• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell salary team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell's an employee, just like the players. The difference being,if Goodell quit his job today. No one would care or notice. If Aaron Rodgers or Von Miller or Antonio Brown quit today people would notice.

His employers would care a lot more about Goodell leaving than Von Miller.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference being,if Goodell quit his job today. No one would care or notice.

Seriously...is this some sort of joke?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would trouble NFL owners if Goodell quit tomorrow?

$31mil of his $35mil earned in 2013 was bonus/incentive compensation. Why do you think the owners choose to pay him that much???

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$31mil of his $35mil earned in 2013 was bonus/incentive compensation. Why do you think the owners choose to pay him that much???

I can't call it, but I'm guessing you're gonna say something outlandish like Goodell earned it or something just as whacky.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call it, but I'm guessing you're gonna say something outlandish like Goodell earned it or something just as whacky.

With an incentive based contract there are certain numbers he is required to hit. So my guess is the NFL grew so much from this year compared to last so his bonus goes up such a percentage of how much more the NFL makes over a certain point.

I would guess they have things in there for arrests in the NFL as discipline is a huge part of his job so the less arrests there are in a year the better the NFL can look. Well arrests have been down in the NFL since Goodell took over.

Another could be getting a team to LA considering the owners have wanted that to happen for a while.

To me yes the NFL would think Goodell leaving would be a much bigger deal than that of Von Miller or Rodgers. Plenty of star players have retired even in their prime and the league kept moving on. Not too often that we switch Commissioners though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wilkerson & Kawaan Short at DE, and Olivier Vernon at DT?

Apparently, USA Today isn't exactly breaking the bank on sports writers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be new to capitalism & how much CEOs of billion dollar businesses earn.

What other billion dollar business has 32 executives worth more than the CEO? Your comparison is invalid. Period.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell's an employee, just like the players. The difference being,if Goodell quit his job today. No one would care or notice. If Aaron Rodgers or Von Miller or Antonio Brown quit today people would notice.

Truth.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what? And that bonus was decided when? And by whom? Data points don't matter if you have no idea how they got there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With an incentive based contract there are certain numbers he is required to hit. So my guess is the NFL grew so much from this year compared to last so his bonus goes up such a percentage of how much more the NFL makes over a certain point.

I would guess they have things in there for arrests in the NFL as discipline is a huge part of his job so the less arrests there are in a year the better the NFL can look. Well arrests have been down in the NFL since Goodell took over.

Another could be getting a team to LA considering the owners have wanted that to happen for a while.

To me yes the NFL would think Goodell leaving would be a much bigger deal than that of Von Miller or Rodgers. Plenty of star players have retired even in their prime and the league kept moving on. Not too often that we switch Commissioners though.

They would easily replace him and suffer nothing. Commissioners don't switch often because they don't need to. They don't do much bad and they don't do much good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would easily replace him and suffer nothing. Commissioners don't switch often because they don't need to. They don't do much bad and they don't do much good.

They are the face of a multi-billion industry. Really people only pay attention when things do not look good. Billionaires though have entrusted this guy to lead a huge business. I would say that is a pretty good endorsement of what he does. You can think he does very little but I would bet he does a lot more than you think. He wouldn't be making this kind of money from billionaires unless they thought he was doing his job well. Many of these guys have made their money because they have been smart money people who don't just give away millions of dollars for no reason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the face of a multi-billion industry. Really people only pay attention when things do not look good. Billionaires though have entrusted this guy to lead a huge business. I would say that is a pretty good endorsement of what he does. You can think he does very little but I would bet he does a lot more than you think. He wouldn't be making this kind of money from billionaires unless they thought he was doing his job well. Many of these guys have made their money because they have been smart money people who don't just give away millions of dollars for no reason.

Why was Tagliabue so bad?

I'm not sure what you think would suffer if Roger was hit by a bus tomorrow? Somebody has to run the non-franchise specific office paper pusher stuff, organize get-togethers, call people, ask around for opinions and find common ground. And somebody would.

A less good commissioner would do what more poorly?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me yes the NFL would think Goodell leaving would be a much bigger deal than that of Von Miller or Rodgers. Plenty of star players have retired even in their prime and the league kept moving on. Not too often that we switch Commissioners though..

Making the kinda jack he does, I can see why. They'd have to pry my corpse away from my office desk and chair if I were commissioner.

I also read or heard, I think I read it somewhere on SportsHoopla in fact/ That every NFL owner pulled in 226 million dollars last year. I dunno if that's true, but if so, all i can say is.................Good grief!!! football players are fuckin stupid.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His employers would care a lot more about Goodell leaving than Von Miller.

Why? How many asses is Goodell putting in seats at Mile High? Or in front of their televisions on Sun. Cuz the main bread winner(s) of the house. Kicked in another $300.00 this year to DirecTV to watch Goodell sit at his commish desk on in a Mile High sky-box?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? How many asses is Goodell putting in seats at Mile High? Or in front of their televisions on Sun. Cuz the main bread winner(s) of the house. Kicked in another $300.00 this year to DirecTV to watch Goodell sit at his commish desk on in a Mile High sky-box?

Because he is seen as being a huge reason why the league is so dominant financially.

Nate Silver argues that the owners are overvaluing Goodell.

NFL Owners May Be Overvaluing Goodell

Which may be true but they aren't paying Goodell that absurd salary because he's a swell fella. They think that is his worth.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Tagliabue so bad?

I'm not sure what you think would suffer if Roger was hit by a bus tomorrow? Somebody has to run the non-franchise specific office paper pusher stuff, organize get-togethers, call people, ask around for opinions and find common ground. And somebody would.

A less good commissioner would do what more poorly?

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. For me I view these billionaires as all agreeing that this man is worth the money they are paying him. I view it as they really like what he is doing otherwise they would fire him in a heartbeat. These guys usually have a history of being very cold and calculated. They view this as a business to make money and if that isn't happening people are getting fired very quickly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the kinda jack he does, I can see why. They'd have to pry my corpse away from my office desk and chair if I were commissioner.

I also read or heard, I think I read it somewhere on SportsHoopla in fact/ That every NFL owner pulled in 226 million dollars last year. I dunno if that's true, but if so, all i can say is.................Good grief!!! football players are fuckin stupid.

From what I understand that is the overall share of what each made but out of that still has to come all the costs. My dad has the same thing of his overall pay looks incredible but then out of that he pays his office workers, office expenses, taxes, and anything else. So when you actually look at what he takes home it isn't as much as you would think.

Now with the NFL it is hard to tell completely what all each owner makes. A great example is that of Jerry Jones in he is willing to rent out the stadium during the off season which he gets a nice little profit off that. Not every stadium has a ton of off season events though. We do however have the Green Bay Packers financial records available. In the 2013/14 season after all player contracts, stadium costs, and whatever else they ended up with a net profit of $25.3 million. I would guess most teams it is something similar to that when just talking football operations for the team.