• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Revealing Loss in Ames"

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revealing Loss in Ames | Hawkeye Nation

James Vandenberg looked like a first year starting quarterback today. At times he showed us why we are all so excited about his career, and I still am. However, he was more erratic than I would have expected. I felt like he was feeling phantom pressure that was not there, which caused him to rush several throws.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If KOK would mix it up, he could help the entire offense. All first half on 1st Down we ran the ball. Damn near all of the 2nd half we threw on 1st down. How about throwing the defense off by mixing it up. The Hawks offense was so predictable in that game it was sickening. I love Coker but he was tip toeing the entire first half. You don't think we could have gotten better production from a hungry Jason White? It's the same sad story every year. We play not to lose and we do lose. We had 12 players from last years team that made an NFL roster or had a chance to and the best they could do was 8-5. Iowa could have the best players in the world and it wouldn't make a difference. You cannot win by being afraid. That is what Ferentz is, afraid to make a mistake.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KOK would mix it up, he could help the entire offense. All first half on 1st Down we ran the ball. Damn near all of the 2nd half we threw on 1st down. How about throwing the defense off by mixing it up. The Hawks offense was so predictable in that game it was sickening. I love Coker but he was tip toeing the entire first half. You don't think we could have gotten better production from a hungry Jason White? It's the same sad story every year. We play not to lose and we do lose. We had 12 players from last years team that made an NFL roster or had a chance to and the best they could do was 8-5. Iowa could have the best players in the world and it wouldn't make a difference. You cannot win by being afraid. That is what Ferentz is, afraid to make a mistake.

Exactly BH, thats what I said in my thread about the game. Ferentz doesnt trust his team, his staff, anybody really. He coaches not to lose instead of trying to win. That gives your team no confidence and your staff no confidence.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly BH, thats what I said in my thread about the game. Ferentz doesnt trust his team, his staff, anybody really. He coaches not to lose instead of trying to win. That gives your team no confidence and your staff no confidence.

I honestly think he trusts his staff and players too much early on. I don't think we'll see the man downs that took place against ISU the rest of the year either. With that said, I can't hold it against him for trying it once. To me it lets him see if he staff and players can get shit done. We'll see though, if Kirk and the staff play like they want OT again I think we are allowed to be really critical about this. I'm just glad it came early this year so it hopefully doesn't happen again when b10 play rolls around.

Just a little something to add. I really hate watching Wisconsin and seeing a coaching staff that goes for the throat. I think a lot of the games Iowa loses the term nice guys finish last rings a little too true.

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what was revealed? ISU is better than Iowa, thanks for the crappy trophy.

Tex McGruder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what was revealed? ISU is better than Iowa, thanks for the crappy trophy.

ISU fans still take their dang mother's to prom. Now put the clothes yer gandma ma picked out fer you and give 'em heck out there against UConn. Congratulations. Yer the best 'round.