• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Drafting Big Board

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 Redskins NFL Draft ? Big Board ? Vol. 1 | ChatRedskins.com

2015 – Redskins NFL Draft – Big Board: This is a big board ranked to the specific needs of the Washington Redskins and not the NFL. Players the Redskins might be drafting with their first pick. It’s possible the Redskins might trade down in the first round too, we rank players into the middle of the first round.

1. Leonard Williams, DE – USC:
(6-5, 298) Projected Round – Top 3. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Slim. The Redskins need to add youth to the defensive line. Leonard Williams is the top Defensive lineman in the NFL draft and would be an impact player for the Redskins

2. Brandon Scherff, OT – Iowa: (6-5, 320) Projected Round – Top 10. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. The Redskins will add some offensive line talent in this draft and Brandon Scherff is the top lineman. He would start from day one.

3. Randy Gregory, OLB/DE – Nebraska: (6-6, 245) Projected Round – Top 10. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Slim. Randy Gregory is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL draft. His skills at outside linebacker would help the Redskins defense tremendously.

4. Landon Collins, S – Alabama:(6-0, 220) Projected Round – Top 15. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Slim. Landon Collins is the top safety in the draft and the Redskins need all the help they can get at safety.

5. Shane Ray, OLB/DE – Missouri: (6-3, 245) Projected Round – Top 15. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Slim. The Redskins are thin at outside linebacker and they probably won’t re-sign Brian Orakpo. Shane Ray is a terror off the edge and that ability is a commodity in the NFL.

6. Vic Beasley, OLB – Clemson (6-2, 235) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Vic Beasley does not have elite size for an outside linebacker, but he has elite pass rushing skills and the Redskins need to add more of that to their defense.

7. Andrus Peat, OT – Penn State: (6-7, 312) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. TheRedskins still have uncertainty at the right tackle spot. Andrus Peat is a massive offensive tackle and could solidify that spot for the Redskins.

8. Amari Cooper, WR – Alabama:(6-1, 210) Projected RoundTop 10. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Amari Cooper is the top wide receiver in the draft, but the Redskins don’t have a huge need a receiver. But Cooper might be too good to pass up.

9. Shawn Oakman, DE – Baylor: (6-8, 275) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Shawn Oakman is a tremendous athlete for his size, with amazing agility. The Redskins could use a player with his talent on it’s defensive line.

10. Trae Waynes, CB – Michigan State: (6-1, 183) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Trae Waynes is the top cornerback in the NFL draft, and the Redskins need to add more quality depth at the cornerback position.

11. Shaq Thompson, ILB – Washington: (6-2, 231) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Shaq Thompson is a tremendous playmaker at the linebacker position. He’s great against the run and in pass coverage. The Redskins could use someone who can create more turnovers.

12. Dante Fowler Jr., OLB – Florida: (6-2, 261) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. The Redskins need to add more pass rushing to their defense. Dante Fowler Jr. is one of the top defensive playmakers in the draft.

13. Danny Shelton, DT – Washington: (6-2, 332) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. The Redskins haven’t had a true nose tackle to anchor their 3-4 defense since they’ve been running the defense the last five years. Danny Shelton could step right in as the Redskins nose tackle.

14. Alvin Dupree, OLB – Kentucky: (6-4, 267) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. The Redskins need to add more depth at outside linebacker, and Alvin Dupree could step in and compete for a starting spot.

15. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT – Texas A&M: (6-5, 300) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. Cedric Ogbuehi is one of the top offensive tackles in the draft. The Redskins could use more talent on their offensive line.

16. Eddie Goldman, DT – Florida State: (6-3, 320) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. The Redskins could use more young talent on the defensive line. Eddie Goldman could play either defensive end or nose tackle in the Redskins 3-4 defense.

17. La’el Collins, OT – LSU: (6-5, 321) Projected Round – 1st. The Redskins need to continue to add talent to their offensive line. La’el Collins can help them with that.

18. DeVante Parker, WR – Lousiville: (6-3, 209) Projected Round – 1st. DeVante Parker is a big and fast receiver. However, the Redskins don’t have a huge need at receiver.

19. T.J. Clemmings, OT – Pittsburgh: (6-5, 305) Projected Round – 1st. T.J. Clemmings is a big yet agile offensive tackle. The Redskins could use his skills to compete at right tackle.
20. Kevin White, WR – West Virginia: (6-3, 210) Projected Round – 1st. White has the kind of size at wide receiver that the Redskins don’t have, but they somewhat deep at receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way would I put either of the 2 Alabama guys ahead of our needs up front, but with the big boards, maybe they take into account trade value?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Andrus Peat, OT – Stanford : (6-7, 312) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. TheRedskins still have uncertainty at the right tackle spot. Andrus Peat is a massive offensive tackle and could solidify that spot for the Redskins.

FYI Andrus Peat went to Stanford not Linebacker U. Maybe if Penn State did have Peat then Hack wouldn't have been sacked so much and the Lions would have had more then 7 wins.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Andrus Peat, OT – Penn State: (6-7, 312) Projected Round – 1st. Likelihood on the Board when Redskins Pick – Good. TheRedskins still have uncertainty at the right tackle spot. Andrus Peat is a massive offensive tackle and could solidify that spot for the Redskins.

FYI Andrus Peat went to Stanford not Linebacker U. Maybe if Penn State did have Peat then Hack wouldn't have been sacked so much and the Lions would have had more then 7 wins.

Good catch, I can't edit it.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good catch, I can't edit it.

Skinsdad can edit it when he logs on. Plus I should be getting my Mod ability back and ill fix it for you.

Back to your list. I think we have a fair chance to land everyone on that list including Collins, Peat, and maybe Ray. It all depends if both QB's get taken ahead of us which would give us the best player remaining of Peat, Collins, Gregory, Ray, Scherff, or Williams.

My order of wants:
1. Leonard Williams - DL
2. Brandon Scherff - OL
3. Randy Gregory - DE
4. Andrus Peat - OL
5. Shane Ray - DE

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are claiming Landon Collins probably won't be there at 5? if they take Collins at 5 I'd be pissed. My preference:

1. Williams but he won't be there
2. Gregory but he won't be there either
3. Scherff but you don't take a RT at 5 and he would be a bit of a reach. But it fills a huge need, enables them to consider moving him to LT should Trent demand too much, and keeps Scherff out of the Giants camp.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we stay at 5, I would want either Peat or Scherff. Just depends on which one is projected to be able to make the move to RT. Its not as easy as one would think. Moses struggled with it.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are claiming Landon Collins probably won't be there at 5? if they take Collins at 5 I'd be pissed. My preference:

1. Williams but he won't be there
2. Gregory but he won't be there either
3. Scherff but you don't take a RT at 5 and he would be a bit of a reach. But it fills a huge need, enables them to consider moving him to LT should Trent demand too much, and keeps Scherff out of the Giants camp.

I know it is not the way to draft, but I will be honest I have thought about the Giants pushing us around for 20 years.
I don't want Scherff in New York either. Oops, is that doom and gloom? Sorry!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins came off my board last night. Box safety with average speed. Not a scrub, but nowhere near the level of even Landry when he was coming out of LSU.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins came off my board last night. Box safety with average speed. Not a scrub, but nowhere near the level of even Landry when he was coming out of LSU.

I agree. Drafting 5th we have to take a top 5 player not 10th. We can't reach because we need a safety. Plenty of other needs with positions available to us. Best OT or DE available it appears will be heading to us.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane ray, peat ,or shereff should be are'targets at 5 but if we get buluga or iupita or some othere free agent good lineman we'can cross off lineman in the first shane ray would be the pick but who knows we can iupita and still draft a good lineman . I been saying use the draft to build the'lines if we can

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Drafting 5th we have to take a top 5 player not 10th. We can't reach because we need a safety. Plenty of other needs with positions available to us. Best OT or DE available it appears will be heading to us.

The problem is everything I read says any of the OTs at 5 would be a bit if a reach, especially if the player ends up playing right tackle

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is everything I read says any of the OTs at 5 would be a bit if a reach, especially if the player ends up playing right tackle

Hence I am a fan of trying to trade back. Pick up a later 1st (there are 5 projected OTs to go in the first round so we can still get one) while picking up at least another second and maybe an additional 4th or 5th.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence I am a fan of trying to trade back. Pick up a later 1st (there are 5 projected OTs to go in the first round so we can still get one) while picking up at least another second and maybe an additional 4th or 5th.

Every year we want a trade back. But of course you need a trading partner. Maybe Cooper is coveted and will be the prize and some team offers a Julio Jones type of trade up for?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we want a trade back. But of course you need a trading partner. Maybe Cooper is coveted and will be the prize and some team offers a Julio Jones type of trade up for?

either that or one of the QBs fall to the 5th. Those are the only two scenarios I can really see where our pick might look attractive to others. Williams will be gone by then.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fixed it for you TCb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see an elite type player for us at 5 . i dont mind a RT at 5 but if you are looking for a potential HOF player there you will be disappointed

right now if peat comes out he would be my pick

landon collins , to me cant be . he cant cover well enough

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very good big board. Either of the pass rushers would be great. OL would be nice. Trade back would be even nicer. Someone will be there that will be coveted. Either one of the QBs, Cooper or Gregory. We just need to shop the pick and be willing to wheel and deal.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way he slides past both the Titans and Jags.