• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo deal reworked, boys now 1 Million over cap

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Jerry really wants Romo to be his QB until he dies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Jerry really wants Romo to be his QB until he dies.

"Romo signed a six-year contract extension last year worth $108 million that included $55 million in guaranteed money. The Cowboys designed the contract to be restructured in the second year of the deal to create the room"

Not for nothing dip stick but you throw your troll shit out to any board it will stick.
Funny part?....you consider yourself some higher authority while most see you as the troll you are

onward Locker...........:yahoo::laugh3:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Romo signed a six-year contract extension last year worth $108 million that included $55 million in guaranteed money. The Cowboys designed the contract to be restructured in the second year of the deal to create the room"

Not for nothing dip stick but you throw your troll shit out to any board it will stick.
Funny part?....you consider yourself some higher authority while most see you as the troll you are

onward Locker...........:yahoo::laugh3:

Oh come on now PDay, what he said isn't that rough and you know he's not the only one that feels that contract is questionable. We all knew it was 100% going to be restructured, but any time the Dallas QB gets onto ESPN we will get visitors by those who are jealous of the Star :happy:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous? :laugh3:

How much dead money do you have in your bad QB now?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the negotiations with Ware begin. He will be asked to take a paycut. I think he possibly will do it. His agent obviously will not like it. Ware needs to agree to a suggs type deal

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's paycut or trade for him

Not sure how much you could get in a trade for him with his high salary and injury history. My guess is the Cowboys would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him at this point. Most likely if they can't get him to take a pay cut it will be he is cut himself.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous? :laugh3:

How much dead money do you have in your bad QB now?

about $4M more than you do (since bad is a questionable term), it looks like from my quick glance.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry sucks, but I have to credit him and his people; they always find a way to work the cap even when things seem impossible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have mentioned this entire offseason those three contracts would get us even with the cap along with cut of Durant, Costa, and Parnell. Nothing major at all. Only question now is what do you do with Ware and Austin, and do we restructure Witten and Carr. Like I said could be about 25MM in cap space if they really want to create it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have mentioned this entire offseason those three contracts would get us even with the cap along with cut of Durant, Costa, and Parnell. Nothing major at all. Only question now is what do you do with Ware and Austin, and do we restructure Witten and Carr. Like I said could be about 25MM in cap space if they really want to create it.

First we have to get below the cap by 3/11. The cuts and major moves can wait a bit longer. Gotta get complaint, then you can take time to renegotiate the deals that you aren't quite sure what to do. Looks like we did that by redoing three guys that definitely have a future here, and will leave the guys like Miles and Ware, who might just be straight up cuts, for another day.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about $4M more than you do (since bad is a questionable term), it looks like from my quick glance.

Bad isn't questionable. Tony Romo is well below average.

Brady's contract has a lot of dead money, true, but he is well below market value in total compensation. Romo is not by any means.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anyone ever questioned the ability to get under the cap. Everyone knew that it would happen and the likely way that it would happen. It's not like a team has a choice.

As I've said all along anyone can do the Math, but there is more to building a team correctly than teh Jones' restructuring to get under the cap and then high fiving each other that we did it every year. What was questioned by most (well, at least by me) was whether or not we SHOULD do some of this and whether we are better off in the long run or not for it. Also, we have $10M more than originally expected. What Jerry will do and what we would like him to do don't always line up. Perfect example is Romo. I didn't read the article, so I'm not sure how much of his money was pushed into a future cap year(s), but that may hurt us at some point. The idea of the contract was to keep restrucutring (the contract was done before 2 back surgeries), so we all knew it was going to happen but that doesn't mean it's smart in the long run to keep doing so. Cap dollars don't go away, they just move into different years.

I think what we have done so far this year are all smart moves. I would only restructure guys that you expect to be here for a few more years and Romo, Lee and Scandrick all fit that description IMO. If we restructure Ware (without a big pay cut included) or Miles I would be very disappointed.