• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Anton Yelchin

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOS ANGELES - Anton Yelchin, a charismatic and rising actor best known for playing Chekov in the new "Star Trek" films, has died at the age of 27. He was killed in a fatal traffic collision early Sunday morning, his publicist, Jennifer Allen confirmed.

Yelchin started small with roles in indie films and various television shows, before breaking out in films like the crime thriller "Alpha Dog" and the teenage comedy "Charlie Bartlett." His biggest role to date has been in the rebooted "Star Trek" films - the third of which, "Star Trek Beyond" comes out in July.

Yelchin, an only child, was born in Russia. His parents were professional figure skaters who moved the family to the United States when Yelchin was a baby. Yelchin's family requests privacy at this time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that he was killed when his own car backed into him and pinned him against a wall. Apparently he either didn't set the parking brake on his Jeep or it failed (his model does have a recall issued) and it rolled down hill into him. What a random fucked up way to die. Tragic indeed.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that he was killed when his own car backed into him and pinned him against a wall. Apparently he either didn't set the parking brake on his Jeep or it failed (his model does have a recall issued) and it rolled down hill into him. What a random fucked up way to die. Tragic indeed.
Yeah! Sucks!!!

RIP

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad, I liked his interpretation of the modern Chekov.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him in Rudderless. Thought they had a shot at a second film.

Jeep has no mechanical stops on their electronic shifter, I can imagine what their settlement is going to be considering his future earnings if he stuck with the continuation of the star trek role.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 years old, had the world by the balls and bothered nobody. Ain't no fucking justice in this world.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of those flashy new big Cherokees with some sort of stupid joystick/knob thing instead of a regular shifter.

Supposedly he isn't the first to get out and think it was in park...

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked that dude. And what a shitty way to go. R.I.P.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anton Yelchin Died About One Minute After His Accident, Coroner Says

Anton Yelchin died around a minute after his car accident, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office has confirmed to ET.

The 27-year-old actor’s cause of death has also been confirmed as traumatic asphyxia, a condition arising from intense compression on the chest.

The Star Trek actor lost his life after he was struck by his car in the driveway of his Los Angeles home on Sunday. He is believed to have stepped out of his 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and left the engine running, before the vehicle rolled down and pinned him to a brick pillar and security fence.

WATCH: Justin Timberlake, Zachary Quinto, Chris Evans and More Celebs Remember Anton Yelchin

It appeared that Yelchin did not properly place his vehicle in park. However, the same car has been under investigation for its “e-shift” transmissions, which are said to lack tactile and visual feedback, therefore “increasing the potential for unintended gear selection.”

According to CBS News, more than 850,000 vehicles – predominantly 2014 and 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokees – were involved in the investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

NEWS: ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Cancels Cannes Event After Anton Yelchin’s Death

“NHTSA is in contact with local authorities and Fiat Chrysler to understand all of the facts related to this tragic crash, including whether or not this was caused by the current issue under recall,” the organization said in a statement. “Last year, NHTSA initiated an investigation into the issue. Then, in April, FCA acknowledged the defect, and issued a recall at NHTSA’s urging. Until all of these recalled vehicles are fixed, owners should take extra care to make sure their car is in park and turned completely off before exiting.”

See the actor’s final interview with ET below.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you guys didn't know who he was:

anton-yelchin-as-pavel-chekov-e1466363608519.jpg

"Vicktor,Vicktor"

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even bother checking for threads???

I mean you think being 4 days late on this ud be reporting the news?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even bother checking for threads???

I mean you think being 4 days late on this ud be reporting the news?

I'm sorry this board isn't my life.... I have a job and when I searched nothing came up... So you don't like it, piss off!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry this board isn't my life.... I have a job and when I searched nothing came up... So you don't like it, piss off!

Wow!! There's actually someone on the hoop that's employed? Holy shit!!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS News, more than 850,000 vehicles – predominantly 2014 and 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokees – were involved in the investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee and was notified about this recall a couple months ago. Honestly, you have to be a retard to not know which gear the car is in. The shifter just 'bumps' to the next gear, it doesn't fully move, but it takes one time of not putting it into the gear you were expecting to be cognizant of it.

Really a damn shame the dude died though. I think that is going to blow up this transmission thing more than it deserves. :rip:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee and was notified about this recall a couple months ago. Honestly, you have to be a retard to not know which gear the car is in. The shifter just 'bumps' to the next gear, it doesn't fully move, but it takes one time of not putting it into the gear you were expecting to be cognizant of it.

Really a damn shame the dude died though. I think that is going to blow up this transmission thing more than it deserves. :rip:

Yes you do, however wasn't the recall because of the car being in park and it still failing? I know when I get out of my car I certainly am not thinking it will roll back and kill me

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any thread about this either. Sad news to be taken out at that young age.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you say "Audi 5000"?

When the slimey fucking lawyers get done with this, they, Anton and Fiat Chrysler will all look bad when it's only the lawyers who should be made to look like shit. :L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any thread about this either. Sad news to be taken out at that young age.

Couldn't agree more.. A tragic mistake that makes me shake my head :L