• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl: Ohio St. is going down!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's truly being reflective that's the job that made him a legend.. I'm sure a fan said something

I could be wrong but at minimum I think he stays away five years or so...sticks with the associate AD gig and then if the fire still burns for him he will go back

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just popped in here and what the fuck are you going on about?

Are you saying the Minnesota would be relevant if they played in the PAC in CBB or CFB on a consistently?

As far as early 90s Huskies fans being arrogant for no reason at least they had a CFB National Championship and into the later part of the decade and into the 2000s some pretty good CBB teams as well.

Yes, Minnesota would have won more games almost EVERY YEAR of the last 20 years, if they were in the Pac vs the B1G in cbb.

As for the arrogance and the disrespect shown towards the B1G in cbb that 1996-97 season, how does cfb have anything to do with cbb results? And didn't Ohio St beat Arizona St in the Rose Bowl a few months prior to the 1997 NCAA bb tourney? So none of your reasonings make sense.

The Pac fans kept pointing to the 1995 & 1996 NCAA bb tournaments as proof the B1G was overrated in 1997? But who looks at past NCAA tournaments to try to predict future results? I mean the past can tell you a little bit, but you never can tell one year from another.

You should hope that is true, as the B1G pummels the Pac over the past 20 years in NCAA tourney success. I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think it's even close.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's truly being reflective that's the job that made him a legend.. I'm sure a fan said something

I could be wrong but at minimum I think he stays away five years or so...sticks with the associate AD gig and then if the fire still burns for him he will go back
Yes, he was responding to a Gator fan that yelled something out.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Minnesota would have won more games almost EVERY YEAR of the last 20 years, if they were in the Pac vs the B1G in cbb.

As for the arrogance and the disrespect shown towards the B1G in cbb that 1996-97 season, how does cfb have anything to do with cbb results? And didn't Ohio St beat Arizona St in the Rose Bowl a few months prior to the 1997 NCAA bb tourney? So none of your reasonings make sense.

The Pac fans kept pointing to the 1995 & 1996 NCAA bb tournaments as proof the B1G was overrated in 1997? But who looks at past NCAA tournaments to try to predict future results? I mean the past can tell you a little bit, but you never can tell one year from another.

You should hope that is true, as the B1G pummels the Pac over the past 20 years in NCAA tourney success. I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think it's even close.
If you are referring to CFB, the BIG 10 had a losing record vs the PAC in the 70's, 80's, 90's & 00's. So pretty sure your football team would have had a tougher time. If you wanna discuss CBB, we can take it over to the CBB board.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crying, just stating fact.

I was there in Seattle in the late 90s and all I heard was Pac fans trashing the B1G constantly and bragging on the Pac like it was the greatest conference ever. I took a ton of cash off of a bunch of them that bet against my Gophers in the 1997 NCAA bb tourney. Hell, some of those Pac fans were SO stupid they bet me that the Gophers would lose in the 1st round. I laughed all the way to the bank as that lowly B1G team won round after round all the way to the Final Four and I was smart enough not to blow all my winnings on the game vs Kentucky.

And since then, I've enjoyed watching just how bad the Pac has become in cbb and apparently in football as well.

Last I checked, in the NET rankings?

Pac = ZERO Top 25 NET ranked teams.
B1G = SIX Top 20 NET ranked teams.

6 > 0

Pac = ONE Top 50 NET ranked teams.
B1G = TEN Top 50 NET ranked teams.

10 > 1

So? Another season where the Pac Champ might end up in the NIT tourney? lol

Congrats on the last couple of years bringing you joy after decades of getting your ass kicked.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State won and the OP probably took the loss out on a youngin.

Reactions: gob

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to CFB, the BIG 10 had a losing record vs the PAC in the 70's, 80's, 90's & 00's. So pretty sure your football team would have had a tougher time. If you wanna discuss CBB, we can take it over to the CBB board.

You want to discuss CBB? I'll meet you over there.

Otherwise,
I was making a general comment about the arrogance of U-Dub fans, and it was mostly based on their attitude in regards to cbb. Whether their football prowess was so incredible that they deserved to be arrogant when talking about football is irrelevant. Dominating one sport doesn't give fans good reason to be arrogant regarding other sports as well, does it?

Now maybe a B1G fan with more knowledge of cfb will take up this argument regarding whether Pac fans deserved to be arrogant about their football or not, but whether they deserved to be arrogant or not, like I said, is irrelevant to my point being valid or not.

And I've never understood why cbb fans act like talking about cfb is a crime, and vice versa. Sports are sports, and valid points are valid points, and often illustrations from other sports are legitimate, but I'll try to avoid doing that.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not every year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the last couple of years bringing you joy after decades of getting your ass kicked.

Last couple of years? lol Maybe you are a cfb only fan, not me. I enjoy cbb, too. And college hockey and vb and wrestling, etc..

AND I'm a big fan of history. So MY TEAM/school has given me plenty to bring me joy!!!

And you think this is just "the last couple of years"???

I think it's a trend. B1G is trending upwards. Pac is trending downwards. Imo, I don't think the Pac will ever be what it once was. It will have a few good years here and there, which will be good, it would be boring if your conf just disappeared forever.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple of years? lol Maybe you are a cfb only fan, not me. I enjoy cbb, too. And college hockey and vb and wrestling, etc..

AND I'm a big fan of history. So MY TEAM/school has given me plenty to bring me joy!!!

And you think this is just "the last couple of years"???

I think it's a trend. B1G is trending upwards. Pac is trending downwards. Imo, I don't think the Pac will ever be what it once was. It will have a few good years here and there, which will be good, it would be boring if your conf just disappeared forever.

Yeah ,I don't follow wrestling. You got me there. You like Gladiator movies?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not every year.

I didn't say "every" year, I said, "almost EVERY YEAR". 14 of the last 20 years, approx., imo. 3 years would have been basically the same, as far as I can tell, imo. So 3 years out of the last 20 would have been worse, possibly?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ,I don't follow wrestling. You got me there. You like Gladiator movies?

Wrestling is big here in Minnesota. Gophers have won 3 Natl Titles in wrestling, 8 Natl Duals Titles and the U of Mn Wrestlers have gone on to start or build up other programs, Nationally renown programs, and has influenced Pro Wrestling in a big way as well.

Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Vern Gagne, Bronko Nagurski, Leo Nomellini just to name a few.

A former Gopher wrestler even went on to in a Nobel Peace Prize.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling is big here in Minnesota. Gophers have won 3 Natl Titles in wrestling, 8 Natl Duals Titles and the U of Mn Wrestlers have gone on to start or build up other programs, Nationally renown programs, and has influenced Pro Wrestling in a big way as well.

Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Vern Gagne, Bronko Nagurski, Leo Nomellini just to name a few.

A former Gopher wrestler even went on to in a Nobel Peace Prize.

Beach Volleyball is big here. Much rather watch these girls play than guys wrestle. But to each his own.
29717224_229541034277595_3688414667085971456_n.jpg

5ae69638ed8ae.image.jpg

USC_Trojans_vs_Cal_Bears_Pac_12_BVOL_20180427_121106_ADS.JPG

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beach Volleyball is big here. Much rather watch these girls play than guys wrestle. But to each his own.
29717224_229541034277595_3688414667085971456_n.jpg

5ae69638ed8ae.image.jpg

USC_Trojans_vs_Cal_Bears_Pac_12_BVOL_20180427_121106_ADS.JPG

I did list VB you know. But you focused on pointing out that I follow wrestling?? lol

Gophers produce top notch VB players, too. Including beach VB players I believe.

Our women's hockey players and our women's bb players and our women's Softball players and our women's Gymnasts and our women's swimming and diving teams and our women's soccer team are all Top 25 caliber teams every year almost.

And our Women's Dance Team is the #1 Dance Team of All-Time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did list VB you know. But you focused on pointing out that I follow wrestling?? lol

A former Gopher wrestler even went on to in a Nobel Peace Prize

Yeah, silly me.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to discuss CBB? I'll meet you over there.

Otherwise,
I was making a general comment about the arrogance of U-Dub fans, and it was mostly based on their attitude in regards to cbb. Whether their football prowess was so incredible that they deserved to be arrogant when talking about football is irrelevant. Dominating one sport doesn't give fans good reason to be arrogant regarding other sports as well, does it?

Now maybe a B1G fan with more knowledge of cfb will take up this argument regarding whether Pac fans deserved to be arrogant about their football or not, but whether they deserved to be arrogant or not, like I said, is irrelevant to my point being valid or not.

And I've never understood why cbb fans act like talking about cfb is a crime, and vice versa. Sports are sports, and valid points are valid points, and often illustrations from other sports are legitimate, but I'll try to avoid doing that.

You aren't fond of brevity, are you?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, silly me.

This IS a football forum, right? So you apparently enjoy watching men run around throwing and catching and carrying footballs around. So not sure the difference? Wrestling is the only sport God himself participated in. :)