• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regional TV ratings for NHL teams

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't a lot of people in Detroit and Buffalo watch on CBC? I wonder what those numbers look like, it seems like they are never factored in to these articles. I can't believe a town like Buffalo wouldn't be in the top ten.

If CBC broadcasts Wings games for the people in Windsor, it cuts out a significant amount of potential Wings fans from the FSD broadcast (if FSD broadcasts in Windsor).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CBC broadcasts Wings games for the people in Windsor, it cuts out a significant amount of potential Wings fans from the FSD broadcast (if FSD broadcasts in Windsor).

like i said in post #20. The CBC had the Wings on for 6 games this regular season. I think any drop off caused by Detroit fans watching CBC instead of FSN Detroit for only 6 games would be immaterial to the final audience number above

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't a lot of people in Detroit and Buffalo watch on CBC? I wonder what those numbers look like, it seems like they are never factored in to these articles. I can't believe a town like Buffalo wouldn't be in the top ten.

This is a good point. Because when it comes to hockey viewership Buffalo and Detroit always rate high.

I am talking about when their teams are out of the playoffs and the percentage over "hockey fan viewers" watch the games.

The numbers can be distorted because it counts the number of people watching the games.
Obviously a city like Philly will have more than Buffalo or Pittsburgh because of the population.

During the playoffs places like Buffalo and Detroit have an option as to what network they want to watch the games on. These percentages or people can not be counted in the ratings because the ratings from one country or another doesn't have a system for it.

The Buffalo market actually beat the Raleigh market in percentage of hockey viewers even when the Canes won the cup.

I'm not trying to start any crap here but I know damn well that Detroit and Buffalo consistently rate as the highest "hockey" viewing markets in the US.

Damn, We do well without superstars and stats show we always have. To me it's a case of where stats can be deceiving.