• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs in the Cavs vs Jazz game

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 minutes to figure out a foul. Pussy league for ejecting both player. Double techs and lets play. Now I remember why I don't watch the NBA as mush as I use to.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to make a thread about this, but I have a question.

Have I been living under a rock, because I never seen a regular foul get upgraded to a flagrant foul. I know you can downgrade a flagrant into a common foul after a replay. My problem is, the refs were reviewing the altercation and not the foul. I never knew the refs could spot something on a replay, that they were not reviewing and say, "Oh we should've called that play a flagrant, so lets change it to that."

Can somebody help a brotha out because im confused?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to make a thread about this, but I have a question.

Have I been living under a rock, because I never seen a regular foul get upgraded to a flagrant foul. I know you can downgrade a flagrant into a common foul after a replay. My problem is, the refs were reviewing the altercation and not the foul. I never knew the refs could spot something on a replay, that they were not reviewing and say, "Oh we should've called that play a flagrant, so lets change it to that."

Can somebody help a brotha out because im confused?

I believe they can both upgrade and downgrade a foul. What they can't do is call a new foul that they missed. For example, if Lyles had traveled before the incident with Frye, they couldn't call that. They were reviewing the incident to see who instigated. So the call they made was on what they were reviewing.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they can both upgrade and downgrade a foul. What they can't do is call a new foul that they missed. For example, if Lyles had traveled before the incident with Frye, they couldn't call that. They were reviewing the incident to see who instigated. So the call they made was on what they were reviewing.

But the incident started after the foul. So shouldn't they just review the altercation? If they can go back and include the foul into the altercation, then my question is, how far can they go back on the play?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the incident started after the foul. So shouldn't they just review the altercation? If they can go back and include the foul into the altercation, then my question is, how far can they go back on the play?

They reviewed the foul and the incident as separate issues. So, they reviewed to see if the foul itself was a common foul or flagrant and also who instigated the headbutt, etc. that followed. It's actually 2 separate things they were looking for, that just happened to be on the same play.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do other players like punching Channing in the nuts ?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 minutes to figure out a foul. Pussy league for ejecting both player. Double techs and lets play. Now I remember why I don't watch the NBA as mush as I use to.
U should of watched the Bulls vs Raptors game. it was so bad. Butler got whacked in the face going up for a lay up and next play Guard from Raptors went to the lane and Moore got called for a foul. He didnt even come close to touching him. Replay shows him 8-12 inches away from him. 1-2 plays later Butler goes up again gets hit no foul, Butler goes crazy gets a T. Officials have been bad as of late. Now to be fair Bulls got some calls in the 4th. Overall it was a bad game.

Some how my bulls won.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They reviewed the foul and the incident as separate issues. So, they reviewed to see if the foul itself was a common foul or flagrant and also who instigated the headbutt, etc. that followed. It's actually 2 separate things they were looking for, that just happened to be on the same play.

Ok, that makes sense, but it's weird that they review something that they were never going to review. Without the incident, they were never going to review the foul.