• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose petitions for reinstatement

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again, in 50 years, baseball will be no more. It will a blip in the history books about a game that reached it's pinnacle before the cell phone and computer. Then died a horrible death because old farts couldn't figure a way to modernize and speed up a dead game of the 20th Century.
I think it will still be around. Ironically the thing that is making all of these sports more popular than ever is the thing that Pete Rose did.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will still be around. Ironically the thing that is making all of these sports more popular than ever is the thing that Pete Rose did.

Baseball is dying a slow death. TV viewership is down almost 40% from 1990. Of the 32 teams, only 27 can claim that they sell out for all home games. Once the "Old Guard" have ll passed, the guys that were born in 1940's and 50's. The game will make changes. The problem is that kids that were raised on Mario Bros. and Pacman can't stand the slow pace between every pitch. Worse, the teenagers playing Fortnight and Call to Arms will not watch baseball. My grandson has a 98 mph fastball and incredible control. The HS coach has begged him to play but he refuses. He says it's a waste of time. I tried to convince him that it might be a million dollar payday if he plays. "I can't spend my life waiting for a guy to adjust his batting gloves between every pitch." So he plays basketball and football where his mind doesn't go dead evry 40 seconds.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is dying a slow death. TV viewership is down almost 40% from 1990. Of the 32 teams, only 27 can claim that they sell out for all home games. Once the "Old Guard" have ll passed, the guys that were born in 1940's and 50's. The game will make changes. The problem is that kids that were raised on Mario Bros. and Pacman can't stand the slow pace between every pitch. Worse, the teenagers playing Fortnight and Call to Arms will not watch baseball. My grandson has a 98 mph fastball and incredible control. The HS coach has begged him to play but he refuses. He says it's a waste of time. I tried to convince him that it might be a million dollar payday if he plays. "I can't spend my life waiting for a guy to adjust his batting gloves between every pitch." So he plays basketball and football where his mind doesn't go dead evry 40 seconds.
yeah, you have a point. I really just wanted to be one of the rare internet posters that uses "ironically" correctly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kick it up a notch...you can buy fancy, fast cars and as much as pussy as you want. If he turns that down...I think he might need to go into figure skating

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i can't say what the Astros did is much different than Rose so he's got a point. Both destroy the credibility of the games in which they participated.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The guy with the most hits, ever, shouldn't be in the hall of fame.
My point was, Rose broke a MLB rule by betting on MLB games. Houston broke MLB rules by stealing sighs during the World Series. If Houston can still keep the World Series trophy, then why shouldn't Rose be in the HOF? I think that is Rose's thinking.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the "players" getting away with it. Houston didn't really get away with it. Though house could argue they did because they kept the win but still.

Rose will not win. Besides, he agreed to be permanently banned..... I do think as people have said, he probably will get in when he passes away
That was my point players got away with cheating, Houston players had to know that they were cheating. Houston got away with cheating, because they still have the World Series Trophy.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i can't say what the Astros did is much different than Rose so he's got a point. Both destroy the credibility of the games in which they participated.
Exactly my point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was, Rose broke a MLB rule by betting on MLB games. Houston broke MLB rules by stealing sighs during the World Series. If Houston can still keep the World Series trophy, then why shouldn't Rose be in the HOF? I think that is Rose's thinking.

You realize he bet on games as a manager, right? Don't put him in the HOF as a manager, fine, but his playing career has nothing to do with that. Houston was cheating...players, coaches, and management made a device so they could cheat. I mean why should Rose be banned for life when you could say what these players and coaches did was possibly worse..they get a one year suspension. Rose gets banned for life. Doesn't make much sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point players got away with cheating, Houston players had to know that they were cheating. Houston got away with cheating, because they still have the World Series Trophy.

Upper management and coaches got a 1 year suspension. Rose got a lifetime ban. Doesn't add up

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize he bet on games as a manager, right? Don't put him in the HOF as a manager, fine, but his playing career has nothing to do with that. Houston was cheating...players, coaches, and management made a device so they could cheat. I mean why should Rose be banned for life when you could say what these players and coaches did was possibly worse..they get a one year suspension. Rose gets banned for life. Doesn't make much sense.
Exactly, good point.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different commissioners. Giamatti had a hard on for Rose.
You're right, but the current commissioner can reverse Rose's suspension.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here's holding on every play in the NFL

all tackles are made by leading with the head.

and other bromides.

Baseball is a game of stats that happen on the field. All these other issues are just talking points.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a manager, not a player when he bet on games, no? Therefore it's different imo because he wasn't a player