• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Absolutely no settlement with Tom Brady!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the type of quality threads that makes Hammer our fearless leader

Great work as usual

Look at the way people piled on Lance Armstrong.

Brady is the Lance Armstrong of his sport. People dropping Macho Man elbow drops on him isn't even enough piling on.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly yes. The court agreed.

And frankly yes, it falls in line with other major sports.

If he stuck with the 2-game suspension, do you feel that would have "damaged the shield"? Would the league have taken a bad PR hit?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stuck with the 2-game suspension, do you feel that would have "damaged the shield"? Would the league have taken a bad PR hit?

But they did.

Rice won his appeal. And then collected damages.

So basically yes, it was 2 games.

And look the league was fine, and there's an 83% chance the Ravens profited form their little come to our store to swap jerseys" day.

Why? Because they had 1000s of visitors without any paid advertising.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they did.

Rice won his appeal. And then collected damages.

So basically yes, it was 2 games.

And look the league was fine, and there's an 83% chance the Ravens profited form their little come to our store to swap jerseys" day.

Why? Because they had 1000s of visitors without any paid advertising.

Nobody cares about Rice's appeal (except Rice). They care about what the league's stance on it was.

My point is...people can blast Goodell for his handling of the situation (and actually that's what it all became about, not Rice decking his fiancee in an elevator), but I won't. There was no precedent to this situation.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody cares about Rice's appeal (except Rice). They care about what the league's stance on it was.

My point is...people can blast Goodell for his handling of the situation (and actually that's what it all became about, not Rice decking his fiancee in an elevator), but I won't. There was no precedent to this situation.

Yes there was. It was zero.

Goodell raised it to 2.

But we have the whiny social justice warriors of the world who lost their minds.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what Chapman got, look at what Brittney Griner got.

They're both within the ballpark of what Rice got. And yet 2 were applauded, and one was condemned.

Now that I've complimented Goodell twice in one day, I'm gonna go shower...until August.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there was. It was zero.

Goodell raised it to 2.

But we have the whiny social justice warriors of the world who lost their minds.

What I mean by precedent is that there was no other incident caught on video for everyone to see. Nobody could shrug and say it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. A 2-game suspension was not going to cut it (without hurting the league's image greatly). It was Goodell's job to make sure that damage was held to a minimum. The appeal and overturn does not mean Goodell made a mistake lengthening the penalty.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL had full access to Brady's texts (they dont just go away dummies). They decided in court not to request them (geez I wonder why). They did not release any measured data, and they did not release any measurements made in the subsequent year.

The collective bargaining agreement allows Rodger to do all this. He chose not to punish teams who were caught on video the previous year tampering/heating up balls on the sidelines.

Did Brady ask for the balls to be at the lower limits? My guess is yes. Is the penalty different than those other incidents, absolutely. Did Rodger abuse his power to defame a organization and Brady.

We will see. Brady will take the NFL to court on this, and he has all the evidence to suggest he was defamed with fair considerations

Legal analyst Michael McCann: Tom Brady has case for defamation suit vs. NFL

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be guidelines set and followed for every team and player. He was all over the place with the Ray Rice situation

Eh, that situation is always going to be adversarial. The rules are collectively bargained.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their trailer has a basement?
It's an upscale trailer. Located in tornado alley. It makes perfect sense.
Rex lets do a gofund me page and get him some tampons for now ,and then a set of testicles
A gallon of Midol would be cheaper. But whatever you decide I'm in. I have a friend with a tissue business I can probably get us a deal if you think that will help?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what Chapman got, look at what Brittney Griner got.

They're both within the ballpark of what Rice got. And yet 2 were applauded, and one was condemned.

Now that I've complimented Goodell twice in one day, I'm gonna go shower...until August.
I recommend you gargle with salt water and vinegar as well:lol:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duuuuude

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

What was the contest?

And why didnt i win?
Cuz you have many recipes for cooking cock? Who eats cock anyway, personally chick is better, juz sayin ...

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the court going to say fuck off to Brady and his expensive lawyers?

I am guessing after the NBA finals so that the sports world have something to talk about.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the court going to say fuck off to Brady and his expensive lawyers?

I am guessing after the NBA finals so that the sports world have something to talk about.

It's going to hurt when they agree to re-do things.....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is true... Should Goodell have punished him harsher for hitting his fiance??? Hell no, he handed out an insane punishment for non-felony domestic violence that didn't even get prosecuted. Rice's initial punishment was harsher than the COMBINED punishments for domestic violence handed out by the NBA, NHL, and MLB... EVER. All sports which have had multiple charges and convictions for DV.

What Goodell should have punished for was knowing the video would probably get out. That it didn't matter that Rice and his fiance made up, that he was seeking help. All that matters is the public perception of it, and put something on film and that usually impacts that in a HUGE way.

Seriously, look at Brandon Marshall.

1 Physical abuse of his girlfriend.
2 Punched his girlfriend and stole her purse.
3 back to back police visits for screaming at each other.
4 Charge of domestic violence and false imprisonment
5 threw a rock at her in the car
6 Cut his GF with a knife and punched her in the face.
7 Punched and choked her.
8 Punched her again..

All separate incidents all had the police involved and got a 1 game suspension and no outrage. Why? No video. As "unfair" as this sounds, it shouldn't matter that Rice got double the suspension as Marshall for being a MUCH better boyfriend than him. If there was a chance of that video being out, Goodell should lay down the hammer.

And I think that's right. Goodell isn't there to punish based on the severity of a situation from a court side of things. For example, yelling the N word 20 times at people in a bar on video would get you less of a sentence than not paying your taxes. But from the NFL's perspective the first probably should get a stiffer punishment.