• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Salary Cap

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today on 980 they were talking about Scot's free agency history. His draft history is well documented. I was kinda surprised to see that Scot will spend occasionally. Gave Avril 6.5 over 2 I believe. Signed Sidney Rice, Justin Smith, and gave Flynn a huge contact the same year he drafted Russell. So I would expect one or two big name guys possibly, but nothing like 2000 or anything like that.

The problem is that we are not one or two high profile FAs away from contending. When he made those deals you mention, those teams were either in contention or on the rise. We are 3 years away if we execute properly. SO those FAs we sign to big money this year will be leaving by the time we are ready to compete. My guess is our wading into FA this year will be mid range guys to fill holes until we can draft players at those positions. The only position that we might, and I stress might, spend is on QB. And if that is the case, the only player that I could see would be Bradford.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken. Hoping he reaches for a guy he drafted though. I would love to see Iupati lined up next to Trent.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Rams letting Sam Bradford walk. They've stuck with him this long so the won't bail now. Besides I don't want that chicken ass check down king anyway

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Rams letting Sam Bradford walk. They've stuck with him this long so the won't bail now. Besides I don't want that chicken ass check down king anyway

The Rams either have to franchise him, sign him long term, or let him walk. But the only real way for them to ensure he doesnt test the market is to tag him. And Im not sure they are in a position to spend upwards of $20 million in cap space on a guy that didnt take a snap this past season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams either have to franchise him, sign him long term, or let him walk. But the only real way for them to ensure he doesnt test the market is to tag him. And Im not sure they are in a position to spend upwards of $20 million in cap space on a guy that didnt take a snap this past season.

No way they are going to tag him. I wouldn't. Has he ever played a full season?

I was high on him when he came into the league. But he's never made that next step. Primarily to due injury, in guess. If he hits the market (and I suspect he will), there will be 5 or 6 teams bidding on him. Including the Skins. He actually has a lot of the same skills as Cousins. They might make a pretty good QB corps.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Rams aren't going to tag him, they will simply sign him to a new deal. Dude will end up stealing more money than Ringo Star when it's all over.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam bradford would be worth a shot . with his injury history he wont get alot in the open market 26 yrs old

buluga , he could come rather cheap as well he missed 7 games in 12 and all of 13 so he is an injury risk 27 years old

adrain clayborn 6-3 280 lbs de . has missed 28 games in his career in 32 games he has 13 sacks . 28 yrs old

orlando franklin 6-7 320 G/T he could help us at OG and swing to tackle in a pinch 27 yrs old

samson satele C 8 year vet so he is older then i like however he is credited with stabilizing the miami o/line

these are guys i would look at as risky types