• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richards' buyout/Gaborik signing.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mitchell is 37, and he isn't hanging them up. Your point?

My point was to counter you saying the Kings would be on the hook for his contract. If he did hang them up it would not hurt the Kings at all.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was to counter you saying the Kings would be on the hook for his contract. If he did hang them up it would not hurt the Kings at all.

Good catch, I don't know what I was thinking on that one. I was thinking Mitchell but had Regehr on the brain. I thought you were saying he's old, which he is by NHL standards, but guys older than him are still playing (check out the UFA defense pool - it's like a geriatric ward this summer. Greene looks like a young buck compared to a lot of them).

Markov is a funny one, dude wants a 3 year/$18 million deal and is 35 and played only 65 games between 2010-2013 but every game in 2012-13 (48) and all but one last season. Might have turned the corner from the injury bug but his age would be a concern for that type of deal.

Yes, Regehr could hang them up and not have it affect the Kings. I don't see it though, I think he will honor his contract and then decide what to do, I can't see Regehr being one of those guys who doesn't keep his word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he will, but was just something that was thrown out there.

I think McNabb and Forbort are the future on defense. But they don't like to rush players so keeping the older guys around for a year or two to let them pay their dudes.

On an off topic note, I think Muzzin really stepped up the 2nd half of the year and in the playoffs. He still makes some mistakes but Doughty backs him up well and they both seem to play well together.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene looked pissed at the rally, and it looked like he didn't want to be there.

Yeah I noticed that too. Even his speech was a little curt and short. Not his usual jovial self. He can be really funny. Of course a lot of things may have led to that. They are human you know and they have a life outside hockey. Probably not much of one but there are other things that can affect their mood.

Ox

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I noticed that too. Even his speech was a little curt and short. Not his usual jovial self. He can be really funny. Of course a lot of things may have led to that. They are human you know and they have a life outside hockey. Probably not much of one but there are other things that can affect their mood.

Ox

Yeah, like the Kings not offering enough money or years to Greene's liking....lol

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're on the defensemen: I just looked at the Kings' salary cap chart on CapGeek.com and realized Muzzin has one more year at $1M, then RFA. Do you think they will extend him now, or wait until after next year?

P.S. Fucking Voynov at $4.1M for 5 more years....Sheesh!!

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, Voynov had 2 really good years and this year was on and off. Id expect him to rebound.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with neither Greene nor Mitchell back...Martinez played the right side while Greene was out for a good chunk of the season. But if either is back, I would think it would be on a contract like Timonen's re-up in Philly (1 yr, $2 million, plus incentives). Doubt Greene would accept, but Mitchell might.

With that money off the books, I believe the Kings could give Gaborik $5-5.5 million per on a 3-4 yr deal...then it's up to him to decide how much he liked the situation in LA this spring. IMO, it's an ideal fit...

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough as a fan. I really like both Greene and Mitchell not only for what they bring but also as people. Honestly the whole team is just a bunch of really likeable people.

Hopefully someone comes up from the farm. If not guess can also see what is out there UFA or trade.