• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Salary Cap

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for Williams, he is the exact type of FA they should look at. He is young and won't cost top dollar. Fitz is history repeating itself, as would Suh, Revis etc. Your post made it sound like this was the route you were suggesting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should only be interested in young free agents on the rise at a reasonable prices . i dont want to hear about djax falling into our laps because its nonsense . we sold him on coming to DC

roberts has been ok . hatcher was an over pay but the lessen should have been what it should have been that FA wont solve our problems only drafting well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahaha..........good one Dad!!........we sold him into coming to DC. Yep, and this is how we did it. We had a guy determined to go to a team that played his former team regularly. We then realized that there was one team that fit his desires to not only do this but also was in dire need of wideouts especially a true number one impact type player. Now don't get me wrong Dallas and the NYG were also in the mix......except for the fact that they had playmakers at the position. We only had Garcon, who as I've said all along and now been proven right, is a career number two. Like I said......good one Dad!

BTW: Did anyone notice that his visits were limited to one team?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one saw Jackson hitting the market. If Kelly doesn't sour on Jax, he never becomes available. The Skins did not set aside 6 million for Jackson. Could you imagine what this class would have looked like without Jax. Roberts dropped everything after week 8 and was a big disappointment on returns. Hatcher was a non factor after the Jaguars game. Did he even play in December?:L

Last edited by a moderator:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you draft well AND pick up quality free agents? I didn't know it we had to pick one or the other.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahaha..........good one Dad!!........we sold him into coming to DC. Yep, and this is how we did it. We had a guy determined to go to a team that played his former team regularly. We then realized that there was one team that fit his desires to not only do this but also was in dire need of wideouts especially a true number one impact type player. Now don't get me wrong Dallas and the NYG were also in the mix......except for the fact that they had playmakers at the position. We only had Garcon, who as I've said all along and now been proven right, is a career number two. Like I said......good one Dad!

BTW: Did anyone notice that his visits were limited to one team?

This is exactly right. Of course DJax fell into Allen's lap, he was all set to go into the season with Andre Roberts as his #2. How scary is that? As mentioned Jackson was suddenly made available late in the off season and after Allen had executed his off season plan. Jackson wanted to stay in the NFC East. With the other 2 teams set at WR all Allen had to do was offer a decent deal. Nope, no credit at all for that one IMO.

So using Allen's last off season as a reason to defend signing big name FAs is kind of off the mark, you can have a successful off season by signing quality second and third tier FAs. Problem is Allen is apparently not very good at it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly right. Of course DJax fell into Allen's lap, he was all set to go into the season with Andre Roberts as his #2. How scary is that? As mentioned Jackson was suddenly made available late in the off season and after Allen had executed his off season plan. Jackson wanted to stay in the NFC East. With the other 2 teams set at WR all Allen had to do was offer a decent deal. Nope, no credit at all for that one IMO.

So using Allen's last off season as a reason to defend signing big name FAs is kind of off the mark, you can have a successful off season by signing quality second and third tier FAs. Problem is Allen is apparently not very good at it.

after jackson , who was a big name signing ? no one all were role playing guys not superstars

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with this team we have a bunch of players that suck or are just that role players

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
country my man you are right. I don't know which time but you have give about 632 reasons why this team is bad so 1 or 2 at least has to be right. :suds:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about these guys? I put what I think we should pay per season for them. (Don't beat me up to bad on this. Math isn't my strong suit)

FS Rahim Moore $4 million
C/G A.Q Shipley $3.5 million
ILB Mason Foster $3.5 million
OLB Justin Durant $3million
DT Corey Peters $3.5 million
TE Virgil Green $2 million
G Mike Iupati $5.5 million
CB Patrick Robinson $3 million

Total: $28 million

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after jackson , who was a big name signing ? no one all were role playing guys not superstars

Nobody is arguing that. We all understand he signed 2nd and 3rd level FAs. The issue is are we going to use these bad signings to determine that this is not the correct route to take/ I say don't use Allen's signings to make a blanket statement about the strategy of signing 2nd tier FAs.

In fact with a team with this many holes putting a lot of money into a few big names is exactly the opposite thing they should be doing. I'm kind of stunned a Redskins fan would even suggest it. Again it's history repeating itself.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is arguing that. We all understand he signed 2nd and 3rd level FAs. The issue is are we going to use these bad signings to determine that this is not the correct route to take/ I say don't use Allen's signings to make a blanket statement about the strategy of signing 2nd tier FAs.

In fact with a team with this many holes putting a lot of money into a few big names is exactly the opposite thing they should be doing. I'm kind of stunned a Redskins fan would even suggest it. Again it's history repeating itself.

I agree. We have so many holes that we have to use our money wisely. I believe it is better to fill multiple holes with good players than fill one hole with an excellent player. Now, if we were in the playoff hunt and truly a player to two away, then I might think differently. But we aren't. By the time we are retooled to make a playoff run, a Suh's contract would almost be up.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Suh, or Revis, but we have to get guys in here that could start for playoff teams around the league. At the present time we don't have a lot of those. Kerrigan, Trent, Morris, Garçon, and Djax. Everyone says don't blame the coaches, it's the lack of talent. Then we turn around and clamor to sign a bunch of role players that probably wouldn't see the field for most contending teams. There is nothing wrong with signing probowlers. The mistake we made in the past was trading draft picks for these probowlers and spending big dollars on guys that were probowlers 3 or 4 years ago.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Suh, or Revis, but we have to get guys in here that could start for playoff teams around the league. At the present time we don't have a lot of those. Kerrigan, Trent, Morris, Garçon, and Djax. Everyone says don't blame the coaches, it's the lack of talent. Then we turn around and clamor to sign a bunch of role players that probably wouldn't see the field for most contending teams. There is nothing wrong with signing probowlers. The mistake we made in the past was trading draft picks for these probowlers and spending big dollars on guys that were probowlers 3 or 4 years ago.

It really just depends on where you are in your re-build. I would love to have PBs at every position. But the fact is we don't have to money. One Suh or Revis will take up the majority of our available cap space. And those guys alone will not make us into a winner as we have so many other holes. We are projected to have approx. 20M in cap space next year. That's in the bottom half of the league. We can make some roster moves to free up more, but that just means we have to sign even more players so its not the panacea that many think.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said don't want Suh or Revis but wouldn't mind Iupati, Flowers, or McCourty.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started working on a list of FA's I'd like now that I'd assume we are going to stay in the 3-4.
...I think that I'm going to put an asterisk to some of these guys. RitzArmy had a great list...
I saw some folks targeting the RT from Green Bay, 1. I don't think he'd want to play here. 2. I don't think he'd be as effective considering Rogers gets the ball out ASAP.
but yeah, it would be nice to land him for our on paper all-star team

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the resoource and I'm fixing to have a busy day with stocks so a good start would be look up players that are 27 and younger that mccluehan drafted . Those players would be are targets

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started working on a list of FA's I'd like now that I'd assume we are going to stay in the 3-4.
...I think that I'm going to put an asterisk to some of these guys. RitzArmy had a great list...
I saw some folks targeting the RT from Green Bay, 1. I don't think he'd want to play here. 2. I don't think he'd be as effective considering Rogers gets the ball out ASAP.
but yeah, it would be nice to land him for our on paper all-star team

I wouldn't make that list too long. Mcloughan doesn't believe in building via free agency. if anything, i won't be surprised if we don't make a trade or 2 for additional draft picks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today on 980 they were talking about Scot's free agency history. His draft history is well documented. I was kinda surprised to see that Scot will spend occasionally. Gave Avril 6.5 over 2 I believe. Signed Sidney Rice, Justin Smith, and gave Flynn a huge contact the same year he drafted Russell. So I would expect one or two big name guys possibly, but nothing like 2000 or anything like that.