• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivals Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it was a power play by a power-hungry guy abusing his authority. They’ve treated the free board worse and worse over the last few years. If they want no free board, just eliminate it. Don’t do it like THAT.
Maybe, Also some people on Soundoff seemed to think they could do what they wanted.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can break this into multiple situations:

1. Those who posted some "inappropriate pix" on the TCU site. Okay, if you posted tits, how long would you think you'd catch a ban for if it was the first time...a couple of days, maybe a week. You certainly wouldn't expect an IP permaban.

2. Those that posted there just to chat, even if it was about other people on Rivals. Okay, they used a place they now know they shouldn't have. What should the ban be...a few days, a week, certainly not IP banned.

3. The people who called Greg out in graphic form..yes, they knew they'd catch a ban

4. The people who voiced their displeasure to Greg about the whole situation. Like we've never seen mods called out directly when posters are unhappy about something. Wish I'd saved my inbox from my mod days. But most don't catch a ban unless they fall into category 3. If you mod, you have to learn to let crap roll off your back.

5. Those who did nothing but voice support for those who were gone. Really, this deserved a ban? Or if you were merely asking a question about the situation?

The major point of all of this is the punishments did NOT fit the crimes. Virtually none would fall under the IP banning under most situations.

Now as for the people talking about other people, geez, that goes on every damn day on Rivals. And there are plenty of conversations going on plus plenty of off sites to go to discuss what happens on Rivals & other boards along with football & OT threads.
Exactly this. People who are defending the bans can kiss my ass. Sure, there are a few bans that are deserving, like Diego. Do you really think I deserved a ban for posting a farewell message from CowpokeU? I was perfectly fine until that point. I posted that, Saturday morning, and was IP banned within a minute. Do you think that's justified @GatorTheo ?

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you the same response I gave AR. Let everyone talk it out. Like the crap there, it will die down in a few days & people will be off to the regular forums. But if you try & suppress it, it's going to fuel the rumor mill & worse. And besides, right now, it's pretty much confined to 2 threads so they can easily ignore it or wander in to see what the upset is all about & why there are so many new faces on here.

The anger is still fresh & more people got sniped yesterday, so they deserve a chance to vent.

Ok. Cool
Hook em

Seriously I just didn't know what else to type there.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Ladky. If I stop posting here, call the authorities. Something happened.

I understand he can IP ban you from Rivals but the rest of the internet? Someone explain this to me & now it's gone WAY beyond reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.