• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rice noodle recipes?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past few months, since my son described to me a salad that he ate at a friend's house, I've been making that same salad, which is simply chopped broccoli, red onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and crunched up rice noodles. We really like it.

The rice noodles that I use are the Ramen noodles sold in grocery stores for about $.0001/pack. Though I refuse to use the seasoning packet that comes in each Ramen bag, I've also discovered that I like to snack on the raw noodles (very crunchy, though also very bland) or cook them in the microwave, submerged in water for two minutes, and then season them with soya sauce, sriracha, and garlic powder, sometimes adding some chicken or pork.

Anyways, thought it might be interesting to learn from others about rice noodles and tasty ways to use them.

w

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been adding them to salad for years... One of my favorites is vinaigrette chopped cabbage salad with ramen noodles, almond slices & sunflower seeds (raw/unshelled). To make the vinaigrette you mix white vinegar, sugar, and the ramen seasoning packet. Pretty simple! Chop the cabbage to your liking. I chop it pretty fine, but if I'm lazy I'll go for coarsely chopped. You can also add just about anything you like to it. I've put red onions in it before.

Other ideas:
Simple additives like soyaki, chili paste, chili bean sauce, thai curry paste, etc. make the noodles more "authentic" at least taste-wise. Go a little further with it to make it even more amazing. Add baby spinach, bean sprouts, thinly sliced cabbage, or scallions. All of which are "quick-cook" veggies and you can add them just before eating and should wilt within a matter of seconds. I like to add eggs to it for added protein. You can simply beat an egg and slowly pour it into the hot broth as you stir. That creates small curds of egg in the broth, similar to what you see in Hot & Sour soups. Tofu is another nice touch.

Adding ramen to snack mixes, cole slaw, casseroles, enchiladas (sounds bizarre but if used correctly its awesome) and lettuce wraps are all things that I've done in the past. I've heard of people making pizza with it. Using crushed ramen noodles as the pie crust. But that sounds absurdly unhealthy. And ever since I started eating healthy I haven't kept ramen in the house. I only use it occasionally in salads.

Hope this helps!