• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rollins is a Dodger

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Rollins was to replace Dee? Rollins contract is expiring after this season. It's a stop gap to Seager. Plus, Utley might be in the mix, MASSIVE upgrade over Dee.

If Utley and Hamels get added, then the Dodgers turn around and trade Matt Kemp for Grandal and prospects as well, then we may be looking at this front office fixing most of their problems in a matter of mere months.

The Dee Gordon trade matters a lot less after that, I admit.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Utley and Hamels get added, then the Dodgers turn around and trade Matt Kemp for Grandal and prospects as well, then we may be looking at this front office fixing most of their problems in a matter of mere months.

The Dee Gordon trade matters a lot less after that, I admit.

Exactly, let it play out at the very least. And it may not work out to perfection, but it appears a strategy is in place for a change.

As for Lester and the bluff... I have no proof other than they did not sign him and the Dodgers were never a front runner nor called by Lester (like the Giants were) once he made his decision nor did any front office personnel acknowledge Lester in even a denial.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a believer in Dee Gordon. However, watching as many Phillies games as I do living in the area, I can tell you that Rollins is washed up. Still plays good defense but is a shell of his former offensive self and he is injury prone. Chase Utley is also not the same player he once was and is injury prone. Cole Hamels is above average but he's a real diva. Can't start pitching until late April. WILL NOT EVER pitch on short rest. Don't even ask him. And more than 15 wins in a regular season only once, in 2012.

Now Andrew Heaney is sent to Anaheim for Howie Kendrick? WTF are we doing here. I know Freidman is used to working for a team with a small budget but does he remember the Dodgers are the opposite?

Hanley gone. Kemp on the move? Gonzo doesn't have the power he used to. Where is the power in this lineup?

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a believer in Dee Gordon. However, watching as many Phillies games as I do living in the area, I can tell you that Rollins is washed up. Still plays good defense but is a shell of his former offensive self and he is injury prone. Chase Utley is also not the same player he once was and is injury prone. Cole Hamels is above average but he's a real diva. Can't start pitching until late April. WILL NOT EVER pitch on short rest. Don't even ask him. And more than 15 wins in a regular season only once, in 2012.

Now Andrew Heaney is sent to Anaheim for Howie Kendrick? WTF are we doing here. I know Freidman is used to working for a team with a small budget but does he remember the Dodgers are the opposite?

Hanley gone. Kemp on the move? Gonzo doesn't have the power he used to. Where is the power in this lineup?

If Hamels is a 4th starter I have no issues with his pitching on 5 days.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, am glad Gordon is out of the division. Dude was a nightmare on the base paths.

Kemp gone, Hanley gone, Gordon gone... bring in 2 aging infielders and McCrusty? What is your ownership thinking?! I do like Grandal and I get that it frees up salary by dealing Kemp, but whaaaat is going on here?

They must have another big move or two coming.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one, am glad Gordon is out of the division. Dude was a nightmare on the base paths.

Kemp gone, Hanley gone, Gordon gone... bring in 2 aging infielders and McCrusty? What is your ownership thinking?! I do like Grandal and I get that it frees up salary by dealing Kemp, but whaaaat is going on here?

Shedding payroll to enact a new strategy. The Dodgers have not had a strategy since Fred Claire.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it looks as if Gordon was replaced by Howie Kendrick. And like Rollins, he is in a contract year and is a stop gap for a year so Alex Guerrero can continue progressing. I like the move.

Also it looks as if the Rollins deal is now going to become Rollins and Hamels with us sending the two original prospects for Rollins and the two prospects we got for Kemp to Philly.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick > Utley. I'd say things are working out pretty well for the Dodgers. Friedman said that he would be adding 2 starting pitchers after trading Dan Haren, we have McCarthy, there's 1 more on the way.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have McCarthy, there's 1 more on the way.

And his name is COLE HAMELS!! Book it. That is why the Rollins deal has not been completed yet.

So as it stands right now here is what our lineup will look like on Opening Day:

Jimmy Rollins SS
Carl Crawford LF
Yasiel Puig RF
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Yasmani Grandal C
Juan Uribe 3B
Howie Kendrick 2B
Joc Pederson CF

And (potentially) our rotation would be Kershaw,Grienke,Hamels,Ryu and McCarthy

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad roster KSU, Rollins and Kendrick both on contract years so we should see them perform at a high level. Kendrick is one of the better 2nd basemen in the league so I'm not sure why folks are up in arms about that, we can always let him go next year if he doesn't work out.

Now all we have to do is find someone to take Crawford and Ethier off our hands. I'm impressed they managed to convince a team that Miguel Rojas was actually worth taking.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys upgraded at second base. Howie isn't the base stealing threat that Gordon is, but he's better at the plate and in the field. As an Angels fan, I'll miss him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they trade Dee Gordon?

Gordon's season was basically based on a good couple of months to start the season. He fell off pretty dramatically after that. His speed on the basepaths is a great weapon, but his on base percentage after the first couple of months was below average.

If memory serves, Mattingly even sat him down for a few games later in the season because he was playing poorly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kemp is addition by subtraction. Counting Joc Pederson being deemed ready for the bigs, the Dodgers would have had 5 outfielders. Kemp was the easiest to trade both in terms of what he brings back and he caused issues in the locker room last year over playing time and being moved out of centerfield.

Rollins and Kendrick are a huge upgrade defensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the two OF still possibly trade worthy, I would rather keep Crawford since he is a switch hitter. Send Ethier to Houston for a prospect or two.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the two OF still possibly trade worthy, I would rather keep Crawford since he is a switch hitter. Send Ethier to Houston for a prospect or two.

Agree, although I'd prefer to see them get a reliable middle reliever and/or set up man for him.