• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ReTooling, my take looking forward

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Eagles have added their new starting WR's and added OL depth they need to fill the multitude of holes the still have. While there could still be a FA signing or 2 I would have to think the draft is where we should now focus. That said...here I go

I believe Howie will add picks via trade perhaps even trading back in the 1st.
They will draft another WR but more likely in the 4th-5th round unless they add picks via trades.
They will draft a minimum of 2 CB's within the 1st 3 rounds.
They will draft a RB. I don't see them adding 1 via FA but have heard rumors of their interest in doing so.
They need to sign or replace Logan and replace Barwin.
Drafting a DE fairly high is not only possible but likely thus my belief that they add picks via trades.
OLB......late round at best unless someone unexpectedly drops into their lap.

1ts round; trade back a few spots (4-6) and pick up a 2nd round pick then draft McCaffrey.
2nd round; draft 1 CB from the likes of Awuzie, Conley, White or Tankersley and a DE/DT with my choice being Kpassaqnon.
3rd round; draft their 2nd CB in K. King.
4th round; draft a RB like Perine.

Just a start but this fills their need at RB, CB and DE. Wentz would be drooling at this.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely need cornerback and a nickelback. Definitely could use a pass rusher. This defense would get a lot better with a real playmaking OLB running around out there. I'd keep one high on my list in the draft.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Howie is just trading one hole for another. Yes he added some potential at Wr. I am happier with the Jeffery signing now that i hear it was only 9.5m guarantee. But he gave up half his defensive line in Barwin and Logan. They need about 5 players through the draft and at least 2 to contribute immediately.

This is a far cry from a few years ago when they had starting lineups all in place before the draft and could draft bpa and thinking down the road.

But when you overpay across the boars for players this is where you end up.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Howie is just trading one hole for another. Yes he added some potential at Wr. I am happier with the Jeffery signing now that i hear it was only 9.5m guarantee. But he gave up half his defensive line in Barwin and Logan. They need about 5 players through the draft and at least 2 to contribute immediately.

This is a far cry from a few years ago when they had starting lineups all in place before the draft and could draft bpa and thinking down the road.

But when you overpay across the boars for players this is where you end up.

This is where you end up when you hire a damn buffoon like Chip Kelly. The cap isn't the real problem.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where you end up when you hire a damn buffoon like Chip Kelly. The cap isn't the real problem.

It was Howie that overpaid for Curry, Daniel, Kelce, Ertz, Celek, Jenkins Brooks & Mcleod that created this problem.

Chip didnt overpay. His mistakes were tradeable...Alonso, Murray, Maxwell...indicating that both the players and there contracts were good.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Howie that overpaid for Curry, Daniel, Kelce, Ertz, Celek, Jenkins Brooks & Mcleod that created this problem.

Chip didnt overpay. His mistakes were tradeable...Alonso, Murray, Maxwell...indicating that both the players and there contracts were good.

Jenkins, overpaid?? You serious?? :lol: He's an all-pro, dude.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Eagles have added their new starting WR's and added OL depth they need to fill the multitude of holes the still have. While there could still be a FA signing or 2 I would have to think the draft is where we should now focus. That said...here I go

I believe Howie will add picks via trade perhaps even trading back in the 1st.
They will draft another WR but more likely in the 4th-5th round unless they add picks via trades.
They will draft a minimum of 2 CB's within the 1st 3 rounds.
They will draft a RB. I don't see them adding 1 via FA but have heard rumors of their interest in doing so.
They need to sign or replace Logan and replace Barwin.
Drafting a DE fairly high is not only possible but likely thus my belief that they add picks via trades.
OLB......late round at best unless someone unexpectedly drops into their lap.

1ts round; trade back a few spots (4-6) and pick up a 2nd round pick then draft McCaffrey.
2nd round; draft 1 CB from the likes of Awuzie, Conley, White or Tankersley and a DE/DT with my choice being Kpassaqnon.
3rd round; draft their 2nd CB in K. King.
4th round; draft a RB like Perine.

Just a start but this fills their need at RB, CB and DE. Wentz would be drooling at this.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins, overpaid?? You serious?? :lol: He's an all-pro, dude.

To be precise he is a one time 2nd team all pro ....in 2010. One pro bowl to go with that and a 7.5m salary. Good player yes. 7.5m good? No.

Last year in cash the Eagles paid their safeies 19m and thwir corners 6m. That is no way to structure a team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please block Premium (not so) from our forum.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premium pooped on the thread.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Dumb shit is facts i don't like :)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Dumb shit is facts i don't like :)

You would get more credibility if you did not make post like you watched the games. Take your overpaying for Jenkins for instance. You supported that by saying he was second team all pro just once. That tells me that you did not watch Eagles games. Please don't sit here and try to feed us some bullshit that you have. If that was the case you would know he is repeatedly a pro bowl snub.

Teams overpay and reach every year that is the way of free agency. The Eagles are no different. You post here like the Eagles are the only team that does it and that one of the things that makes you look stupid.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would get more credibility if you did not make post like you watched the games. Take your overpaying for Jenkins for instance. You supported that by saying he was second team all pro just once. That tells me that you did not watch Eagles games. Please don't sit here and try to feed us some bullshit that you have. If that was the case you would know he is repeatedly a pro bowl snub.

Teams overpay and reach every year that is the way of free agency. The Eagles are no different. You post here like the Eagles are the only team that does it and that one of the things that makes you look stupid.

Guilty of being a numbers guy. Suggest you study those cap numbers a little. The amount of committed money the Eagles have on good but not great talent is huge by a large number over every other team in the league. Its bad deal after bad deal for the last couple of years.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty of being a numbers guy. Suggest you study those cap numbers a little. The amount of committed money the Eagles have on good but not great talent is huge by a large number over every other team in the league. Its bad deal after bad deal for the last couple of years.

And you ignore the entire point of the post and make another stupid comment. I believe I said that all teams make bad deals in free agency it is how it works. Every year most teams sign a player that does not meet expectations. Take a look at your Niners......they have repeatedly made some of the worst deals in football.

It is obvious you are a numbers guys. Your posts reek of someone that does not actually watch football and knows nothing about the game.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you ignore the entire point of the post and make another stupid comment. I believe I said that all teams make bad deals in free agency it is how it works. Every year most teams sign a player that does not meet expectations. Take a look at your Niners......they have repeatedly made some of the worst deals in football.

It is obvious you are a numbers guys. Your posts reek of someone that does not actually watch football and knows nothing about the game.

Again numbers are what i do and you missed my point. All teams do not do bad deals and the cap numbers clearly show that the Eagles are making many more bad deals than every other team. To their credit the Eagles spend money when many teams don't....unfortunately for the last couple of years they have spent it poorly.

Now i do get that most fans could care less about contracts and most of the time the contracts dont matter all that much. Its okay to over pay a little for quality. Its winning that matters after all. But when you overspend thw way the Eagles are it impacts their ability to get good players. That is where they are at now.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now i do get that most fans could care less about contracts and most of the time the contracts dont matter all that much. Its okay to over pay a little for quality. Its winning that matters after all. But when you overspend thw way the Eagles are it impacts their ability to get good players. That is where they are at now.

It isn't my money and I really don't care how they spend it. We are not a player or two away from winning a Super Bowl. We did however have WR's that ranked 32nd in the league in almost every important category. We went out and fixed that this year.

The formula really is about keeping your core players, adding competition/depth in free agency, and build through the draft. This appears to be what we are moving back towards and I couldn't be happier.

The 49ers and Browns have a ton of cap space and I am not impress with any move either team has made. You can talk about numbers all you want to but in the end it matters very little. The new year just started and I am one of those people that will evaluate this offseason in June. We have no idea what plans the have so why would anyone already be critical of them.

You know what is really funny. All my time on TSN, Mouth Off, KFFL, and now here I have never blocked anyone. You may be the first. :D

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams do not do bad deals and the cap numbers clearly show that the Eagles are making many more bad deals than every other team.

This is complete utter bullshit. Prove it and don't just list deals the Eagles made. Provide something that proves this idiotic point.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is complete utter bullshit. Prove it and don't just list deals the Eagles made. Provide something that proves this idiotic point.

Go.to overthecap.com. click cap space and look at the 2017 numbers. Eagles number 32. Click 2018. Eagles number 32. Click 2019. Eagles number 32. Look at the other teams near the bottom. Perennial playoff teams. They are getting some value for their investment. Chiefs 12-4. Giants 11-5. Cowboys 13-3. Eagles 7-9. At least the other teams spending money are getting value. Eagles are not.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't my money and I really don't care how they spend it. We are not a player or two away from winning a Super Bowl. We did however have WR's that ranked 32nd in the league in almost every important category. We went out and fixed that this year.

The formula really is about keeping your core players, adding competition/depth in free agency, and build through the draft. This appears to be what we are moving back towards and I couldn't be happier.

The 49ers and Browns have a ton of cap space and I am not impress with any move either team has made. You can talk about numbers all you want to but in the end it matters very little. The new year just started and I am one of those people that will evaluate this offseason in June. We have no idea what plans the have so why would anyone already be critical of them.

You know what is really funny. All my time on TSN, Mouth Off, KFFL, and now here I have never blocked anyone. You may be the first. :D

The best model is the Patriots. Won the Superbowl and had a ton of cap space. Leveraged it to reload with Cooks and Gilmore. Meanwhile the Eagles are left bottom feeding.