• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodriguez buyout doubles if leaves for WVU

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples 52m
More
Sorry, here's breakdown on those Arizona contracts. Also, RichRod's buyout doubles if he leaves for West Virginia. http://azregents.asu.edu/boardbook/Board%20Agenda%20Books/2014-06%20board%20book.pdf …

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know… you read crap on message boards and cipher through it all. What is BS… what is true.

We hear and read that there are deep pockets poised to buy-out Dana's contract to bring Rich back to Morgantown.

Tonight… you read this new story about Rich's extension… and, you realize… there has to be truth to the boys ready to make Rich the HC of the Mountaineers again.

Wild shit…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about Earth shattering, if we sink this year and make a change then I guess we could do much worse but good night this fan base would be reality tv waiting to happen :laugh3:.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally never want him to come back...1. I think he basically told us all we were not good enough, more important because he was one of us 2. I am not sure what he has done since leaving that warrants a glorious return? This isn't 2005 anymore and we are not in the BE. Look at his record vs ranked teams since leaving....hell look at his overall record since leaving.

I was a big RR guy and loved his offense, but if we bring him back he will want people to kiss his feet....bet on it.

Either way I still thin DH is going to right this ship...our record may not improve through the roof, but I think the play is going to improve.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally never want him to come back...1. I think he basically told us all we were not good enough, more important because he was one of us 2. I am not sure what he has done since leaving that warrants a glorious return? This isn't 2005 anymore and we are not in the BE. Look at his record vs ranked teams since leaving....hell look at his overall record since leaving.

I was a big RR guy and loved his offense, but if we bring him back he will want people to kiss his feet....bet on it.

Either way I still thin DH is going to right this ship...our record may not improve through the roof, but I think the play is going to improve.
:agree:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Bill Snyder finding himself back on the sidelines and being successful can anyone name another coach who returned to their previous job and was successful?..I can't even recall that many doing it...I have to reach back to Johnny Majors and we all know how that turned out.......

and let's be honest other than the Transformers and The Fast and Furious how many sequels are really better than the original movie!!..:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several people seem to feel it is certain that Rich will be back on the WVU sidelines. Not too sure how they can be so sure.

I have mixed emotions. A few years ago, I was really pissed about how he left. The years have softened me. After reading through the depositions from the lawsuit, it confirmed my belief that he did not want to leave WVU to take the UofM job. But, he was backed into a corner and made a choice out of emotion when he felt the WVU President failed to have his back like he was lead to believe.

If he takes over WVU in the near future, it will be interesting to see how successful he is this time. He no longer will lead an innovative offense, and he will compete in a conference that is more than 1-2 deep.

My support for Coach Holgorsen will not waiver. I support whomever is the HC of my alma mater until they are replaced. It is just the way I roll…

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact that the buyout increased if he accepts employment with the "University of West Virginia". In reality, one million is chump change compared to what paid to get out of the Big East.

I am fine if he stays in Arizona. When he came here he had something new and innovative. Now every coach knows his offense. Bradley would probably be a better recruiter also.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several people seem to feel it is certain that Rich will be back on the WVU sidelines. Not too sure how they can be so sure.

I have mixed emotions. A few years ago, I was really pissed about how he left. The years have softened me. After reading through the depositions from the lawsuit, it confirmed my belief that he did not want to leave WVU to take the UofM job. But, he was backed into a corner and made a choice out of emotion when he felt the WVU President failed to have his back like he was lead to believe.

If he takes over WVU in the near future, it will be interesting to see how successful he is this time. He no longer will lead an innovative offense, and he will compete in a conference that is more than 1-2 deep.

My support for Coach Holgorsen will not waiver. I support whomever is the HC of my alma mater until they are replaced. It is just the way I roll…
:omg:

Are you telling me you are finally seeing things the way I saw them when they happened??...I just fell out of my chair!..:laugh3::suds:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time heals old wounds friends. Believe that.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Bill Snyder finding himself back on the sidelines and being successful can anyone name another coach who returned to their previous job and was successful?..I can't even recall that many doing it...I have to reach back to Johnny Majors and we all know how that turned out.......

and let's be honest other than the Transformers and The Fast and Furious how many sequels are really better than the original movie!!..:suds:

We are about to see Bobby P at UL give it a go and I believe Mike Riley at Oregon State is a return guy as well

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say not too many recent examples..forgot about Alvarez at Wisky...IMHO once that book has been read you don't need to pick it up again.....

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since there is no "University of West Virginia", I guess he's safe to go wherever he wants. :D

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be a piece of crap person but at least Fraud can coach, I think he used up all the good will and will not be back.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WVU will be okay with Rodriguez as the coach. IF Dana gets it done, stick with him. If not... RR is not a bad backup. I can forgive...just not forget.