. He looks like a lot of the guys I coached in the National Football League. He’s got that perfect size — that 5-10 to 6-1 range. Quick. Fast. Ball skills. Tough. And I’m excited to coach him.”

Kind of torn about this. Is he another Richard Sherman and this is a genius move? Or is it another band-aid that robs peter to pay paul? Or is it both? Does it really matter this year as the offense is a joke anyway? Is this a nice setup for next year's team that will need a lot of help on defense?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Band-aid that won't matter. Doesn't really make a difference because for whatever asinine reason, he was never involved in the offense anyways.

I feel like the Huskies were stupid for not incorporating him more on offense. He has Percy Harvin/DeSean Jackson type game-breaking speed.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew he was being used there and it's not a surprise after Peters dismissal, but it's official that he is now no longer on offense and will be a full time corner.

From star receiver to starting cornerback, UW's John Ross III makes full-time switch to defense | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times

Kind of torn about this. Is he another Richard Sherman and this is a genius move? Or is it another band-aid that robs peter to pay paul? Or is it both? Does it really matter this year as the offense is a joke anyway? Is this a nice setup for next year's team that will need a lot of help on defense?

I think it's stupid to move your most explosive player and biggest playmaker from one side of the ball to the other, but they've done that with their best playmaker on both sides so who the hell knows.

I'm still a fan of Petersen, but it sure seems like a lot of his moves are guesswork. I guess we'll see over the next few years if these things pay off.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported that Shaq is back to playing defense as a starter for this game and the feeling is he will be there full time. That means little to no offensive plays. No wonder why given the anemic performance by that defense last week.

So both Ross and Thompson are full time defense this week. Might slow down Arizona's offense, but can they even field 11 on offense themselves? :tsk:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported that Shaq is back to playing defense as a starter for this game and the feeling is he will be there full time. That means little to no offensive plays. No wonder why given the anemic performance by that defense last week.

So both Ross and Thompson are full time defense this week. Might slow down Arizona's offense, but can they even field 11 on offense themselves? :tsk:

See all the guys who picked him to get "over" 100 yards rushing in the pickems? :pound:

We gotta find the humor in these things...