• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rees vs. Hendrix

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know Kelly needs to bring in a top talent QB and then try and find a gem from a 3 star to have as insurance.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it right on the head. 4 and 5 star recruits are not going to want to spend more than a year sitting on the bench. This Golson situation has really hurt the Irish. With the year Golson had Gunner knew he was going to be 2 to 3 QB this year and maybe pass on completly with Malik. You have Golson one with respectful Tommy 2 and Hendrix is 3 who will probably never see the field.

Perfect bad storm Golson gone - Gunner gone - red shirt Malik and now we have what we have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why Im a fan of getting a 4 or 5 star recruit at QB and then maybe a hidden Gem from a 3 or 2 star recruit that you can develop.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Notre Dame to be in this position seems almost shameful. Growing up I never thought that this institution would struggle to recruit better talent at the quarterback position. I am awed by how physically inept and how horrible our quarterbacks struggle at times. I have always held a lot of respect for Rees because he wasn't blessed with the God given tools to succeed yet he has accomplished a fair amount considering his natural talent.

I watch college football as much as anyone and struggle to find teams with less talent at the position. Golsen cheated and Kiel transferred but I still shake my head how this storied football program can find itself in this position. You know your quarterback is really bad when they , the coaches simply refuse to pass the ball. Last night was difficult to watch, but let's look on the bright side, the defense came through.

Well said.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunner was a 5 star and LSU wanted him badly and came to ND. I remember was huge deal we got him. Something must have been said to him that he was going to behind Malek for him to leave. Being two behind Golson would have been fine. As a pistol being run style offense for the QB there is always high possiblity of injury. Leaving for Cincy he is sitting out a year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunner was a 5 star and LSU wanted him badly and came to ND. I remember was huge deal we got him. Something must have been said to him that he was going to behind Malek for him to leave. Being two behind Golson would have been fine. As a pistol being run style offense for the QB there is always high possiblity of injury. Leaving for Cincy he is sitting out a year.

Kelly told him he was the #2 QB and Rees was 3 but he had to fight to keep 2. I don't think he liked that and he bolted. Just like Lynch these recruits regret the move. Lynch leaves we go to a NC game, Gunner leaves and we lose our starting QB. Crazy