• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Absolutely no settlement with Tom Brady!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a better employee, you'd make more money. If you were a brighter poster, the Hoop would be better off.

Just like your NW counterpart, you can tell that you're winning an argument when you go personal.

Look, I don't make up the words, I just know what they mean. If you have a problem with what 'losing money' means, take it up with the accounting profession.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think the owners would hire someone for a little less money then. I guess they are all just idiots and have no idea what they are doing.

BTW...Charles Manson or Howdy Doody??? What an odd pairing.

I thought that you knew how it works in sports Money. A guy get a job as commissioner and stays in it till he is ready to retire. The Rozelle's for 29, years, Tagliabue for 17 etc etc. Christ Obama has been in office for 8 years so he must be doing a great hob to win his 2nd election. Owners don't like to rock the boat and stir up shit unless your an Al Davis.

When is a mass murderer and the other one is a doll and people including myself would still watch the NFL. The recent one is a fucking clown and I'm still watching

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that you knew how it works in sports Money. A guy get a job as commissioner and stays in it till he is ready to retire. The Rozelle's for 29, years, Tagliabue for 17 etc etc. Christ Obama has been in office for 8 years so he must be doing a great hob to win his 2nd election. Owners don't like to rock the boat and stir up shit unless your an Al Davis.

When is a mass murderer and the other one is a doll and people including myself would still watch the NFL. The recent one is a fucking clown and I'm still watching

I understand your bias against him, but Goodell is doing exactly what the owners want him to do (and very effectively I might add).

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your bias against him, but Goodell is doing exactly what the owners want him to do (and very effectively I might add).

What he is doing is good for the same.

he's punishing the cheaters who make outcomes questionable.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like your NW counterpart, you can tell that you're winning an argument when you go personal.

Look, I don't make up the words, I just know what they mean. If you have a problem with what 'losing money' means, take it up with the accounting profession.

Ok, you win. How about there was money to be made that he failed to earn. I can live with that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which NFL owners are 'losing' money?
Ok, you win. How about there was money to be made that he failed to earn. I can live with that.

Absolutely. Like I said in my first post in the thread, I understand the defense. But when you gild the lilly, it takes away from your point, doesn't add to it.

If Roger gets shown the door, it won't be because of money.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have any bias towards him, he is just too inconsistent, wishy washy and an ego head from all the accounts I read. I didn't like him when he started out with the Jets organization, because that is the one team I like the least. I don't think he is doing exactly what the owners want , but your entitled to your opinion. There should be guidelines set and followed for every team and player. He was all over the place with the Ray Rice situation

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any bias towards him, he is just too inconsistent, wishy washy and an ego head from all the accounts I read. I didn't like him when he started out with the Jets organization, because that is the one team I like the least. I don't think he is doing exactly what the owners want , but your entitled to your opinion. There should be guidelines set and followed for every team and player. He was all over the place with the Ray Rice situation

Domestic violence in the league was flat out ignored by every one of his predecessors. Also...the guidelines that did exist for domestic violence didn't come close to satisfying public outcry. Just to make sure I understand your point...are you saying he should have stuck with a 2-game suspension with Rice?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic violence in the league was flat out ignored by every one of his predecessors. Also...the guidelines that did exist for domestic violence didn't come close to satisfying public outcry. Just to make sure I understand your point...are you saying he should have stuck with a 2-game suspension with Rice?

To be clear, I could give a rat's ass what he gave Rice. I personally as you recall lambasted Rice for hitting a women. Me and OS went round and round because I don't condone anyone hitting a women, child or an elderly person. I lost respect for AP making his son bleed with the branch, but how do you punch your fiance or any women in the face, bad enough to knock her out. I have never shit on another team here or players because I live in the real world and don't live in glass houses. I have done a lot in my past that I am not proud of and don't worry about the the Jones's do down the street

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with this. I was baffled by a lot of his decisions. Especially the onside kick versus the Eagles. Dumb Dumb Dumb!
Me too. Belichick sucks. Head scratcher how he still has a job

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I could give a rat's ass what he gave Rice. I personally as you recall lambasted Rice for hitting a women. Me and OS went round and round because I don't condone anyone hitting a women, child or an elderly person. I lost respect for AP making his son bleed with the branch, but how do you punch your fiance or any women in the face, bad enough to knock her out. I have never shit on another team here or players because I live in the real world and don't live in glass houses. I have done a lot in my past that I am not proud of and don't worry about the the Jones's do down the street

You brought up Goodell's handling of the Rice situation. That is what I'm trying to clarify. If you wanted Goodell to not "be all over the place", then I'm guessing you feel he should have stuck with the 2-game suspension since that is what the league had in place as far as discipline.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it is possible for any commissioner to do exactly what the owners want. That would require 32 billionaires to agree on everything.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You brought up Goodell's handling of the Rice situation. That is what I'm trying to clarify. If you wanted Goodell to not "be all over the place", then I'm guessing you feel he should have stuck with the 2-game suspension since that is what the league had in place as far as discipline.

Sure if he gave Rice a 2 game suspension, he should have bit the bullett and stayed with the original sentence. I would hate to have a judge give me 1 sentence and then decide to change it. The only way I could see that happening is if the person I assaulted died, then it's a different matter

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is possible for any commissioner to do exactly what the owners want. That would require 32 billionaires to agree on everything.

exactly Scooby That's why when someone says :"He is doing exactly what the owners want," they are talking out of their ass

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly yes. The court agreed.

And frankly yes, it falls in line with other major sports.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the majority rule.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the type of quality threads that makes Hammer our fearless leader

Great work as usual

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79