• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rees doesn't deserve blame.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For three years I've been saying that Andrew Hendrix would take over as the starter based on his arm strength and mobility. I'm starting to think it may never happen. I would still love to see him on the field, as a major part of the offense, but I think that window is starting to close. This might be his best last chance to have a positive impact on the team for this year.

I'm pretty sure if/when Tommy starts screwing the pooch, BK will not hesitate to play him, but I know what you're saying ...

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
craig ... no argument that there are several places to place blame for this team as it stands right now. this particular thread tho is pretty much about rees supposedly being blameless because of his stats. the op is suggesting he's not to blame at all and i am disagreeing with this sentiment.

i doubt there's anyone here who in fact lays all our problems at rees's feet. i think you exaggerate this point a little too much. i would ask right now .... IS ANYONE OUT THERE SUGGESTING ALL OUR PROBLEMS ARE REES'S FAULT?

i doubt we'll get any yea's.

When I had posted the OP, Rees's stats showed he compared to other quarterbacks favorably. Someone who looked objectively at how the team had performed up to that point in time would likely come to the conclusion that Rees's play was the least of the problems with the Irish but he seemed to get most of the blame. I did not say he was flawless or played perfect, but his play was at a higher level than most players on the team so he didn't deserve the blame for the lackluster play of the Irish.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said its time for Kelly to get creative. Play Hendrix like 10 snaps a game. Maybe 1 drive in each have just so teams have waste time preparing for him. If he starts lighting the world on fire then play him more.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Rees wearing a Notre Dame or Oklahoma jersey today, I just wasn't sure?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we should close this thread out because now we all know its Rees's Fault. The kid stinks. Any other QB we would of won the game even with the 3 turnovers. I will protest any game he starts. Im sick of this crap. We are ND, we shouldnt have a Div 2 QB starting for us.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will protest any game he starts.
How? By stomping and kicking your feet? Nothing we say or do will change anything about the players Kelly puts in there. We just need to make it through one more year and Rees is his-to-ry!! (We may still have piss-poor LBs though :L)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 8-4 regular season will be an achievement with Rees at QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REES SUCKS. Cant defend him now. Lost another game for us. Mich and Oklahoma game. Screw him and Screw Kelly if he starts him.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Rees the full blame on the loss against Oklahoma. All three picks were his fault. He didn't set his protection the first one and the other two he threw into double coverage. When you have a noodle arm bad things happen when you throw into double coverage. I think Rees is unaware of his limitations.