• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Roadtrip @ Mets, Reds, Rays

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to fangraphs mariners will face following:
SPConnor Phillips (mlb debut)
Lyon Richardson (Aaa pitcher)
Zach littell (4.42 era in rotation)
Taj bradley (6.85 era last 10 starts)
Aaron Civale
Zach Eflin
Reid detmers (7.56 last 9 starts)
Patrick Sandoval
Jamie barria

Any guesses on how many of these pitchers we'll make look like Cy Young contenders?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta explain how a generational talent doesn't fit in Seattle
I get bot points on this. One guy does not make a team in baseball, but an extremely talented player is so much better add than the La Stella's and Wong's of baseball.

But I don't see it. Stanton will stick with his 'winning plan' of draft, develop and admiring of homegrown talent...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..if othani wants to get.that angels.
Off his la pell.(suit)..maybe he should go to the .
Padres..1st

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get bot points on this. One guy does not make a team in baseball, but an extremely talented player is so much better add than the La Stella's and Wong's of baseball.

But I don't see it. Stanton will stick with his 'winning plan' of draft, develop and admiring of homegrown talent...
If otahni .would have came to the mariners.
Ohh.
Let's say before..Castillo..
Then.it would be different..
But it just..late in the game...

Castillo..
Ohtani....or ..Snell..L/L .Snell fits
Kerby..
Ray L/L..at this time next year
Gilbert..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not.to.long..before .gm..jack..Z..
Marineres .had gm.of Philis..
So they like to go .L R L R..
For all .those baseball..reasons.
Pat gillick..
I think..I could be wrong.on the name.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans ..I.like snell..a left handed.guy..good..
With fans..
So far ...
And for..older fans..than..me.
If otahni could..

. Just wipe off .that .angels..
!!!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the opposite of Usain Bolt? Let me show you...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio is definitely not clutch right now but let's remember he hasn't even finished his 2nd season as a MLB player... Clutch hits will eventually come as he gains experience imo... so much expectations have been thrown on his shoulders and he's only 22 years old...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team needs to figure something out soon because they are 2-4 over their last 6 games...

... and put me in for wanting a new 1B next season... I don't believe France is our guy... He's going to be 30 yrs old in July next season....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team needs to figure something out soon because they are 2-4 over their last 6 games...

... and put me in for wanting a new 1B next season... I don't believe France is our guy... He's going to be 30 yrs old in July next season....
Yeah that. Is..what..Julio..was aguing
About. .that last pitch to him..started.
Way outside..but ended . low..strike..
Bases loaded ....so do..i .think they will be back
In it..tomorrow..if not ...
Well .ohh .well ..
There goes. ..the sinking boat...ok..ok..ship

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you swing at close pitches with two strikes. Never leave it up to the ump. And the guy complaining is the same guy that swung at two pitches in the other batters box with the bases loaded the previous AB.

But from a right handed pitcher

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to fangraphs mariners will face following:
SPConnor Phillips (mlb debut)
Lyon Richardson (Aaa pitcher)
Zach littell (4.42 era in rotation)
Taj bradley (6.85 era last 10 starts)
Aaron Civale
Zach Eflin
Reid detmers (7.56 last 9 starts)
Patrick Sandoval
Jamie barria

Any guesses on how many of these pitchers we'll make look like Cy Young contenders?

Lololol

Yeah hopefully..none.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio is definitely not clutch right now but let's remember he hasn't even finished his 2nd season as a MLB player... Clutch hits will eventually come as he gains experience imo... so much expectations have been thrown on his shoulders and he's only 22 years old...
I always respect your takes, but this one I can't get on board with. I mean yes he could eventually become clutch, but his approach says otherwise. I can't think of any other guy tagged with a star status be so bad in the clutch. And I hate the age argument (not from you but in general). He got a $400M contract at this age so to me no using it later as an excuse when things don't work. To me it is his approach and not his age. He doesn't force pitchers to throw multiple strikes with his wild zone. Sorry I am not trying to say you are wrong and I am right, I am just unsure if this will ever be a Julio strength. Unfortunately my biggest worry is that clutch spots and how they are pitched too is much like playoff games and I worry about how it will turn out for him. Remember he hit .217 in the playoffs last year.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the opposite of Usain Bolt? Let me show you...

France is all arms when he swings

For a hitter with such big legs and @ss ... he is the oppo of power. he just swings with his arms and shoulders and will never be a driver of the ball until someone completely reworks his approach at the plate.

I do not think he is limber enough and atheltic enough to improve on his current stats and current swing.

Mariners need to look for a replacement stat and cut him loose 1st chance they can

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been saying that for 12-16 months

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always respect your takes, but this one I can't get on board with. I mean yes he could eventually become clutch, but his approach says otherwise. I can't think of any other guy tagged with a star status be so bad in the clutch. And I hate the age argument (not from you but in general). He got a $400M contract at this age so to me no using it later as an excuse when things don't work. To me it is his approach and not his age. He doesn't force pitchers to throw multiple strikes with his wild zone. Sorry I am not trying to say you are wrong and I am right, I am just unsure if this will ever be a Julio strength. Unfortunately my biggest worry is that clutch spots and how they are pitched too is much like playoff games and I worry about how it will turn out for him. Remember he hit .217 in the playoffs last year.
The two hole has brought the biggest moments all year, I don’t know……..move his ass out of that spot maybe. While we are at it, how about NOT putting the two slowest dad bods in all of baseball back to back in the lineup!?!? God forbid Scotts hope of France and Ford both getting a hit you need a double to guarantee each can make it to their next respective base without getting thrown out. The lineup construction has had its moments but overall shit most of the year. Make it make sense Scott cause right now he is causing road blocks in momentum with what he is putting out there, zero creativity or sense of these lineups.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France is all arms when he swings

For a hitter with such big legs and @ss ... he is the oppo of power. he just swings with his arms and shoulders and will never be a driver of the ball until someone completely reworks his approach at the plate.

I do not think he is limber enough and atheltic enough to improve on his current stats and current swing.

Mariners need to look for a replacement stat and cut him loose 1st chance they can
At what point does Evan White come back in the fold………never mind, he makes Percy Harvin look like he was the pillar of health.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now media saying Snell may..stay..in San Diego... that's..ok .but it will not...
Repete..
Not..make..people in the northwest want.
Ohtani...he don't..fit..he dont fit..he don't fit.
The mariners...
However....they think..
People..mariners.need ..a left handed .
Pitcher..
Let them both..go there .so what .
I'm not eating..the ohtani...
Bull oni...
Ok..that's enough .