• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds-Giants Game Rescheduled. Double Header July 23rd

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the July 4th game was scheduled for July 23rd as part of a double header. First game will be around 4 PM, next game 30 minutes after the first one ends.

Giants will be the "road" team for the first game.

I already had tickets to the night game. Do I get to attend the first game. I know wikipedia is unreliable but it did say this

Twi-night[edit]

In a twi-night doubleheader (short for "twilight-night" doubleheader), the first game is played in the late afternoon; after the first game ends, there is a break of 20 to 30 minutes, after which the second game is played. A spectator may attend both games by purchasing a single ticket. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, this is allowed provided the start time of the first game is no later than 5 PM. For statistical purposes, the attendance is counted only for the second game, with the first game's attendance recorded as zero. This type of doubleheader is more common in Minor League Baseball as the result of rainouts. They are also played in Major League cities with open-air ballparks and climates that are too hot for day games.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going. Haven't been to a traditional DH in decades...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traditional DH

Yeah I want to go but I have to coach that day. That should be a cool day at the yard. I heard the Giants are going to wear their road jerseys in the first game and will be the road team batting first. I wonder if the Reds will get their walk up songs played when they bat. Interested in how Renel Brooks Moon does the public address system announcing for the Reds supposed home game at AT&T in game 1.

This just in ....Bud Selig has demanded that all fans in Game 1 must wear red. Ha Ha ! Selig is more concerned with getting his jello at lunch then being the commish. He might as well wear a big red nose and the funny glasses. When he walks into a room I hear they play Send in the clowns.

I don't think the Giants have ever worn their road jerseys at home. Anyone know if this will be the first time?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as this sucks for the Reds, it makes more sense than playing at a neutral site. Remember when the Cubs no-hit the Astros in Milwaukee a few years back? That made no sense at all.

BTW, what was your handle at Disney?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal I used Grabsumpinemeat.

You guys have a nice board over here. Looking forward to writing here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, good ol' SYM :)

Welcome.

I think you will like it here. We are a bit more of an easy-flow convo style than your blog-style, but hell, do as you please.

have fun.

BTW..

I still reserve the right to make fun of your style. It is fun to get on a "tip the cap" riff...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Cal....And here is a tip of the cap to you. Peace Brother.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at ticket prices. *EVERYBODY* has basically doubled their ticket prices for the double header, so you AREN'T getting a 'free' game. Mon SRO tix are $20, Tue SRO tix are over $40 from sfgiants.com. Private sellers on craigslist have doubled the price for Tuesday (compared to the Mon or Wed game).