• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richardson fined

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in hell do you find a FORMER Owner.
If I'm Richardson I'm telling the NFL to FUCK OFF.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in hell do you find a FORMER Owner.
If I'm Richardson I'm telling the NFL to FUCK OFF.
According to the article the sale hasn't closed yet but will in the next couple of weeks. So, calling Richardson a 'former owner' in the headline is missleading.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the article the sale hasn't closed yet but will in the next couple of weeks. So, calling Richardson a 'former owner' in the headline is missleading.

I'm not paying that if I'm him. He's leaving the NFL, really he's being deservedly fired for playing grab ass. He's been punished as far as they can punish him.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not paying that if I'm him. He's leaving the NFL, really he's being deservedly fired for playing grab ass. He's been punished as far as they can punish him.
He's being paid $2.2 billion according to the article for selling the team. I wouldn't call that a punishment.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. He's not leaving voluntarily though.
Where do you get that??? The league didn't force him to sell. He started looking for a buyer a little before the allegations came out. Now maybe he was getting out while the getting was good but he wasn't forced. The punishment for his misdeeds was the fine. There was no mention of having to go through with the sale which isn't final yet.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get that??? The league didn't force him to sell. He started looking for a buyer a little before the allegations came out. Now maybe he was getting out while the getting was good but he wasn't forced. The punishment for his misdeeds was the fine. There was no mention of having to go through with the sale which isn't final yet.

I hadn't heard anything about a sale until after the allegations came out. But if he dragged his feet, do you really think that they'd let him stick around? I think he'd be about as successful keeping his team as Don Sterling was.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care, I'm still telling them to eat shit.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Cat did a lot of good things*, and was actually kind of a player's owner. Too bad he went out with a stain on his legacy like this. Though I guess 2 bil ain't what you'd call cold comfort.

*though re-hiring Hurney sure as hell wasn't among them.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't heard anything about a sale until after the allegations came out. But if he dragged his feet, do you really think that they'd let him stick around? I think he'd be about as successful keeping his team as Don Sterling was.
I heard about it cause the buyer is/was a minority Steeler owner. He had to sell his stake in the Steelers before he could buy the Panthers. I'm nor sure because if that was the case the punishment would've said the sale must be completed. I guess if the sale falls through, they could revisit but the fact that was omitted from the punishment makes me think that he other owners are satisfied with just the fine. The only way we'll ever know for sure is if the sales falls through.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard about it cause the buyer is/was a minority Steeler owner. He had to sell his stake in the Steelers before he could buy the Panthers. I'm nor sure because if that was the case the punishment would've said the sale must be completed. I guess if the sale falls through, they could revisit but the fact that was omitted from the punishment makes me think that he other owners are satisfied with just the fine. The only way we'll ever know for sure is if the sales falls through.
Now if the sale falls through and Richardson keeps the team but has to pay the fine then I'd pay it. But being fined on top of the forced sale I say bite me.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I don't what are they gonna do, take away my team?

Oh wait, they already did.

FUCK ROGER.

AND MARA TOO.
Look at how fast this investigation was done compared to the usual time it takes for an NFL investigation. They rushed this to hand down the punishment while he was still an owner. If this was handed down after the sale was complete, I agree with you that he could just say F U, let the team pay.

Fuck Roger!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has CTE...can't be held accountable:rolleyes2: