• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regarding the Negativity Over This Hire

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's going to be a tough road ahead for Nebraska football, but after this era is over, maybe then we'll see some real success again.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero sound on this on two computers. So, I guess he is very quiet.

OK I switched to MOZILLA browser and I get sound.

We are gonna finish hard and finish fast.

It only takes attitude,

Do it for us.

An awesome feeling.

SCOREBOARD!!!!

If you still lose the game, you will be alright. Awesome.

Never give up on your dreams.

If you fall down, just get up.

And he still ain't done!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was just gonna say sorry for getting on your case.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is headed to the WWE

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I was just gonna say sorry for getting on your case.

Did you even look at the time stamp for that post? :L

My anger over this weird hire is dissipating somewhat, but I will mention that what kind of AD would just fire a head coach without having a commitment first from a solid coaching candidate? Shades of Steve Pederson.

There really isn't much to get excited about with this hire, but the only good thing about this is I don't have to look at a mad dog on the sidelines disrupting the team with his anger pangs.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you suppose Michigan already had their man when Hoke was fired? Or Florida? I seem to recall some time there when the Gay-ders were still negotiating to hire someone.
There is nothing in the rules that say you need to have someone ready to go if you fire a coach. On the contrary, I think it would be near impossible, unless it is someone who is not coaching at the time.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you suppose Michigan already had their man when Hoke was fired? Or Florida? I seem to recall some time there when the Gay-ders were still negotiating to hire someone.
There is nothing in the rules that say you need to have someone ready to go if you fire a coach. On the contrary, I think it would be near impossible, unless it is someone who is not coaching at the time.

Of course there's no rule that says an AD is required to have a head coach all ready to go, but if an AD doesn't try to do so, he raises the odds of getting a coach who has 3 losing seasons within the last five seasons. Tressel even with his baggage would have been a much better hire with a proven and solid coaching resume, and the beauty of it all is he isn't coaching presently. I cringe to think what will happen to Nebraska football now.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think it woudl be smart to research the available candidates and know who you like but make a deal with him before your guy is gone? Never heard of it. Even just contacting them. Imagine if it leaked out before your guy was gone.

But I am tired of this. We got our guy and nothing will change for the next few years. I thought Bo was a sure thing what coming off a natty game and a fiery coach who would get us back to our stout lines of yesteryear.

I'll admit I missed that one and could be off now but guess what? If I'm right or wrong nothing changes and I'm tired reading the same thing over and over. And just like the last two coaches we have a coach and I'm going to support him until I have reason not to.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A bit of a difference between the situation at Nebraska under Bo and Michigan under Hoke.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's no rule that says an AD is required to have a head coach all ready to go, but if an AD doesn't try to do so, he raises the odds of getting a coach who has 3 losing seasons within the last five seasons. Tressel even with his baggage would have been a much better hire with a proven and solid coaching resume, and the beauty of it all is he isn't coaching presently. I cringe to think what will happen to Nebraska football now.

If Eichorst had a legit shot at tress and passed... Idk man seems like even with some folks mad about his sanctions would get over it pretty quick once he started winning.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a difference between the situation at Nebraska under Bo and Michigan under Hoke.

Other than a losing season I don't think it is all that different. Maybe they knew a lot longer before firing him that Hoke was not gonna continue after the last game. Does Michigan have their man? (really, I have no idea)

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Eichorst had a legit shot at tress and passed... Idk man seems like even with some folks mad about his sanctions would get over it pretty quick once he started winning.

If by some miracle Riley does really well year after year after year, I'll forget about Tressel.
When I say really well I'm talking nine wins minimum a season. If Bo could do that for all of his seven years, Riley better be able to do that and have some great seasons also.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel wasn't coming here. That is a rumor with no substance at all. Everything comning from people surrounding him is he was never contacted and would not of entertained an offer if there was one. He made a three year commitment to YSU and plans to keep it.

So you won't forget about Tressel, you will continue to say Eichorst lied and you will continue to bad mouth Riley every chance you get even though he hasn't coached one game or even practice nor hired a single assistant yet.

that's just who you ar exorb.