• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Harmon Killebrew

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harmon Killebrew has passed away
Posted by: La Velle E. Neal III Updated: May 17, 2011 - 10:50 AM

With his family by his side, Twins great Harmon Killebrew, one of the all-time great sluggers and one of the all-time great gentlemen, passed away Tuesday morning.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP

HarmonKillebrew.png

64topps_giant-38.jpg

harmon-killebrew.jpg

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That was a real nice gesture, PC. Harmon was the first Superstar of the Twins and is still #1 to me, and this not meant as any dis-respect to the other great players in Twins history. To me it's like, if Harmon can go, then I must go also one day. Kinda, woke me up to reality. Now he's gone, but certainly never to be forgotten!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice thread you started here PC!
I am too young to have watched Harmon play, but I did see his involvement with the Twins organization after his retirement and from everything I saw, read and hearing people talk about the man, he was a class act that will be missed. Twins lost a great legend today, arguable the greatest Twin of them all. The world needs more men like Killebrew!
RIP Harmon

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harmon Killebrew memorial today at Target Field
By Hart Van Denburg, Thu., May 26 2011 at 5:53 AM

​Target Field gates will open at 6 p.m. tonight for the 7:10 p.m. Harmon Killebrew memorial service. Admission is free, ballpark concessions will be open, and seating will be general admission, so come on downtown and pay your final respects to the late Twins great.

And wear your No. 3 shirt, too.

Prior to the event, some of Killebrew's former teammates will gather at the Mall of America on the approximate site of home plate in the old Met Stadium. They'll then hop on a light rail train wrapped in Killebrew's #3 jersey, ride to the Metrodome to pick up more former Twins, and then continue to Target Field.

​Speakers include MLB Commissioner Alan H. "Bud" Selig, National Baseball Hall of Famers Rod Carew and Paul Molitor, Twins legends Jim Kaat and Tony Oliva, and current Twins Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau.

There will be musical tributes too, including from former teammate Jim "Mudcat" Grant, Jeff Arundel, author of the Harmon Killebrew song, and the Minnesota Chorale. And Killebrew's Hall of Fame plaque will also be available for viewing from noon to 6:30 p.m. near the Killebrew statue on Target Plaza.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, PC! That was real nice of you to post Harmon's tribute for us guys way far away from Home. If I were still up there I would have gone, that's for sure. Keep up the good work!

Harmon Killebrew memorial today at Target Field
By Hart Van Denburg, Thu., May 26 2011 at 5:53 AM

​Target Field gates will open at 6 p.m. tonight for the 7:10 p.m. Harmon Killebrew memorial service. Admission is free, ballpark concessions will be open, and seating will be general admission, so come on downtown and pay your final respects to the late Twins great.

And wear your No. 3 shirt, too.

Prior to the event, some of Killebrew's former teammates will gather at the Mall of America on the approximate site of home plate in the old Met Stadium. They'll then hop on a light rail train wrapped in Killebrew's #3 jersey, ride to the Metrodome to pick up more former Twins, and then continue to Target Field.

​Speakers include MLB Commissioner Alan H. "Bud" Selig, National Baseball Hall of Famers Rod Carew and Paul Molitor, Twins legends Jim Kaat and Tony Oliva, and current Twins Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau.

There will be musical tributes too, including from former teammate Jim "Mudcat" Grant, Jeff Arundel, author of the Harmon Killebrew song, and the Minnesota Chorale. And Killebrew's Hall of Fame plaque will also be available for viewing from noon to 6:30 p.m. near the Killebrew statue on Target Plaza.